Nov 3-4 and BlizzCon

KenyaSierra

Mouseketeer
I was contemplating a last minute overnight trip to DLR Nov 3-4. Crowd predictors look good and it's between seasons so thought it would be a good time to go. But when I looked at hotels I was shocked at prices and how many are sold out. Looks like there is a big gamer conference- BlizzCon. Anyone have any clue if the 27,000 people attending plan to go to the parks at all?! TIA

I personally think that Dapper Days is going to have a bigger impact on the parks than BlizzCon. BlizzCon will impact hotel/motel prices and availability. However, while some of the attendees of the convention will go to the parks, Dapper Days is an event at the resort (there is an expo at the hotels too). So, as the PP said, I would go expecting pretty good sized crowds.

I went that weekend in 2016. I honestly didn't find the crowds to be that bad. We did book our hotel wayyy in advance because we knew BlizzCon would make it busy, hotel wise.

I spent 2 and a half days in the parks and got to do everything I wanted. Got there an hour before opening and utilized magic morning.

ETA: Look for dapper day group rates at Disney hotels. Kicking myself for not doing that when I went. Could have gotten GCH for less than $300 a night.

We usually stay at the RI - convention center and our plans center around a course my husband takes, so we always end up being there around Halloween. We've been there for the first day of BlizzCon, but not through the whole time. Definitely impacts convention center hotel rates, and the RI (which is awesome, by the way) was noticeably more crowded day 1. Parks weren't a big deal though. We haven't been in parks on Dapper Day, but have been in DTD on Dapper day and the security lines were pretty bad both times. So, IMO, thurs/fri should be ok, but sat/sun will be pretty busy.

BlizzCon itself is an all-day event, so you shouldn't see an impact on Fri & Sat. That Sunday afterward is when you'll see people go to the park. Not all 27,000, of course, but a lot of people will go for at least one day since they are in the area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!