Not Ready For School! Yikes!

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi all! I totally can not believe school starts soon! DD will be in grade 5 while ds is home for one more year before starting kindergarten. Usually dd and I go school clothes shopping two weeks before school starts. We haven't even thought about it until tonight. I am not looking forward to school starting, but I put on a happy face for dd. Chat soon! S

oh my goodness, i can't wait for school to start! although i don't have kids - so i'm actually the one in school - and by October (midterms time) i'm usually burnt out. but i have tons of optimism in August. heh. back to school shopping is soooo fun! i love sales :)

DS came home last night finally. He's been away since June 28th except for a couple of weekends. He asked when school started and wasn't too thrilled to find out that he only has a week to "chill". He's going into grade 12 so this year could be interesting. He has to pick up his timetable on Wednesday. He does his clothes shopping himself because according to him I have no taste!!! More like I'm looking at the price tag!!

Not looking forward to getting him up in the morning for school but it's nice to finally have him home. Having a hard time believing that high school will be finished this year. Seems like only yesterday he was starting kindergarten.

I know what you mean ~ time flies. dd is starting grade 5 this year and ds will be starting kindergarten next year. He is born in January ~ if he was born just a few days earlier, he would be starting school next week. He isn't ready for kindergarten ~ I am thrilled to have him home one more year. dh handed me a Fall Fair book yesterday. It had beautiful trees with gold and red leaves on them. I am not ready! My biological calendar tells me it's the middle of summer not the end! S

My back to school shopping means getting my dd ready to go to university for her first year. Wow, I can't believe how much stuff we have had to buy for her. She is going into an apartment style res, so she needs kitchen stuff as swell as bedroom and bath things. It seems like our houses is overflowing right now.

I am so proud of her, yet I know I'm going to miss her so much. Sure hope we will be spending a lot of time on the phone!

I have 2 little ones that go back to school next week.
However, I work for the school board and we have been non-stop all day. All the secretaries came back today and of course they forgot their passwords. I get to reset them for them!!!:rolleyes:
I'm looking forward to my kids going back. They get bored come August. I wanted our school to do the modified calendar year, but the vote wasn't strong enough from our community. Maybe one day!

My DS starts his very first day of Junior Kindergarten on Monday and DD goes into Grade 2! How time flies...can't believe my little man is going to school! DD was all sad yesterday that she had to go back to school, and then today when I get home from work she says, Mommy, I want to go back to school to see my friends and teachers!

I can't believe it is time to go back aready! I still have so much to do to get my classroom ready! I am excited about the first day though, and looking forward to my grade sixers! :p

Well, we bought school supplies today and saw way too much Halloween candy in the aisles. It's 4 months until Cmas and I am still in denial that school starts next week. I WANT SUMMER TO LAST LONGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love sleeping in ~ my kids sleep until 10am if I let them! My daytime classes don't start until late September, but I have to start my prep soon. MORE DENIAL! I have camping on the brain ~ not reading and writing and math! YUCK! I best get my act in gear and go clothes shopping with dd soon. HOOOOOOOO HUUUUUUUM! S

Sandra - LOL about the Halloween stuff....I was at Costco the other day and they have a whole aisle of Christmas stuff out! I guess summer is really coming to an end!

Our oldest DD is starting grade 2 this year and has been asking when she can go back to school since the middle of July. She is very excited to get back to school and see all her school friends and teachers etc. I love seeing all the X Mas stuff at Costco and hey hockey in what 8 weeks can't wait can we all have a verse of Jingle Bells now

It still seems strange that Dan is staying in high school for another year after I spent all last year thinking that this would be his last year at home. He is looking forward to going back to school because he loves the music program that he gets to be involved with for one more year but Tim is not looking forward to it. He would rather just sit on the computer all day and play computer games. Teenagers!! :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter