Not a Disney trip... but where to stay?

leebee

DIS Veteran
Dh and I both had surgery this fall, he had complications, it's winter, and we are going to be ready for some Florida sunshine by the time his semester break rolls around! We are not planning to go to Disney, but we will be in the Disney area March 4-8, 2017 (Sat to Wed). It'll be just DH and me, and we'll probably spend a day out at Cocoa Beach visiting a friend. Mostly we are looking for a nice but affordable hotel, clean, maybe with breakfast. A nice pool area might be beneficial; we are not usually pool people, but right now, sitting outside in the sunshine sounds terrific! I'd like to be in the Disney/Universal area for the restaurants (although we are open to suggestions for offsite restaurants). We might do California Grill one night so we can see Wishes. ANYHOW... where would you suggest we stay? I'd like to pay $100 or less a night, taxes/fees/parking included.
Also... what if I win a Skyauction bid or such, but don't stay for the full 7 days? Would it be a problem checking out early? I'm not looking for money back or anything, just wondering how they feel about you not staying the full week.

I'd suggest you look at booking.com Or Expedia for rooms. There are comfort inn, la Quinta, etc. where you might get to less than 100 a night, although I always check trip advisor to make sure there are no problems. You could also often rent a condo off of HomeAway for a reasonable price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!