Not Welcome

All that said, we still never have any issues with Ride Shares dropping us off. We went up to BWI twice last week, no ADR, no resort stay. Just being dropped off by Ride Share. No questions by the guards

I took an uber once to BWI and the guard gave us a hard time. I was actually cutting through BWI to get to my reservation at Chef's de France from the back entrance, not that I told her that. I said I was there to just stroll the boardwalk and shop. She didn't want to let me in! Literally, my uber could've dropped me off at the sidewalk and she would't have said a word if I had strolled in but but because I was in a car, I needed a reservation??? It was ridiculous. I mean, of course she let me in. If you're not, then you better be asking people getting off the boat in the back if they have reservations, too. lol

I took an uber once to BWI and the guard gave us a hard time. I was actually cutting through BWI to get to my reservation at Chef's de France from the back entrance, not that I told her that. I said I was there to just stroll the boardwalk and shop. She didn't want to let me in! Literally, my uber could've dropped me off at the sidewalk and she would't have said a word if I had strolled in but but because I was in a car, I needed a reservation??? It was ridiculous. I mean, of course she let me in. If you're not, then you better be asking people getting off the boat in the back if they have reservations, too. lol
You can thank the people who have abused the parking previously by claiming they are eating there (or maybe really eating there) then heading to the parks for the day.

You can thank the people who have abused the parking previously by claiming they are eating there (or maybe really eating there) then heading to the parks for the day.
Ya but an Uber doesn't park so it wouldn't really make sense to be given a hard time when you're not using the parking lot.

I am happy that parking is getting more strictly enforced, I've stayed at the Boardwalk and had to drive around a while to find a spot.

Ya but an Uber doesn't park so it wouldn't really make sense to be given a hard time when you're not using the parking lot.

I am happy that parking is getting more strictly enforced, I've stayed at the Boardwalk and had to drive around a while to find a spot.
I'm just saying the Uber arrivals probably got caught up in the fray. Or maybe they had people saying they were there for a drop off but were parking for the day. Maybe Disney doesn't want their guards slowed down with investigating the purpose for each drop off without an ADR. None of it would be an issue or a problem if too many people hadn't been abusing the parking.

I'm just saying the Uber arrivals probably got caught up in the fray. Or maybe they had people saying they were there for a drop off but were parking for the day. Maybe Disney doesn't want their guards slowed down with investigating the purpose for each drop off without an ADR. None of it would be an issue or a problem if too many people hadn't been abusing the parking.
I think this was more an exception than norm. We've taken Ubers all over Disney and not once have they ever given us a hard time at the gate. It's usually pretty obvious to spot an Uber since the driver is up front and everyone else is in the back like a taxi.

Just to clear up your confusion, since you mention being an AP holder, that doesn't give you any rights to park at a resort. Being a paid guest of the resort does, by paying for a room or booking a dining reservation. Unfortunately, that's the only way you get in to park at a resort. Your 2nd best method would be to Ride Share.
I understand i have no rights to park at a resort as an AP. However Disney encourages people to visit and enjoy the resorts entertainment and food but want you to use their transportation system. This can add hours to your time spent at Disney World riding buses and ferries and monorails.
I mentioned being an AP holder to squash anyone who was thinking I was trying to avoid paying for parking at the parks. I also have been asked and granted entry after showing my AP. I'd rather not spend money on a ride share when I have a perfectly functioning car which I have paid for and filled with gas to use.
I will most likely be spending my money off site more.

Eh, overzealous guards who try to run their own little fifedoms. Thankfully, they are very few and far between. We Ride Share to resorts a lot, seeing how you can't use Disney transportation to get there and all that. It's extremely rare to have one give us a hard time. I haven't ever been refused. The car is not parking/staying, there is no reason whatsoever for it to not be allowed in. I mean, Ride Share can get in to pick up Resort guests, so of course they can get in to drop off too. I have no problem asking a guard to explain to me why we can't get in using just this exact reason. Heck, last time I was being dropped off our driver was picking up someone too.

Curious too, how long ago was this? It was something that was questioned more than it is now. We've been using Ride Share for a couple of years now. At first, it was a bit trickier. The last 6 months or so, there's been no questions at all, even on extreme high crowd days like NYE. Ride Shares are just so common and most are marked too

That has no bearing at all on using Ride Share and their having difficulties to get in to drop off a guest.

Another advantage of Uber.
When we stayed at WL in November and used Lyft quite a few times. About half the time, I still had to scan my band from the back seat to prove we were staying there before the guard would let the Lyft driver through with us.

When we stayed at WL in November and used Lyft quite a few times. About half the time, I still had to scan my band from the back seat to prove we were staying there before the guard would let the Lyft driver through with us.

Same thing happened on my February 2018 trip. I had to prove I was staying at POFQ in order for them to let my Uber in to drop me off. But other times I had no problems getting picked up or dropped off. ‍♀️

It does occur to me there could be another issue going on at the Epcot resorts. The International Gateway is not a big park entrance, and it has a pretty low capacity. They may have been seeing an uptick in numbers of people who drop off at BC or BWI to get to go in the "faster" way to Epcot, which would defeat the purpose by slowing it down and making it harder for Epcot-area resort guests to get in. Of course, that would all be moot once the gondolas open since then the gateway will be as big or bigger than the future world entrance.

I was heavily interrogated when I drove the the GF to park for my recent ADRs. It seemed like overkill. But, I did have and ADR on the 2 separate occasions so they let me in to park.

I was heavily interrogated when I drove the the GF to park for my recent ADRs. It seemed like overkill. But, I did have and ADR on the 2 separate occasions so they let me in to park.

Im 100% okay with this at the monorail resorts. But usually a quick scan of your MB and they validate your ADR and you're in. If you don't mind me asking what was the heavy interrogation part?

I understand i have no rights to park at a resort as an AP. However Disney encourages people to visit and enjoy the resorts entertainment and food but want you to use their transportation system. This can add hours to your time spent at Disney World riding buses and ferries and monorails.
I mentioned being an AP holder to squash anyone who was thinking I was trying to avoid paying for parking at the parks. I also have been asked and granted entry after showing my AP. I'd rather not spend money on a ride share when I have a perfectly functioning car which I have paid for and filled with gas to use.
I will most likely be spending my money off site more.

We are AP as well and have yet to be turned away from a resort when just parking. We even told a gate guard at CR we just wanted to walk around(this was a "quieter" September day though). They did scan our MB and in we went. My guess is you either had an overzealous guard(new or recently yelled at) or it was a very busy time.

Maybe that's their way of "encouraging" people to use Minnie Vans. If you think you'll get a hard time with Uber, then maybe you'll switch to in house transportation.

We Uber a lot at WDW, especially to and from The Beach Club, and we have never had any issue. If we say we are just being dropped off/visiting they usually just check the driver's DL and let us in, if we say we are checking in, or returning guests then they scan our MB, so I wonder if that is just SOP for guests when they are staying at the resort that the ride share is dropping them off.

The problem with pointing at vacant spots mid-day is you're assuming that they don't relate to guest turnover.

Guest checks out.

New guests come in.

The new guest may want to park.

Or another guest drove to AK and will be coming back to swim.

An empty resort parking spot is not necessarily something Disney has an urge to fill, simply because there are times with turnover.

I have had my band scanned at YC for an ADR at Yatchmans traveling in a Mears taxi :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter