Not Your Typical Monday (at least not mine)

PigletsPal2

Queen of the Realm
Well, in spite of feeling like I've been run over by a truck (physical therapy, and it was only an evaluation!), it has been a very good day. My typically lyin' cheatin' theivin' bathroom scale finally told the truth and admitted that I lost two pounds this past week (always weigh yourself before you get in the shower; wet hair weighs more than dry hair). Then as I was waiting for my torturer at the rehab center, I heard two ladies behind me discussing the recently published book of one of them. Being the shy flower that I am, I dug in my purse for one of my business cards and presented myself to the author. "Excuse me, I couldn't help overhearing your conversation and learning that you write books." "That's right, I write Christian fiction."
"Well, I happen to be a book editor, and I'd be happy to possibly work with you." (Modestly presents card)
"Oh, that's great, I could use an editor! And I have a lot of friends who are writers, too. I'll pass your contact information on to them as well!"
"Thank you so much, I really appreciate it."
"I'm happy to do it."
Off I went to be beaten by my torturer...ah, therapist.
Nothing in my business email yet, but I'll keep checking!
How was your Monday?

Queen Colleen

The gift that I ordered for my husband exactly a month ago, and that needed to be shipped freight at an exorbitant price, finally arrived this afternoon. I count it as a good day since I can finally stop worrying that it will be delivered while I am out of town, and I was able to delete the crazy number of emails that I had cluttering up my inbox dealing with logistics, win win!

Had a big fight with a good friend last night and lost a lot of sleep over it. I tried mending things today but, knowing how he is, don’t expect to hear from him again.

I’m glad you had a good day though :)

Had a big fight with a good friend last night and lost a lot of sleep over it. I tried mending things today but, knowing how he is, don’t expect to hear from him again.

I'm so sorry about the fight with your friend; that would cause me to lose sleep as well. I do hope he comes around.

Queen Colleen

The gift that I ordered for my husband exactly a month ago, and that needed to be shipped freight at an exorbitant price, finally arrived this afternoon. I count it as a good day since I can finally stop worrying that it will be delivered while I am out of town, and I was able to delete the crazy number of emails that I had cluttering up my inbox dealing with logistics, win win!

Did you open the package to make sure it arrived in one piece (or however many pieces there were supposed to be)?

Queen Colleen

Monday was my first day back at work after an 11 day spring break. I’m a teacher. It went pretty well. The best thing that happened today is that I booked a farmhouse for my DS’s 2019 university graduation. Hotel reservations open up in about 38 days, but many parents on the university parents’ Facebook page said VRBO houses were less expensive for family groups and were already filling up. So I investigated, checked with all the grandparents, looked at google maps and picked out a cute farmhouse. I reserved it today. Low and behold, the owner confirms but says they usually charge a higher rate and have a 3 day minimum stay for graduation weekend but will honor my rate because they hadn’t updated their VRBO listing yet. She also asked me to stay 3 days but will honor the 2 day minimum because that’s what the listing said. I don’t need the house for 3 days, so I’m sticking with 2 days. I feel a little bad but not too bad because the university posted the 2019 graduation weekend dates last year! Heck, even the 2020 dates are on the school website now! Am I doing the right thing?

Did you open the package to make sure it arrived in one piece (or however many pieces there were supposed to be)?

Queen Colleen

Yes, thankfully it was quite easy, it was just shrink wrapped with lots of foam around the outside. I was worried that it was going to be a giant crate on a pallet that I would need to break down and dispose of, so this was good news. The piece looks great, he will really like it!

:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter