not activated AP discount

Duck143

DIS Veteran
We have not activated AP's and I'm wondering if you can use them for discounts on products or do they have to be activated? I'd love to order the kids some signature books or maybe some MagicBands with designs using the discount before the trip. Maybe for in their Easter baskets.
Thanks!

To get the merchandise annual pass discount, you must show your annual pass. Since you have not activated it, you will not have the pass. Therefore, you won't be able to get the discount with a non active pass. Sorry.

To get the merchandise annual pass discount, you must show your annual pass. Since you have not activated it, you will not have the pass. Therefore, you won't be able to get the discount with a non active pass. Sorry.
Thanks. I wasn't sure if there was an online discount or anything. No biggie, just checking.

Never tried as I have never had gaps since the MDE/App started but you could try buying it through the shopping app and see if it gives you a discount because it sees the AP purchase on your MDE.

It's no good at Disney Store, just app.

Never tried as I have never had gaps since the MDE/App started but you could try buying it through the shopping app and see if it gives you a discount because it sees the AP purchase on your MDE.

It's no good at Disney Store, just app.
I added 2 autograph books through the shop Disney app and it takes off the the AP discount. So this is super cool for someone who is not going to activate for awhile.

Last edited:
This may not apply to the OP but just for clarification, one can get an AP room discount applied without an existing AP- but by the time of check in there has to be an activated AP or the charge is full rack rate. I'll be buying mine long before that to get the Fps and then activate it once I am on-site, before we check in.

The app is funny sometimes. Our AP expired in November but the discount was still applied to something I purchased in December. Certainly not gonna complain, but I'm not sure why it would do it if the expiration has come. Makes sense that it would work before they are activated though!

I've gotten the discount in the shop parks app with a non-activated AP multiple times before. Although I wouldn't be surprised to see Disney fix it someday.

The app is funny sometimes. Our AP expired in November but the discount was still applied to something I purchased in December. Certainly not gonna complain, but I'm not sure why it would do it if the expiration has come. Makes sense that it would work before they are activated though!

I was surprised the shop parks app gave me an Ap discount at least a full year after ours expired. We have them again and still get the discount. I couldn’t believe they didn’t take that off but surely didn’t complain either!

I was surprised the shop parks app gave me an Ap discount at least a full year after ours expired. We have them again and still get the discount. I couldn’t believe they didn’t take that off but surely didn’t complain either!

A year!! That is insanely awesome!

I was once able to pre-purchase Disneyland AP only items once ... with a WDW AP.

Disney IT, the gift that keeps on giving (and sometimes taking).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!