Not thrilled with the transition strip (Pic and poll included)

Do you like this?

• Yes, it is fine.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • No, I would choose something else

Votes: 64 98.5%

• Total voters

DisneyFan32WI

Grumpy Cat
PIC2.jpg Does anyone have ceramic tile in their bathroom? We just upgraded in one of our bathrooms and I don't like the transition strip from the tile to the hallway. The contractor is coming back next week to do the same to our master bathroom, but I told him I wanted something not so brassy/gold. He told me to give him ideas! I have NO ideas because I didn't even know there would be this dumb thing added! Does anyone have any suggestions or experience in this?IMG_4252 (2).jpg

Transition strips come in different shades. You do need one. I'd go to a hardware store and figure out which shade works best for you. You can also get wood ones, but that probably isn't right either for your situation. I loathe brass myself.

ETA: I stand corrected. My bedroom goes to tile and there is NO transition strip. The carpet appears to be "tucked under" the tile. I'm sure that's not technically correct, but no transition strip.

We have the exact same from our living room to hall that is tile. I didn't like and asked for something different but they said that is the only one the floor people use. Now I didn't even notice it and no one even commented on it when it was first done either.

We have a marble one to match our shower. It makes a lip to step over though if that is a concern. But you can probably get one made from the same tile as your flooring or shower.

I'm guessing that is why they did it this way , no lip to stub your toe on...lol Or adjust the door.

Stop by Home Depot, Lowes or any flooring store to see what options you have. They are almost unlimited. I would also check and if the the maker of your flooring has a recommendation and if your choice has an impact on the warranty. My contractor prefers metal transitions, the maker of my flooring prefers wood.

We don't have transition strips in any areas that go from carpet to tile (total of 4 areas). Those things are a relic of the past, I thought.

I agree with you that is awful looking.

Ours are wood because when we added the tile, it raised the floor height so we needed to add one to level out the difference.

A minimal transition like this schluter is nice and clean looking but bear in mind a tack-strip to secure the carpet can't be placed in a traffic path. The carpet will basically just be "sitting" there against the schluter.
SCHIENE_JOLLY_Floor.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!