Not going to parks - dining plan or not?

Lorix2

<font color=blue>Pixie and Dylan's mom<br><font co
I have to buy at least one day's admission for the free dining. DH doesn't want to go to any parks this time (just DH and myself :love: ) so that threw my dining plans right out the window.

I think someone here mentioned I could save the park admission for another time anyway?

So I have to figure that for $67.00 p/p for 1 day's pass is worth it to get the free dining and have a day if we want it.....or should I just skip the park pass and dining altogether?

I think it will still be worth the cost of the ticket for us to eat well for 3 nights that we will be there.

What would you do?

How much would you pay OOP for dining if you didn't have the fee dining? Would it be more than $67.10 pp (the cost of an adult 1-day base ticket) for the entire 3 nights? I'd get the package and either use the tickets so that you could dine in a World Showcase restaurant or save ithem for another trip.

Definitely worth it IMO.

Even if you are not near Disney during the day for lunch you can still have CS breakfast at the resort before you leave in the mornings and TS dinner at one of the resort restaurants at night. Snack credits can always be redeemed at the resort food court for bottled beverages or snacks for the hotel room or to take home.

I love the idea of using your tickets to go into Epcot one night! Have a wonderful dinner then see Illuminations with a glass of wine!

Melissa

I wouldn't waste a one-day pass on just an hour or two eating dinner and then watching the fireworks. I'd just sell the one-day passes on ebay for $50 - $55 each. It brings the total cost of the three-day dining plan down to around $15 per person, give or take.

formernyer said:
I wouldn't waste a one-day pass on just an hour or two eating dinner and then watching the fireworks. I'd just sell the one-day passes on ebay for $50 - $55 each. It brings the total cost of the three-day dining plan down to around $15 per person, give or take.

You can't sell the one day passes. The one day pass is encoded into your room ID with your name on it. We tried to use our grandson's ticket at guest relations to upgrade it to a higher ticket. He was not with us, so they would not let us do it. The person who's name is on the front of the "keycard" must be there when you use the card. If you were to sell the tickets the buyer would be getting tickets with other people's names on the front....they actually are the key you use to get into your room and for all other purchases while there. We still have our grandson's ticket with a posted note on it telling us what it's saved for, just so we don't mix it up and throw it away. I just can't imagine someone willing to buy a ticket with another person's name on it, because as an adult, the CM could possibily ask for an ID to see if you are the owner of the card. If you had a paper blank ticket, then yes, it would be possible to sell it.

I don't add charging privileges to my cards because it's just asking for trouble. That wouldn't be an issue.

As far as I know, the one-day pass encoded on the room key card is valid forever. It isn't activated until the first use, and since it's a one-day only pass, it should be valid indefinitely until it is presented.

As for having a name on the key card, when was the last time anybody was ever asked to show ID when entering one of the Disney parks? You walk up to the gate, slide your card and fingers in, then enter. Your ID at the parks is your fingerprint, but since the card would never have been used before that isn't an issue.

Obviously buying Disney passes off of ebay is very risky and I personally wouldn't purchase one that way, but I know for a fact that some people do it and the prices they pay are quite good. I also sell on ebay for a living, so my 5,000+ feedback rating helps a lot...people will buy anything from me because they know I'm not scamming them.

formernyer said:
Your ID at the parks is your fingerprint, but since the card would never have been used before that isn't an issue.

jftr,
The admission system has nothing to do with your fingerprints. It scans your index and middle fingers and uses a geometric formula to come up with a number that will identify your fingers. The calculated number is apparently something that is not totally unique, but is statistically significant in identifying you.

formernyer said:
As for having a name on the key card, when was the last time anybody was ever asked to show ID when entering one of the Disney parks?

I guess it's just me, but during my trip in February '06 I was asked for a picture ID twice because my card wasn't reading and my husband was asked once for the same reason. I think it was the turnstile that was having problems, but they still asked for a picture ID (this was at MK). I'm asked for a picture ID at least once a year. Maybe it's because we go alot (5 to 6 trips a year). I agree, it is very risky buying tickets on ebay and I certainly would never do it myself, but there are people out there that do. If I sold tickets, I'm sure I would get a pretty penny for all of the 1 day comp hopper tickets we still have left from my hubbys days as a CM.

Hi everyone,

I think I am going to buy the one day pass and get the dining as well. If we do not use this pass, then I will save it for another day that's allowed and dine elsewhere at the resorts and DD. I would never consider selling them.

I guess I'll have to buy a non-expiry type ticket, yes? Or will a one day, non hopper not expire anyway? :confused3

Lorix2 said:
Hi everyone,

I think I am going to buy the one day pass and get the dining as well. If we do not use this pass, then I will save it for another day that's allowed and dine elsewhere at the resorts and DD. I would never consider selling them.

I guess I'll have to buy a non-expiry type ticket, yes? Or will a one day, non hopper not expire anyway? :confused3

one-day passes have no expiration

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter