Not sure if this has been asked before, but..

mikkishelles

"Dress suitably in short skirts and strong boots,
We are going for two weeks next August. My sons will be 17 and 16. Obviously, we purchased adult dining plans for them. Since they are underage, they cannot drink the included alcoholic beverage. Can we order them and my husband I take them? It would be cheaper to pay OOP for their nonalcoholic beverages than the cost of two alcoholic drinks.

We are going for two weeks next August. My sons will be 17 and 16. Obviously, we purchased adult dining plans for them. Since they are underage, they cannot drink the included alcoholic beverage. Can we order them and my husband I take them? It would be cheaper to pay OOP for their nonalcoholic beverages than the cost of two alcoholic drinks.

There are varying reports on this. At QS locations, you may be asked to show ID, but some are saying you can get two alcoholic drinks per ID, so you might be able to. Some are saying they aren't being carded at all, so you would definitely be able to if that happens. At TS places, you can always ask, but I haven't seen any reports where people got more than their one drink at a TS place.

Still, if you are able to do this at every meal, you and DH will be drinking 4 alcoholic drinks each, every day. Not really passing judgment, but whew! That's a lot.

I agree that it will likely be a case by case basis. Ask and see what happens - worst they can say is no! Some CMs may allow it, or not even question it.

4 drinks throughout the course of a day is not a lot at all on vacation. LOL!

Last edited:
OP: Would either of your kids want the non-alcoholic specialty drinks that they could get since they cannot partake in the spirits? I know that my sister would at most drink 1 alcoholic drink a day, maybe, but would enjoy the specialty non-alcoholic drinks as well.

I have not used any of the dining plans as they have not worked out to my advantage, but I have been eyeing a longish weekend where the dining plan might come into play.

Just order all the menus for yourself and your husband, then share the food with your children. There's no limit to the number of credits that one guest can use on the same meal.

There are varying reports on this. At QS locations, you may be asked to show ID, but some are saying you can get two alcoholic drinks per ID, so you might be able to. Some are saying they aren't being carded at all, so you would definitely be able to if that happens. At TS places, you can always ask, but I haven't seen any reports where people got more than their one drink at a TS place.

Still, if you are able to do this at every meal, you and DH will be drinking 4 alcoholic drinks each, every day. Not really passing judgment, but whew! That's a lot.

I hope that I can order my DGD's if she does not want a specialty drink. I can enjoy two glasses of wine, and still be walking at the end of the meal. Any my nieces will be with us as well. Both in their 30's and fully capable of having 2 beers with dinner.

If you have to say you’re not passing judgement, then you’re definitely judging. If 4 drinks a day is “a lot” on vacation than I am proudly admitting I have a problem.

4 drinks a day is more than a lot TO ME...but I have a famously low tolerance for alcohol. And I think alcohol tastes like sock sweat LOL. Other people would be fine with 4.

4 drinks a day is more than a lot TO ME...but I have a famously low tolerance for alcohol. And I think alcohol tastes like sock sweat LOL. Other people would be fine with 4.

Sock Sweat! LOL! My DD would agree My poor DSIL likes a beer and my DD cannot stand the smell of any beer. The poor guy would offer to grill for me and there he would stand, umbrella in had, grilling in the pouring rain!

I seriously doubt it'll fly at a table service restaurant. What's the other person going to drink anyway? Will you ask to pay OOP for a soda?

I seriously doubt it'll fly at a table service restaurant. What's the other person going to drink anyway? Will you ask to pay OOP for a soda?

Lets think this through. My DGD orders her lemonade that is worth $3.50, and I pay $9.00 for my glass of wine or pretty blue special Disney martini. Or....I pay for her lemonade, or for nothing when she opts for water, and I get my special cocktail with the meal. Id Disney is okay with my ordering both of our meals, getting my two glasses of wine with dinner, and paying for her lemonade, why not? If they are not okay with it, I'm okay too. My Kady may see some fancy pants drink she wants and then there is no question, but I know that she normally drinks a light beverage with most meals, and seldom opts for anything more filling than a Shirley Temple.

I'm just saying I think the allowance of this will be few and far between. There isn't room for interpretation on the Disney website (rare indeed) so server's discretion will be the call.

When we were there in June my daughters stepfather asked if we could order soda for me OOP and use my credit to get a 2nd drink for him. The waitress said I could order a drink and give it to him but I had to actually order it. Well I refused because I quit drinking many years ago when the Marines gave me my 1st platoon. He then asked about using this trick with my 17 year old. Before I could say no the waitress did.

I think the expectation is that not every single member of a given party will order alcohol. It may be possible to get around the intent, but...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!