norway

tripletvan

DIS Veteran
i've just got a question about norway. Does it have a fancy sit down restarauntthat i could convince my parents to eat at?.if so please give MAJOR details :chat:

a disney teenager

Ausker House is in Norway. I have heard good things about it on this borad, but I have never eaten there.
I'm not even sure if that is the correct name for the restaurant but I know there is one.

Hope this helped a little bit.

I would not say restuarant Akershus is extremely fancy, but it is very good. It is a sit-down buffet that offers alot of traditional Norwegian. Marninated cheese and smoked fish(I can't remember what kind of fish) are fantastic.

We never have a PS when dining here and it usually is not busy. Great servers and a nice place to dine in. Very enjoyable.

No, it's not super-fancy, but I agree Akershus is very good. They've changed the format since I was last there. Apparently now it's half-buffet and half waited-on, sort of. They'll bring you a hot entree and sides, but you can go to the buffet and get cold things. Sounds like an improvement to me. While I never had a problem with any hot dish I tried, it might be tastier this way than having food sit in a chafing dish.

The interior of the restaurant is very pleasant, with wood beams and so forth. It's a great place to eat all you want and relax away from the crowds -- my favorite in all WDW (so far, anyway; I haven't tried them all)!

It is not a fancy rest. we didn't like the food on the buffet. If you like venison you might like it. Of course they had other items still not to our liking. Still it is good to try the difference rest, So good luck and enjoy.

It is not fancy...because everyone is wearing park clothes...but, the inside is beautiful and the food and service are wonderful.
Definately convince your parents to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter