Norway 6 - 13 July 2019

We were booked for the May 2019 Ireland trip but due to scheduling conflicts that have come up we are bumping our trip out until later this summer. This allowed some friends the option to come so we're now going to Norway instead. This will be our 4th ABD (Peru, New York, Back Stage Magic) but our first non Adult Only trip. It looks like it was 27 adults and 5 kids on the trip but with us and our friends we're adding 5 more adults and 2 kids. With our booking it looks like we just about maxed out this date. Anyone from the forum going?

Looking on the forum it appears that there has only been a couple of people that have been on this trip and one detailed trip report. Our only to do items at this points:

1) Flights - I travel with Delta for work so we'll likely fly with them. The flight options look pretty good into BGO and back out of OSL so I think we're good there.
2) Hotels - I'm fairly certain that we'll book a couple of pre nights and at least one post night. The ABD hotels look good unless someone has better recommendations in Bergen or Oslo.
3) Private tours in Bergen and Oslo - I saw on one trip report that ToursbyLocal were used and they enjoyed it. We like to book these tours to help fill the gap between what's there and what ABD offers. Anyone have any recommendations? We'll hit up some guide books and TripAdvisor as well.

Can't wait!

sounds great. can't wait for your trip report. now need to decide in 2020 what trip to take....

We did the Norway trip and loved it! We only had one pre-night so did the ABD hotel in Bergen. The hotel in Oslo was gorgeous and in a great location.

We did a cruise after our ABD and went back to Oslo for a day. We found it pretty easy to explore ourselves - the ferry from downtown to the polar museum, bus to viking museum and bus back to town to the Nobel Peace museum. Wish we had done the sculpture park too. We did the art gallery to see The Scream on our free afternoon. Oslo is pretty small and easy to get around, so is easy to do by yourself.

have fun!

We went to Norway last summer (on our own - no tour groups at all). We really enjoyed the Thon brand of hotels - the breakfasts were amazing! Enjoy!

You know, it's funny, I keep "forgetting" about this trip, and it actually looks really amazing. Thanks for your plans to report on it. I may have to re-prioritize it higher on the future list.

Thanks,
Sayhello

Single digit dance for our Norway ABD departure. We'll try and keep up a running trip report as we go similar to our Peru and NYC trip reports. We did end up booking one pre and post date through ABD.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/peru-–-adult-only-20-–-29-sept-2016-trip-report.3549595/

https://www.disboards.com/threads/nyc-adult-only-25-28-2017-trip-report.3606573/
Yes, please do! I look forward to reading it. Norway is a place my kids and parents both want to go, so I'd love an updated report on this trip.

We're going in August and I can't WAIT to read about your trip!!! It will be our first, and I'm a little over the top with planning, so it will be great to get some new first hand info!!!

I just called ABD and it looks like we have 39 confirmed guests on this trip. Our Peru trip had 44 being the largest guest list, DIS BSM with 35 and our NYC trip was the smallest with 22 travelers. Our immediate travel party for this trip is a total of 7 people so we'll have to be careful to not just hang out amongst ourselves. Cameras are packed, headphones are charged, inflight meals ordered, iPads are loaded with entertainment, passports and itineraries are set out, now we just have to suffer through 2 more work days before we leave.

***Edit for number of people on DIS BSM trip***

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!