Not getting DIS email notifications

mom2rtk

Invented the term "Characterpalooza"
I've always followed the DIS by getting email notifications and quickly reading in my email viewer. It's so much easier for me than browsing through the various threads and posts.

Anyway, just over a month ago I stopped getting any email notices. I go to my "watched threads" list and the box for email notifications is unchecked (in spite of setting up email notification on all of them originally). So I check the boxes and choose "enable email notification" and apply. Then the boxes uncheck again.

I've been posting about it in a thread on then tech forum someone else started with the same problem. Others have had their issue self resolve but I seem to be the only one still posting there with an unresolved issue.

Anyone else having the issue? Any other suggestions? The tech forum doesn't seem to get much action so thought I'd ask here.

My account is supposed to be set up so that I receive email notifications when I get a PM. That mysteriously stopped working a few months ago. I never thought to try to redo my settings. I’ll try it now and see if that resolves it.

ETA: I just went into my settings and it was still checked that I should be receiving email notifications for PMs, but for some reason that’s not happening. :confused3

Someone else mentioned this in another forum, so I think it's happening to more than just a few people. Maybe try posting in the tech forum and try asking one of the webmasters to see if you get a response?

My account is supposed to be set up so that I receive email notifications when I get a PM. That mysteriously stopped working a few months ago. I never thought to try to redo my settings. I’ll try it now and see if that resolves it.

ETA: I just went into my settings and it was still checked that I should be receiving email notifications for PMs, but for some reason that’s not happening. :confused3

Your post made me realize I'm not getting email notice of any new PMs either. In spite of having it set up that way.
Someone else mentioned this in another forum, so I think it's happening to more than just a few people. Maybe try posting in the tech forum and try asking one of the webmasters to see if you get a response?

I've been posting regularly on this thread already and tagged WebmasterAlex a couple times. His initial post in the thread suggested it was the email carrier deciding DIS emails were spam, but I know it wasn't all from one carrier. And the fact that I can't get my watched threads to accept the check to enable email notification leads me to believe it's a DIS issue.

... And the fact that I can't get my watched threads to accept the check to enable email notification leads me to believe it's a DIS issue.
I wouldn't be surprised. Keep making noise about this -- I know you're not the only one affected. Have you tried contacting Corey? Sooner or later, someone's going to hear your wheel squeaking -- and, hopefully, respond!

I wouldn't be surprised. Keep making noise about this -- I know you're not the only one affected. Have you tried contacting Corey? Sooner or later, someone's going to hear your wheel squeaking -- and, hopefully, respond!
Thanks @theluckyrabbit . I'll keep squeaking. ::MickeyMo

I'll give it a smidge longer then contact Corey.

Just use some banned words of post in the wrong blog and get a penalty note... That's how I reached a supv. Works all the time.

Just use some banned words of post in the wrong blog and get a penalty note... That's how I reached a supv. Works all the time.
But if I don't get an email notice of said communication, does it count?

It worked for me, but I can't say it would work for you. By the way the moderator never backed down even thou he was wrong but that's another story. I guess he needed a quota to fill....

I am getting nonfictions but some times there is a bit of delay, out of order, or duplicate. I am sure I am not getting some also.

Is there another button on the page, like at the bottom, where you have to click & confirm all the changes?

I'm also still trying to figure out if other can see if I'm "on line" or not. It shows for me but I have turned it off and it shows off, but appears to be on.

I'm also still trying to figure out if other can see if I'm "on line" or not. It shows for me but I have turned it off and it shows off, but appears to be on.
I don't see the green indicator on your avatar right now.

There is. And I have clicked it. Many times.

Are you trying to do this on your phone? I find that it sometimes takes a page a long while to load on my phone. So if I click on something before it's fully loaded, it doesn't go through.

It doesn't show you being online. No green dot appears.

Are you trying to do this on your phone? I find that it sometimes takes a page a long while to load on my phone. So if I click on something before it's fully loaded, it doesn't go through.

It doesn't show you being online. No green dot appears.
No, it's on my desktop. And honestly, I shouldn't have to click on the email box anyway since I subscribed by email at the time I opted to watch the threads on that list. Something happened somewhere along the line to uncheck that box and no amount of checking will "take".

Another week with no email notices. I tried checking the box again on watched threads and it still disappears when I hit "go". I continue to subscribe to new threads with email but haven't gotten a single email notice since 6/24.

I'd love for someone to take a look at this. @WebmasterAlex @WebmasterCorey

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!