Not thrilled with the transition strip (Pic and poll included)

Do you like this?

• Yes, it is fine.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • No, I would choose something else

Votes: 64 98.5%

• Total voters
We have the marble ones between carpet and tile in a couple of bathrooms. This remodel was done about 8 years ago And replaced the gold transition strips from the 1990’s!!

With our recent remodel, there are no transition strips between our tile and hardwoods. I thought they had just forgotten to install them, but I love the simple, clean lines without the transition strip.

I don't care for the transition strip look and fortunately don't have any in my house. I have wood, tile and carpet on my floors
So what do you have where differing flooring comes together?

If there is anything there, it's done underneath. It goes directly from 1 flooring type to another, but unfortunately I don't know what technique was used. The house was built 20 years ago, has a concrete slab foundation and was done this way originally by the builder and continued when we remodeled. Don't know if any of that helps, I apologize for not having a better answer.

curious can some one post a pic of a transition with no slip or a marble slip.... we are re-doing stuff too

ETA: I stand corrected. My bedroom goes to tile and there is NO transition strip. The carpet appears to be "tucked under" the tile. I'm sure that's not technically correct, but no transition strip.

it's not incorrect, it is a kind of 'tucking'-it's the preferred method for many custom jobs. you just need to have fairly equivalent height between the types of flooring AND an installer that knows how to do it so it looks seamless.

we have tile in the bathrooms, laundry room, kitchen and entry, carpet elsewhere. when we wanted to upgrade and replace the carpet he did it all without visible transition strips and it looks great. if the time comes that we opt to change the tile out for different flooring he can lift the edges of the carpet from the strips underneath to transition to the new. I honestly can't think of a new custom built home or renovation I've seen in recent years with visible transition strips.

I opened this thread just to see what a transition strip is and what it looks like.:) I then checked out my house to see if we had any. We don't.

Most of our house has tile flooring. There is carpeting in all the bedrooms and hallways. Where the carpeting and tile floor meet there are no strips. There are no gaps or seams and everything is very clean and neat looking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter