~ Not Sure About LastMinuteTravel Beware ~

tinkcollector

DIS Veteran
I’m not sure about LastMinuteTravel. I joined the club after reading about them here. They have some really amazing rates, but you know what they say about maybe it’s too good to be true.
My experience with them tonight is I picked a hotel, put in my information short of my credit card when an information box appeared. It said that LastMinuteTravel had sold their allotment of rooms, but they would work with the hotel to try and accommodate my request. They also stated this could take 24 hours, then further down the read it said to call before making other accommodations as this could take up until the check-in date I requested.
At that point I stopped and logged out as I had not entered my credit card information.
Has anyone else had this experience? Has anyone used LastMinuteTravel successfully? To tell you the truth I probably won’t try again. :tink:

You have to pay attention to if a hotel is "available" or "on request". If "on request" they have exceeded their allotment of rooms, but will try and negotiate with the hotel for another room. I've had "on request" bookings come through for me in the past, but rarely. I've used LMT for years as an alternative to Priceline/Hotwire, especially if I want a specific hotel.

I second what the previous poster said. If it says "available", there's not a problem. In fact, I have used them on many occasions and haven't had a problem at all.

I used it for the first time this week...I was impressed with their customer service...I had the same problem and didn't know what to do.i called and they were frank and said they wouldn't try the on request because it rarely comes through and if it does it is last minute. So, I went through again and booked a different hotel that was marked AVaiLaBLE, We got a great rate for the Hard Rock in San Diego (gaslamp district).

As others have said...the "on reserve" rooms are not necessarily going to be available, but he available rooms can be booked right away. I booked FFI through LMT Club a few weeks back and confirmed my info with FFI the next day.

Occasionally that happens with Priceline, and I don't know of anyone who accuses them of being shady about it. Sometimes it's a technical glitch.

I have used them a few times (rooms always available) and never had an issue.

Had great rooms, sames one if I would of booked directly with the hotel.

I completely trust them :thumbsup2

I used them for our last trip without a hitch, have used them for several of our hotels for the coming trip, but I always ring to book. I prefer to speak to someone. :)

Occasionally that happens with Priceline, and I don't know of anyone who accuses them of being shady about it. Sometimes it's a technical glitch.

I'm not accusing anyone of being shady. As they were very upfront about the allotment being sold. I just would not want to be in limbo up until my check-in date. :tink:

I used them for our last trip without a hitch, have used them for several of our hotels for the coming trip, but I always ring to book. I prefer to speak to someone. :)

Maybe this is what I should do. It's great to see that so many have had good expierences with them. I honestly can't remember if the room said available, or on request. Now that I know to look for it I will. Thanks everyone:thumbsup2 I love getting a good deal. :cool1: :tink:

I'm not accusing anyone of being shady. As they were very upfront about the allotment being sold. I just would not want to be in limbo up until my check-in date. :tink:

Again - I've had some glitches with Priceline, including times where it came back with a message that it couldn't tell me if there was a completed reservation, and check back in 15-30 minutes for a status update. In the meanwhile, I wasn't making another reservation just in case they might eventually hook me up. Again - those were technical glitches. I found the issue was that I'd selected my old credit card that had expired but it didn't tell me immediately. After I checked later, I found that it didn't go through and tried again.

I booked with them on the 4th and just called Hilton and got my reservations confirmed. Would definitely use them again! Just make sure you are choosing a room that is available and not one that is on reserve.

Maybe this is what I should do. It's great to see that so many have had good expierences with them. I honestly can't remember if the room said available, or on request. Now that I know to look for it I will. Thanks everyone:thumbsup2 I love getting a good deal. :cool1: :tink:

An easy way for folks to not get their hopes up about an "on request" room is to use the filter on the search results to only show available rooms. That way there's no doubt and you don't have to waste time sifting through unavailable hotels. It was a long time before I noticed that!

FTR, one time my DH booked something on request once - and LMT called the next day to let him know it wasn't available - his payment never went through.

We love LMT. Have used it probably a few dozen times over the last few years. We've done cancellations with no problem, either. I also like that you can still identify the mystery hotels rather easily - photos and Tripadvisor ratings - whereas Hotwire now hides that info until after you book.

Well you sorta implied it with the title of your tread : "~ Not Sure About LastMinuteTravel Beware ~"

Did you try to contact them?

I was scared with what I read. Just wanted to give other Dis’ers a heads up. I did not contact them after I read the screen box. Instead I alerted and questioned other Diser’s. I never implied anything wrong, just that I was scared to proceed. (Maybe hyper – sensitive as my debit card was just stolen.)
The other posters got it, and now I know how to use this site, and thank you all for helping me. Thank you snowy76, with your reply I will try again.

Thank you all. :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter