Not Ready For Autumn

Our local big box store has already removed all the summer merchandise and back to school merchandise is in its place. And we are not even half way through our summer break here!

Our local big box store has already removed all the summer merchandise and back to school merchandise is in its place. And we are not even half way through our summer break here!

That's what drives me nuts - you can't get summer stuff (to replace something that breaks, for instance) when you actually need it!

Last edited:
Yes! Even pool chemicals which are needed until the pool is closed have virtually disappeared from the big box type stores. I have to either make a special trip to the pool store or order off of Amazon. Definitely a first world problem, but why do they do that? There is money to be made.

I intend to wring every last moment out of summer possible -- and then settle myself in for a gorgeous, and very extended fall season. Winter is welcome to dust some powdered sugar snow here and there at my whim -- and then be gone!

I'm with you - except I don't mind a good snow storm once or twice during the winter months!
I really enjoy summer, and really enjoy fall. I hate it when just as you settle in to enjoy one, the other is being shoved down your throat! I fully expected to see the back to school stuff out immediately after July 4th, so I was prepared for that., even though school around here doesn't start for another 2 months. I have no dog in the back to school fight, so I can usually ignore it. But the other day I already got a Christmas catalog in the mail:scared:. And I hate that I have to go to Lowes NOW to get a new fireplace grate, because if I go in Sept or October - you know, when I might need it- they won't have any more. And don't get me started on Christmas in September (stores) and how Thanksgiving seems to be totally overlooked.

I was at Michaels today and was just browsing up and down every aisle....and then I turned and found myself in an aisle full of Christmas ribbons!! Thankfully (really? It's July so even this sounds weird) most of the aisles *only* had Halloween and fall decorations. Everything was very nice but I don't want to wish summer away!

Considering we're usually between upper 90s to triple digit heat at this time of the summer (don't even get me started on the feels like/heat index) and won't see anything autumn-like in temps for months, I'll take any kind of reminders of cooler weather. :D

It's blazing hot in Texas lately so I am definitely ready for fall. Plus we have Sahara Desert sand in the air (!) and that needs to go away too.

I am SOOO ready for fall! I am not a fan of summer.

Me too!!! I like that summer is quieter at work, but that might be about it. Fall is my favorite season, followed by winter. I love brisk weather, wearing sweaters, cozying up in blankets, pumpkin & apple picking, pumpkin and apple EVERYTHING!, Fall Festivals, & knowing that all of this beauty will be followed by a blanket of snow in a few months :)

We aren't even one month into summer yet, so no.
And it's 100 degrees out right now, and 100 degree says will be around here until a couple of weeks into Autumn. About the last 10 years here, we seem to skip Spring and Autumn, and go from heating season to cooling season and back to heating season, with no break in between.

I was at Michaels today and was just browsing up and down every aisle....and then I turned and found myself in an aisle full of Christmas ribbons!! Thankfully (really? It's July so even this sounds weird) most of the aisles *only* had Halloween and fall decorations. Everything was very nice but I don't want to wish summer away!

Some crafters work on Christmas boutique projects during the summer. It's only logical for a craft store like Michael's to carry supplies for them.

That said, I was in charge of a dinner for senior citizens in November. I looked for fall stuff in October to make center pieces. The fall decorating materials had already been cleared out to make room for Christmas.

110 degree heat index here now-when we don't have summer thunderstorms and Ds found and bought Halloween Double stuff Oreos yesterday!

Some crafters work on Christmas boutique projects during the summer. It's only logical for a craft store like Michael's to carry supplies for them.

That said, I was in charge of a dinner for senior citizens in November. I looked for fall stuff in October to make center pieces. The fall decorating materials had already been cleared out to make room for Christmas.

That's a good point, I just wasn't mentally prepared! It wasn't a very big selection though so hopefully not too many Christmas crafters were looking!

OK, I'm ready now. We had an unusually cool day yesterday (after a string of especially hot and humid ones) and I found myself thinking just a liiiiitle bit about cuddly sweatshirts and pumpkin spice coffee.

I'm enjoying summer and my summer flowers and plants.:goodvibes:cheer2: Don't want to rush the season at all. TOO EARLY for mums!:(
I saw some beautiful (and cheap!!) ones out at WalMart the other day and I'm seriously considering getting a bunch to replace my current pots. My million-bells are looking ratty and spent and the hot weather this past week have practically finished them off entirely (this is not my picture but mine look pretty much like this):
PW-Cali-S-Apricot-Punch-15-.jpg

Last edited:
I have mixed feelings about it. I look forward to fall but then I miss summer. I just love all the season’s and living in NC I think is partly why. We rarely have extreme weather. We have had a few fairly warm summers but overall it’s a beautiful early spring, a few snow storms to have a couple of days off and nice hot days for the beach here.

Local stores here have their Halloween candy out on display. Saw it at Walmart and the grocery store last Friday.

I've already stocked up on my favorite Fall candles and soaps, so I'm excited for that part, but the rest of it I can wait on! Summer goes by so fast here in Buffalo - it doesn't ramp up until the end of May and comes to a screeching halt Labor Day weekend. That gives us 3 months of "nice" weather which equals about 15 weekends to do all the warm weather things we want. Way too short!

Yes! Even pool chemicals which are needed until the pool is closed have virtually disappeared from the big box type stores. I have to either make a special trip to the pool store or order off of Amazon. Definitely a first world problem, but why do they do that? There is money to be made.
Bleach or salt water generator. Swap the expensive chemicals and visit troublefreepool.com and learn that the expensive stuff is exactly the same as normal household chemicals except more expensive and harder to manage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter