Norway Ride & Rivers Of Light (Disappointing Progress Updates)

TheRustyScupper

Everyone Is Responsible For Everyone.
1) Norway (Epcot):
. . . the boats FINALLY start to go into the water TONIGHT (4/11/2016)
. . . these are the previous boats and boat designs
. . . many of the CM's don't think the boats can maneuver one of the turns, while Imagineers say, "Yes"
. . . the CM's think even if they navigate the turn, they will "bunch up"
. . . the ride test trials start SLOWLY tonight so we should see
. . . no word on soft or hard opening dates
2) Rivers of Light (AK):
. . . the show was cancelled from April 22nd due to technical difficulties
. . . three of the C's working on the project think June is a reasonable opening date
. . . again, we will see

NOTE: The above info is from CM's working on or in the rides, and not an official statement from WDW.

1) Norway (Epcot):
. . . many of the CM's don't think the boats can maneuver one of the turns, while Imagineers say, "Yes"
2) Rivers of Light (AK):
. . . three of the C's working on the project think June is a reasonable opening date
. . . again, we will see

NOTE: The above info is from CM's working on or in the rides, and not an official statement from WDW.
Pictures have been seen of the boats on site already. I know May 27th is the rumored date for Frozen. I'm guessing that turn you're talking about is the new s shape they added to the ride where the load station was.

I sure hope it's ready in June.

1) Norway (Epcot):
2) Rivers of Light (AK):
. . . again, we will see

Have you heard if they are going to start showing Soarin over California anytime soon until they can change to Soarin over the world after Shanghai has opened??

I am hoping maybe it will be open by the beginning of June even if it is the old version.

Have you heard if they are going to start showing Soarin over California anytime soon until they can change to Soarin over the world after Shanghai has opened??

I am hoping maybe it will be open by the beginning of June even if it is the old version.
That's what I've heard but no guarantees of course.

I'm probably going to get hate for this but: this doesn't sound as bad as the title led me to believe. The only item of concern is Rivers of Light and that seems just like a "only time will tell situation" and the Frozen update sounds good in my ears! I mean yes the turn is scaring the cast members but again, "time will tell." It's weird this is the first I've heard of progress for that ride

I'm probably going to get hate for this but: this doesn't sound as bad as the title led me to believe. The only item of concern is Rivers of Light and that seems just like a "only time will tell situation" and the Frozen update sounds good in my ears! I mean yes the turn is scaring the cast members but again, "time will tell." It's weird this is the first I've heard of progress for that ride
There really isn't a whole lot to say about the ride. Rumor is opening May 27th but I've heard that may not happen and a June opening would be in order.

It's weird this is the first I've heard of progress for that ride

1) They have been training ride operators for over 6-weeks.
2) the ride was to open 3-4 week sago.
3) Tech difficulties, and a lack of painting halted progress.
. . . of course, they laid-off 140 painters
4) The hold-up was so bad, that CM's had NOTHING to do.
. . . many of them, were paid to just sit around
. . . other areas did not want to take them all, as the other area budgets would have been over-plan
. . . yes, some were temporarily deployed
5) As for not hearing before, bad planning or difficulties is not something WDW likes to publicize.

1) Norway (Epcot):
2) Rivers of Light (AK):
. . . again, we will see

thanks for the info
i hope ROL gets going by summer
WDW needs some good coverage right now

. . . other areas did not want to take them all, as the other area budgets would have been over-plan
5) As for not hearing before, bad planning or difficulties is not something WDW likes to publicize.
That's the first I had heard the ride was supposed open 3-4 weeks ago. Originally it was supposed to be May 1st then May 27th and lately I've been hearing June.

I'm not going back until mid-September, fingers crossed at least Soarin and ROL will be open by then (not that interested in Norway).

...Careful, not only does Disney not like publicizing bad management or planning, apparently others don't like it when you point out the obvious either. Bad planning certainly wouldn't have anything to do with a certain COO resigning after nearly every single project under his purview experiences "technical difficulties" and has to delay or even after a much bigger project just resulted in massive embarrassment and lost revenue for the company. Those kind of things are just supposed to be accepted because if it doesn't make the stock price drop 40% then it must be irrelevant.

We are going in mid July this year so I am hoping against hope that by then, the following are available: Frozen, Plussed Soarin', next generation Star Wars Galactic Spectacular night time show at DHS, RoL, Tiffins, Sunset Safaris, ToL Awakenings, STK Orlando and many other new food options at DS. This summer could be a great trip with a lot of new entertainment offerings.

1) The Soft Opening was to be done as soon as the Ride CM's were trained, and that has been done.
2) May was to be the Hard (aka, Official) Opening.

How long do the test periods normally last before the soft opening? Assuming there are not big "issues".

My family and I are going June 6-13 I hope that Soarin' and ROL are both open by that point. I really don't care that much about Norway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter