Not in a million years did I think a GV would be available - updated

ILoveMyDVC

DIS Veteran
But it was! At OKW in August for a full week! We had a family funeral that almost became a double (Aunt & almost Uncle which could still happen in the next few days) this past week. It shook up a few people and made them think,
A few weeks ago one of the other older couples lost their two very old dogs leaving them pet less for the first time in decades.

Soooooo,I went online and lo and behold snagged a GV at OKW. I am preparing my PPT presentation to convince my favorite person in the world, my FIL (88), his longtime GF (74), his brother (81) and his wife (Uncle & Aunt (79) ) to go to WDW. My gracious DH has offered to drive DU and DA as they will not fly.

This is a dream for me so wish me well!

A GV just hanging out there waiting for me < 90 days out - IMAGINE!

Our uncle did pass this weekend. My FIL and the other family members went from maybe to yes to no - we are going to use the borrowed points and will rent this year's remaining points as we had no plans at all to go this year prior to this.

Last edited:

It's tough not jumping ahead grabbing more ADRs but I refuse to do the deep dive without buy in on the trip and or the dining plan. I say of the 4, we have:
1F = 98% ( doesn't want to walk due to back issues; never been; wants to go on vacation )
1F = 80% wants to go away on "vacation" not to Disney (shopping for redecorating is one and only hobby)
2M = 50/50 (in their 80s); no way to guess if they are in or out until tomorrow. My FIL went to AK once for a few hours; rode 1 ride - Expedition Everest at 80 years old. I have high hopes he will go for it and then he will have great time!

Just keep in mind that OKW has no elevator in most building and all GF require walking up stairs, at least 1 flight and most likely 2 flights to get to the #2 and #3 BR. Building 49 has a ground floor GV, HA, and one of the 60s, buildings that has an elevator has a GV also.

Just keep in mind that OKW has no elevator in most building and all GF require walking up stairs, at least 1 flight and most likely 2 flights to get to the #2 and #3 BR. Building 49 has a ground floor GV, HA, and one of the 60s, buildings that has an elevator has a GV also.

Thank you - I pulled Webmaster Doc's breakout map- it's a classic.
My FIL and I replaced a roof on a shed in a weekend last year - up and down the ladder - he can do it. The men still do their own shoveling in N. E. The August heats worries me but I have a gut feeling that says do it NOW. Don't wait until January +.

5/6 of us are cancer survivors. Time to make time.

Well, it's a definite, NO. I am disappointed like a child. I really wanted them to go - to have something to keep their minds whirring away. I wanted my beloved FIL to have this time with us. He would have loved it.

I called DVC because I did not recall all of the rules.

My DH and I are now going in a 1 bedroom - using the borrowed points.

This year's use year points are now available for me to transfer to another member (will post on rent/trade soon) which was my original plan for them having just went for two weeks in September before this compelling idea took over.

So bonus trip not to waste the borrowed points - almost at the 60 point FP+ window. We've taken people on so many trips (see signature) that it will be a respite to go alone but how I wish my FIL would have done gone for it.

Thank you for the kind wishes,

Oh my goodness, that was a real roller coaster!!! o_O I was so excited for you, thinking that fate stepped in & gave you a wonderful gift.
But then...…..I can only imagine how sad you feel - getting a GV for family to just hang out together has been a dream of mine for years.
I hope you & your DH have a wonderful time ❤

Oh my goodness, that was a real roller coaster!!! o_O I was so excited for you, thinking that fate stepped in & gave you a wonderful gift.
But then...…..I can only imagine how sad you feel - getting a GV for family to just hang out together has been a dream of mine for years.
I hope you & your DH have a wonderful time ❤
Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter