Not Priced Out Fall of 2020 thread?

Quellman

Donald Duck
Usually there is a huge outcry of ridiculous pricing, too expensive, and what are they thinking posts. Were people content on pricing? Are people just not booking the fall in general? Just trying to get a pulse on what the masses think about the Fall 2020 pricing.

I think it is a little of column A and a little of column B.

I've definitely seen a lot more complaints about the itineraries for Fall 2020 than the pricing.

For what it is worth, I booked the (apparently there can be only ONE in Fall 2020) 7 day Wonder Mexican Rivera and found the pricing inline with what we paid for other cruises on the Wonder.

I think one of the reasons there's more outrage, if I can call it that, with the release of summer itineraries is because summer is $$$ anyway, then throw in Europe and Alaska, and DCL looks ridiculous in its pricing.

Honestly this release was rather slow... look at the quote sheet we put together. There are hardly any reports there comparatively. Id think it was just us but the people who called in reported astronomical waits of about 30 minutes (being sarcastic here, in the past people were waiting hours in some cases). It sure FELT slow...

I wasn't looking to book a cruise for the Fall since we always cruise in Jan. I decided to take a look though. I was shocked(well, not really since it is Disney) to see a 7night Fantasy cruise for 2 adults, 1 kid in an OV cabin was over $10,000. Of course it was over Christmas or New Year's(don't remember which, but YIKES!) We've taken 2 7night SWDAS cruises on the Fantasy and have another booked for next Jan and have never gone over $4,500 for each of them(same family size and OV cabin). Needless to say we will stick to cruising in Jan.

I am a bit bewildered - I am booked with a TA and requested a certain choice of cabins for 2 cruise dates (we're doing a back-to-back) however our request could not be accommodated. Evidently our cruise dates had sold out of those cabins by the time we could book (silver - promptly Wednesday AM.) I have perused the request and quote threads on here and have not seen anyone else mentioned the dates that we wanted, but people are definitely booking them.

For the most part, I am hearing disappointment about the October itineraries. Slim pickings...

I wasn't looking to book a cruise for the Fall since we always cruise in Jan. I decided to take a look though. I was shocked(well, not really since it is Disney) to see a 7night Fantasy cruise for 2 adults, 1 kid in an OV cabin was over $10,000. Of course it was over Christmas or New Year's(don't remember which, but YIKES!) We've taken 2 7night SWDAS cruises on the Fantasy and have another booked for next Jan and have never gone over $4,500 for each of them(same family size and OV cabin). Needless to say we will stick to cruising in Jan.

I was shocked when I saw the prices for Christmas and New Years cruises on the Fantasy too. More than what we paid for Alaska. I had originally considered maybe adding a 7-day cruise to a short WDW trip but those prices sent me right back to October cruises. I've done a week over Christmas in a deluxe resort with park hoppers and (free) dining at WDW for half of what that Fantasy cruise wants for an inside room.

Fantasy prices for summer and holidays are insane! I think people were disappointed with the itineraries this year - no Bahamas from NYC, less HOTHS, etc.

We're booked for this November on the Magic NYC to San Juan. I thought we got a really good deal at the time we booked. The similar 2020 cruise is a day longer and has 2 ports instead of our 1 and the price (per night) is very close to what we paid for this year's cruise. I didn't want to do the same cruise in consecutive years (even though Very Merrytime are our favorites) so I booked the Wonder for Dec. 30th. I had hoped that it would have been the same week as 2019's, which is the week of Dec. 26th, so my daughter wouldn't miss school. I want to cruise on the Wonder but I'm not sure if we'll keep this one or not but I like the ports better than the other option (for us) out of San Diego. The Dec cruise is twice as much as the one out of San Diego in November. Not surprising since it's a holiday cruise though.

Last edited:
I was shocked at the picing for the New Year cruise on the Fantasy too. $13,000 for 4 adults in an inside deluxe cabin. Even our TA was shocked. We have cruised over New Year the past 3 years and those cruises haven't even been close to the curent prices. Even the Chistmas cruise is cheaper, which we haven't seen before. I will now wait for early January to be released.

I think it boils down to the itineraries. We were flip flopping between taking a Fall 2020 DCL cruise or hitting up Food and Wine at WDW. After seeing the release, it was an easy choice. Food and Wine it is!! I think (hope??) there are some anomalies at play here. The Magic is coming back from Europe later than usual and has a hole with nothing scheduled between the last European cruise and the TA. Then, there is the lack of mid to late Nov/Dec cruises on the Magic and no one seems to know why. The Dream is going into dry dock, so it's out for awhile, and while the Fantasy is taking those cruises on, it eliminates the Fantasy's normal itineraries.

I think you aren't seeing the normal price-induced outrage because a lot of folks signed out when they saw the schedule. If you know you aren't going to book, then the price doesn't matter, ya know??

Last edited:
I was wondering about this thread popping up. I booked a 4 night Dream Merry Time and it's $300 more than the September 4 night in 2020 I currently have booked as well. I'm guessing the $300 is the Merry Time premium as it isn't over a holiday. I am hoping to go this year though the cabin I got is incredible. I just want the Merry Time experience and I'm sure DCL knows people are willing to pay for that.

EBPC increased 8% for the same cabin from 2019 to 2020. We booked a cabin with OBB but if we actually sail remains to be seen. If we do splurge it will sadly probably be our last Disney cruise. The prices are just too high for us compared to another line that we have tried.

We booked the 8 night Eastern Fantasy Cruise Nov 28th. For us is was the selection of destinations was a little underwhelming. Looking forward to Antigua but wish they had thrown in some islands off the usual path. St Martin and St. Thomas feel like a been there done that. I wish they were repeating the 8 night cruise they are doing this fall and next spring. Also I think the lack of choice is a result of dream going into dry dock and several dates missing for the Magic. Also checked this am and the price for the same cruise in the same category for my family of 4 has already gone up $500 from what I booked it at on Wednesday as a silver member.

Last edited:
We booked the 5 night Double Dip Merrytime in Nov 2020. Cost the same as our 7 night this fall, but our 7 night isn't a double dip. I was actually expecting worse because in the past double dips have been ridiculously priced - so was OK with the price.

That said, I'm hoping as we get closer to the new ships being added we'll see a freeze or even downward movement on the price as some people delay booking to wait for the new ships. A girl can dream.

Overall, the itineraries are very underwhelming. We did book the November Double Dip and the prices have gone up quite a bit already, so folks are booking. Whether they'll keep the booking is another question...

We also booked the November Double Dip as well and was comfortable with the price when compared to other double dips. Really like the itinerary on this one with having a sea day after the second CC day, normally have to get back on the ship and pack, looking forward to not having to do that right away.

We also booked the November Double Dip as well and was comfortable with the price when compared to other double dips. Really like the itinerary on this one with having a sea day after the second CC day, normally have to get back on the ship and pack, looking forward to not having to do that right away.

Yes, isn't that great? No need to pack wet swimsuits. LOL

I was looking at a Holiday cruise for 2020, have done a couple before and they are great! However they have priced us out this time. not being able to use an OBB hurts as well!

Usually there is a huge outcry of ridiculous pricing, too expensive, and what are they thinking posts. Were people content on pricing? Are people just not booking the fall in general? Just trying to get a pulse on what the masses think about the Fall 2020 pricing.

No as bad as I was expecting it to be. That doesn't mean those are "good" prices but it seems like they were moderately reasonable this time when raising the prices. The itineraries are meh.

I already had a feeling that my friends and I would not end up booking with DCL for December 2020 because the same RCCL Bahamas cruise was already 50% less than DCL 2019 prices...

...And now with 795$/pp for DCL vs 325$/pp for RCCL*, RCCL was the obvious choice for us.

*Price for 3 adults ladies in an inside cabin.

There was nothing exciting or priced well enough for me to book. For the boring PC itineraries, we'd rather just wait for Florida resident or GTY deals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!