Not So New November Exercise Challenge

Greetings from Morocco!
Halfway through my trip now and having a marvelous time.

View attachment 207655

View attachment 207656

I mentioned in last month's thread that I would like to host December since that's my birthday month. I'm landing on the first early morning so the new thread will probably go up later that day or at the very latest the following day depending on how I'm feeling.

Thank you @Twilight Sparkle for a fun and informative month. I really enjoyed the theme.

The photos are fab! Looks like you're having a great time. Thanks for sharing!!!

We had lots of color changes this past week, and we have a few people who are within just a few minutes of a color change. I expect I'll be working hard to keep up with all of your progress for the next few days!

First up for the color changes is scdak! She is at 25% of her goal and has reached Polynesian Orange! :daisy::daisy:

The Polynesian was the site of an historic break up in the music world. On December 29, 1974 at the Polynesian Resort, John Lennon signed the papers that officially dissolved The Beatles.

"John, Julian, and I (May Pang) left New York the following day to spend Christmas in Florida. On December 29, 1974, the voluminous documents were brought down to John in Florida by one of Apple's lawyers. He finally picked up his pen and, in the unlikely backdrop of the Polynesian Village Hotel at Disney World, ended the greatest rock 'n' roll band in history by simply scrawling John Lennon at the bottom of the page."

— May Pang, Instamatic Karma (St. Martins, 2008)

Update: While I was working on these latest posts, scdak popped in with a new update, so not only did she hit orange but she sped quickly ahead to purple so I'm adding her here, too.

Congrats, galaxygirl76 and scdak! You've reached Animal Kingdom Purple!!!! 50% there! Woohoo!

Animal Kingdom Fun Fact: The Animal Kingdom parking lot is about 100 acres in size. It holds 4500 cars. On opening day in April 1998, the parking lot was closed due to capacity just 20 minutes after opening.

Last edited:
And finally, HappyGrape and I have reached our goals and Magic Kingdom Green!

Magic Kingdom Fun Fact: Main Street USA was based on the town of Marceline, MO, where Walt lived as a child. He lived there from the age of 5 until 9. There is now a museum dedicated to Walt in the town of just over 2,000 people. Here is a nice article from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch:

http://www.stltoday.com/travel/marc...cle_fa7a1628-f9a7-5d2a-8130-ed23b2621ce0.html

I love this quote from the article based on a letter Walt wrote in 1938:

"To tell the truth, more things of importance happened to me in Marceline than have happened since — or are likely to in the future."

5004383ed9c0d.image.jpg

The Walt Disney Museum in Marceline

Just two color changes tonight. The team is pretty close to reaching 90%, though. If everyone records minutes tonight or tomorrow, we just might hit it.

For now, welcome scdak to Epcot Grey! You have been on a roll lately! :stitch::stitch::stitch:

In honor of all the activity you've been posting, scdak, here's a fun Epcot fact for you. If you were to walk all the way around World Showcase (Mexico to Canada), you would have walked 1.25 miles. I don't know if it's all the concrete or just stopping to check everything out, but it sure feels a lot longer than that to me! : )

:yay:2manypets has reached Hollywood Studios Red and is sooooo close to reaching 100%!!!! Congratulations! Keep up the good work.

Because I love roller coasters and want to make sure this tidbit gets acknowledged, let's talk about Rockin' Roller Coaster. The coaster itself was originally built outside. The building was then built around it, making it an indoor coaster. The building's volume exceeds 3.7 million cubic feet. It opened July 29, 1999.

8a55e6::000473.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter