Not Relying on the Cupcakes, Cocktails or Pixie Dust (KICKS IN THE PANTS NEEDED)

Well last week it was smooth sailing and I was streaking and looking like I was going to beat my longest of this year with my eating…that was until I made a fatal mistake. I decided to go out and grab something from lunch at the grocery store deli (it’s Lent and can’t have meat) before the training I was presenting that afternoon. Scanning over the deli selections I went for the pimento cheese spread and some peel & eat spiced shrimp. Of course the containers did not have nutrition labels but I felt pretty much certain the carbs would be okay…the carbs were great but that night as I was logging my food I found that the little container I ate was like thousands over my calorie limit and that of course sent me into an emotional eating binge, cause I had already blown it my new streak! Saturday I pulled on my big girl panties and got right back on track, for the most part the rest of the weekend. Not great numbers but no more binges. I am not going to count those days as streak days because my numbers were a little too wonky! Since Monday I have been back at it with great numbers each day and I have learned my lesson that you always log BEFORE you eat.

I am not supposed to officially step on the scale until March 4, but I tried on a pair of jeans yesterday and was a little disheartened that they were still really tight. I know I should never set myself up with the scale, but I did…and guess what…I am now down 14.2 pounds. Only 0.8 lbs till my goal of 15 pounds on March 4th. Looks like I might actually make my goal plus a little more.

You are probably wondering what my goal is for each month. Well last month was as much as I could get off as I know in the beginning you get bigger losses. Each month after this, I am want to lose 5 pounds off so that by my 1 year mark of starting this road I will be at my goal of 60-65 pounds. It is still really disheartening to realize that I was lighter this time last year then I am now even after losing almost 15 pounds…but the past is past and I have to move on.

Let's Go Streaking

Current Exercise Streak: 56 Days in 2016 (62 days since December 26, 2015)/at least 2 intentional miles per day
Current Eating Plan Streak: 3 Days (Longest in 2016 4 days)
Current Water Streak: 3 Days (Longest in 2016 3 days)
PACT earnings in 2016: $9.04
Pounds Lost: 14.2 pounds​

10-pounds-lost-jpg.151756

I have learned my lesson that you always log BEFORE you eat.

This is something that's really hard to learn. It's a lot easier to eat first and track later, but that doesn't always help. So I think it's awesome that you're learning to do it the right way!

It's awesome that you were able to pick yourself up and reset. We all make mistakes sometimes, and what really matters is how we recover - and I think you're recovering well!

Today is official weigh in day. I have really tried to limit myself to only 1 time on the scale, but that is so hard. My goal for February was to lose 5 pounds (a little over a pound a week) and….

IMG_5359.png

I did it, and a little more. I have to admit I really pushed myself hard eating wise this week to really stay EXTREMELY low on the net carbs, well that was until the middle of last night when I could not sleep and I raided the cupboards...UGH (what it could have been). But now the real struggle begins for the next 2 weeks. I am leaving in the morning for a business trip until Thursday. I am really going to try hard to stay focused but allow myself a little treat day tomorrow, will try not to make it a binge. Then I get home and a day later turn around and leave for a week on a trip with my children’s Boy/Girl/Venture Scout dance troop to California. I am totally going to be at the mercy of truck stops, fast food and the communities hosting us each night mercy in terms of eating. I am going to try my best to make good choices and not allow myself to binge. For both trips my carry on is going to have some alternatives for me in case I get in a real jam with food choices. Then once I get back on the 20th it will be total focus for 2 weeks before my next weigh in. I want to maintain and lose another 4 pounds, to make about 20 pound total in 3 months.

As far as mileage goes February looked like this

FitBit Miles 253.60 (Total in 2016-491.44 miles)
Intentional Walking Miles 182.5 miles (Total in 2016-339.5 miles)

When I get back on the 20th, it is time to start training. A DIS Cupcake friend convinced me to sign up for a race…El Sorcoho…15.5 miles at midnight in Dallas, Texas in July. Sounds like more like El Loco! But it is her favorite race and it will be my longest distance…a good test if I can actually get past the half mark and move on towards the full! Hopefully by the time the race rolls around I will be around 35 pounds lighter than I was January 1st and over half way to my goal weight! I also have motivation in the form of a custom sparkle skirt that I ordered 1 size smaller. YIKES

Let's Go Streaking

Current Exercise Streak: 64 Days in 2016 (69 days since December 26, 2015)/at least 2 intentional miles per day
Current Eating Plan Streak: 4 Days (Longest in 2016 5 days)
Current Water Streak: 3 Days (Longest in 2016 3 days)
PACT earnings in 2016: $11.28
Pounds Lost: 15.4 pounds (since January 4)

Goal for April 4: 184.8 (4.6 pounds)​

This is something that's really hard to learn. It's a lot easier to eat first and track later, but that doesn't always help. So I think it's awesome that you're learning to do it the right way!

It's awesome that you were able to pick yourself up and reset. We all make mistakes sometimes, and what really matters is how we recover - and I think you're recovering well!

Thank you Sarah...it is a daily and sometimes minute by minute struggle. Just pull up your big girl panties and get over it!

Congrats on the 15 pounds lost! That is awesome!

Hopefully you will be able to stay 'mostly' healthy during your business trips and Girl Scout travels. Hope you can keep up with the exercise as well - I know that is always the struggle for me when I'm traveling for work. I have the best intentions and then just get out of the routine!

Keep up your good work!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!