Not So Scary Halloween

Silvarra

Earning My Ears
If you plan to do MNSSHP, don't. Ever. If you feel like you just have to do it, for whatever reason, plan to do 1 thing, and that will be it. Only 4 rides have been altered for the party, and the hour wait isn't worth the change. If you want to meet characters, plan at least 45 min to a hour per character, and don't forget the group of 20 adults, with no kids, that have to have 10 min each per character.
The party is overcrowded. For a "limited ticket" event, the park will be at capacity. Our kids got to do 2 rides, could barely see the parade, either of them, and the shows aren't worth the crowd.
We waited in line 2 hours to see Jack and Sally. When they closed the door for a small "check up on Zero", we should have been the first group to see them. However, a CM had let 2 other groups in through a back door, so they were the first in line.
Overall, the kids had no fun, as the whole party was fighting crowds. It's not worth the $100+ per ticket. Save your money, and your feet.

I'm sorry your family had a bad time :( . But it seems you forced the waiting. Only 4 rides have additional things yes but all the rides are open and usally only have max 15-30 min waits which is great for some. Did you just wander up to the parade right before time ? Did you do any treat trails? 2 hour wait at a character seems like I would rather do something else. If the kids were already in a mood maybe just getting candy would have been better than a line.

They do tend to oversell these event and make sure to call and give feedback nothing will change unless folks do.

If you want to meet characters, plan at least 45 min to a hour per character, and don't forget the group of 20 adults, with no kids, that have to have 10 min each per character.

Whoa whoa wait a minute... the 20 adults without kids paid the same amount you did and have the same right to see the characters as you do. DH and I are leaving tomorrow for a "no kids" 5 day trip (our 3rd). We are going to MNSSHP and while we dont do the characters I will be standing in line for all of the magic shots. Not taking our kids with us doesn't mean we are less entitled to avail ourselves of the benefits of the party!

Stacy

We (four adults) really enjoyed the party early in the season (15 September). We booked FPs pre party and followed a special party Touring Plan. We rode all the rides with overlays (Space three times) plus lots of others, saw some characters, a couple of treat lines, the parade and fireworks. We got a good viewing spot easily. There was a lovely party spirit and we did a lot of ‘people watching’, chatting and complimenting people on their amazing costumes.

We attended Oct 1st party and this was not our experience. It was a sold out night so it was very crowded but we still felt it was a worthwhile experience. Admittedly, we did not care to do any character meet and greets. We rode several rides though- Pirates twice, People mover 3 times, Buzz, Peter Pan, Pooh, and Its a Small World. The rest of the time we devoted to trick or treating, sat down early for the 2nd viewing of the parade in Frontierland (a big tip from me....Frontierland is SO much nicer than Main Street) and had front row seats. Even though we didn't see the Hocus Pocus show or fireworks it was worth it to us.

DH and I had a wonderful time at one of the first parties in August. So much so, I may fly down with DDs next week just to take them to the party. Jack & Sally historically have the longest ... super long ... line. It was your choice to stand there and wait to meet them. Yes there are only a few overlays - and this is clearly advertised as well - so if you were expecting every ride to be different I'm guessing you didn't do too much research.

We're planning on attending 4 parties during our upcoming stay (we bought the unlimited pass because it was cheaper than the 3 tickets we had already bought, and now we can go to a 4th party), and we are two childless adults on a friends trip. We are looking forward to the rides, parade, fireworks, character meets, trick or treating, and the party fun.

The 20 adults with no kids are welcome to want to meet characters. However, they are not welcome to have 10 minutes each person with 1 character. Even the handler was trying to kick them out. The event night was way oversold, and the park was not cleared of people that did not pay for the event. For every 5 people that were there with the band on showing that they paid, there was another 2 people at least that had not. No, they could not do rides or character meets as then they would be caught and thrown out, but they could, and did, clog main street so bad that those that paid could not see the shows.
The kids did somewhat enjoy the trick or treating, and all the candy they got. We did ride Pirates once, and the line wasn't terrible. When we came out though, the line was outside the que area, so we did not do it again. For us, at least, it was not worth the extra $110 per person. Anyone else that wishes to go, just be prepared for stupidly long lines, and that you may not be able to see a single show. Hope you have a magical time.

Not trying to take away enjoyment from people who love the parties, and I am glad I got to see the parade (best I've ever seen) and special fireworks once. But I have to agree with OP for the most part. We got in line to meet Pooh and Friends in their special costumes before the party had officially begun and weren't finished until roughly an hour after it had begun. Our kids went to the Descendants Dance Party, and while it was a good time, it was so packed, there were no tables available for the adults. There's a certain amount of being herded like cattle one has to accept at Disney, but the Trick or Treat lines crossed the line for me (I was pushing the stroller) to the point that it was stressing me out.

None of that is anyone's fault, really, nor am I mad about it after the fact, but in order for a special ticket event to be worth it to me, it just can't be that crowded. It wasn't quite as crowded as during the non-party hours, but the difference wasn't worth $400+ for a family of 4 imo.

Again, I'm not trying to kill anyone's buzz, but everything I read ahead of time was overwhelmingly positive and said it was totally worth it, so I'm just trying to give another perspective to anyone that's on the fence.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts