Northern Lights

My kids weren't in choir (after "music class" stopped being required) but my nieces are (and go to the same school as my kids). It seems like for their choir concerts, the director picks some sort of "theme" then they sing a collection of songs around the theme. There always seems to be at least one in a foreign language, one that's in English but is likely not something most people have heard before, then a choir arrangement of something "popular" that people know (like a showtune or something that's been on the radio.) I definitely see the value in the foreign langugage and more intricate arrangments. However, as the casual listener, it's also nice to be able to say "hey! I know this one!!!"

Once, in 2001. In a rare occurrence they dropped far enough south that they were visible in the Sierra Nevada mountains. We were camping and didn't realize what we were watching at first. It was awesome!

We saw it when we travelled to Fairbanks, Alaska in January 2017. DH and I were crazy to go there in the dead of winter but it was totally worth it. You can’t see it from the city (the city lights reflects off the sky and makes the aurora hard to see). We had to drive a little farther out where it’s totally dark and waited for the lights.

Attachments

• E61AF342-8DBB-4C65-B320-ED795A29E11A.jpeg
    E61AF342-8DBB-4C65-B320-ED795A29E11A.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 9

No, but ever since the tv show Northern Exposure, they are something I have always wanted to see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter