Nov. 24 2017 7-Night Bahama Cruise out of Galveston on Wonder

I know DCL takes debit cards, credit cards, gift cards and cash when settling your bill at the end of your cruise. Does anyone know if they take personal checks?

I know DCL takes debit cards, credit cards, gift cards and cash when settling your bill at the end of your cruise. Does anyone know if they take personal checks?

It looks like as far as checks go they only take travelers checks. I copied this from the DCL website's help center faq page.

"Onboard the Ship

All shipboard transactions are handled in a convenient, cash-free way in U.S. dollars. Purchases and services, including beverages, merchandise, photography, gratuities, and spa, salon, medical and laundry services, will be charged to your stateroom folio.

When you arrive at the Disney Cruise Line terminal for check-in, you may present any of these credit cards to use for charging incidentals:

Visa
MasterCard
Disney Visa Credit Card
American Express
Discover Credit Card
Diners Club International
Japanese Credit Bureau

All charges must be settled before you leave the ship. You may use the credit card on file or pay with cash, traveler’s checks or Disney Dollars."

To find this go to DCL's web page click on Help, then Frequently Asked Questions, then Planning Topics, then Preparing For Your Cruise, then click on the question "Will I need to bring cash, credit cards or foreign currency with me on my cruise?" Or you could always call DCL and ask. Hope this helps and that it wasn't to confusing. :)

:fish::fish::fish::fish:
Only 33 days left to sign up to one of our Fish Extender groups. If you would like to join Personal Message (PM) me with your room #, who is in the room, ages of any kids and an email address so I can send you an email with everyones room numbers and info once your group closes. If you are new to the DISboards you need 10 posts to PM. Once you have reached 10 posts PM me with your info as we are keeping most of it private. To PM me all you have to do is click on my avitar or screen name and then click on start a conversation. Feel free to post here or http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/ to get your post count up.

We are so excited and thankful to have found this thread. This is our first Disney cruise, and my husband and daughter's first cruise ever. The input has been fabulous. I will be making my ten post so that I can join a fish extender group. Do you think a 3rd group will form and fill up in time?

We are so excited and thankful to have found this thread. This is our first Disney cruise, and my husband and daughter's first cruise ever. The input has been fabulous. I will be making my ten post so that I can join a fish extender group. Do you think a 3rd group will form and fill up in time?

:welcome:I have added your room to Fish Extender Group #3. I hope it fills up. Three other people have posted that they want to join. I'm just waiting for them to PM me their information so I can add them. I took this same cruise last year and we had people wanting to join the fish extender groups up until the last week before the cruise.:)

Fish Extender Group #1 and Group #2 are now closed and group #3 is open and has 9 spots left.

Group #1 Closed:
Stefileslie85 - DW, DH, DD4, DD2
ptcruisers - 2 Adults (female)
Chris Boudreaux - DH, DW, DD16, DD13
emsandows - DH, DW, DD9, DS8
labela - DW, DH, DD12
Cassi Cox - DH, DW, DS7, DS4
Bea Tapia - DW, DH, Mom, DS9
Schnec10 - 2 Adults(m&f), Child(m)5, Child(m)3
Tammy hardcastle - Grandma, DH, DW, DS4
Luann Crownover - Grandma, Mom, DD21, DD16

Group #2 Closed:
Kat1213 - DW, DH, DS5, DS2
BeaMarie - Adult(m), Adult(f), Child(f) 6
Kim Ray - Grandma, Mom, DS5
Mystery Inc - Mom, Dad, DD7, DS4
HunkyDory - DW, DH, DD6
StefaniaLOL - Mom, DD12, DD4
Amanda Lynch - DH, DW, DD3
Aimee LeGrand - DW, DH, DD6, DS5, DS5
Casey Lambert - DW, DH, DD5, DD3
Amanda Langston - 2 Adults (female), DD4

Group #3 Open:
Adrianne Goodson - DW, DH, DD4

Hello Group #1 sailing buddies! We are now in a different room, thanks to a good deal we couldn't pass up. Hope this doesn't confuse everyone! Our new Stateroom number is 7600. We are sure getting close....we can't wait!

Hello Group #1 sailing buddies! We are now in a different room, thanks to a good deal we couldn't pass up. Hope this doesn't confuse everyone! Our new Stateroom number is 7600. We are sure getting close....we can't wait!
Awesome! Thanks for letting us know I will update your cabin on the group #1 info sheet. :)

I'm hearing they don't have the big soft pretzels on deck 9 at the pizza place anymore. My kids will be a little bummed but hopefully you can still order them somewhere. 49 days!!!

I'm hearing they don't have the big soft pretzels on deck 9 at the pizza place anymore. My kids will be a little bummed but hopefully you can still order them somewhere. 49 days!!!

I hope it's not true or as you said maybe they have them somewhere else. We really loved getting both the regular and cinnamon cream cheese soft pretzles from Pinocchio’s Pizzeria.:worried: Thanks for the info.:)

Only more 6 weekends left till the cruise and only a little more than 2 weeks left to sign up to one of our Fish Extender groups. If you would like to join Personal Message (PM) me with your room #, who is in the room, ages of any kids and an email address so I can send you an email with everyones room numbers and info once your group closes. If you are new to the DISboards you need 10 posts to PM. Once you have reached 10 posts PM me with your info as we are keeping most of it private. To PM me all you have to do is click on my avitar or screen name and then click on start a conversation. Feel free to post here or http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/ to get your post count up.

After our fe groups close you will only be able to sign up for our pixie dust group. Here's what our fish extender groups look like so far.

Group #1 Closed:
Stefileslie85 - DW, DH, DD4, DD2
ptcruisers - 2 Adults (female)
Chris Boudreaux - DH, DW, DD16, DD13
emsandows - DH, DW, DD9, DS8
labela - DW, DH, DD12
Cassi Cox - DH, DW, DS7, DS4
Bea Tapia - DW, DH, Mom, DS9
Schnec10 - 2 Adults(m&f), Child(m)5, Child(m)3
Tammy hardcastle - Grandma, DH, DW, DS4
Luann Crownover - Grandma, Mom, DD21, DD16

Group #2 Closed:
Kat1213 - DW, DH, DS5, DS2
BeaMarie - Adult(m), Adult(f), Child(f) 6
Kim Ray - Grandma, Mom, DS5
Mystery Inc - Mom, Dad, DD7, DS4
HunkyDory - DW, DH, DD6
StefaniaLOL - Mom, DD12, DD4
Amanda Lynch - DH, DW, DD3
Aimee LeGrand - DW, DH, DD6, DS5, DS5
Casey Lambert - DW, DH, DD5, DD3
Amanda Langston - 2 Adults (female), DD4

Group #3 Open:
Adrianne Goodson - DW, DH, DD4

FYI, the pixie dust group is similar to the FE in that it is organized but it is not a gift exchange. This is a list for anyone who would not mind a surprise gift. You are NOT required to deliver gifts to those on the list if you sign up. Some of us have extra FE gifts that we like to give out and this list is a convenient way to have all rooms together that don’t mind getting pixie dusted. There is no guarantee you will receive anything but that adds to the fun as it is a surprise if you do get a gift. We will open the Pixie Dust group on 10/25/2017.
:tinker:pixiedust:

Last edited:
We are wondering if anyone knows of some decent places to eat in Galveston that will be open for Thanksgiving? I know last year some of our fellow cruisers had dinner at the hotel Galvez and at Landry's Seafood. I also read that the Treamont Cafe was open as well. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter