Nov17: Shhh…Don’t Tell the Kids , Husband or Podiatrist

Cantina Laredo...are you flying SW out of Love on Friday night?

Actually I am looking at February...LOL...I really need to get a cruise in before my 3 clients in March!
I will check that out, I love me a good margarita. Yes we fly SW out of Love at 8-ish and arrive a little after 11 at MCO. I hope you get that cruise in before then.

I will check that out, I love me a good margarita. Yes we fly SW out of Love at 8-ish and arrive a little after 11 at MCO. I hope you get that cruise in before then.

I think we are on the same SW flight! LOL

I usually don't order top shelf, but the top shelf there is amazing (and strong).

It is great to hear that you are seeing progress with your ankle strength. The Disney magic is a great motivator!

Just when I find that my ankle is improving...the darn shins are flaring like there is no tomorrow. SIGH...I just cant win. I really thought last night about just forgetting this whole half in November and hang up the runDisney shoes but I just have to keep reminding myself it is about finishing this and having the motivation to get out there again!

Booking FastPasses on Monday

Fast Passes booking is coming up on Monday (which I am totally not sure how I am going to do this considering we are headed to our cabin in New Mexico for a long holiday weekend and of course I refuse to put internet into the cabin because we need some time without technology…hoping my LTE will be working that EARLY morning).

Being solo and really wanting to push myself to try new things I am not feeling a huge push to get FP+. I know that sounds crazy but I really just want to go with mood as much as possible. I can’t believe how freeing from my former COMMANDO park ways this feels. Each trip I find myself moving more towards letting the magic happen instead of running from point A to point B and missing the details.

Here is where I am thinking I will be each day and what FP+ I am probably going to book (if available)…

Saturday-Animal Kingdom

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

I am on making a FP for which ever Avatar attraction is available…Navi River Journey or Flight of Passage. I am really leaning towards trying to Rope Drop Flight of Passage so I can go through the line to see the theming. Of course I will need to do a Safari FP, but I don’t need to book a FP for Expedition Everest since I am solo and can take advantage of the single rider line as many times as I want. I really want to try Kali River Rapids, since in all my trips I have never take a ride. I know, totally shocking but I really hate being wet after a ride. So I might throw in a dollar store throw away poncho and try it out.

Sunday-Epcot

mission.jpg living-with-the-land-8342.JPG soarin.jpg
I really won’t need any FP for Epcot, as much of my focus will be on Food & Wine and last year during the party we rode Soarin back to back lots without any wait! But I do want to try the new mission space (of course BEFORE I drink or eat anything). And I love Living with the Land...while I am there why not a FP for Soarin in the afternoon too!

Monday-
4 Park Adventure

seven-dwarfs-mine-train-12398.jpg

I am going to attempt to do a 4 park day…my rule with 4 parks is I have to ride 1 ride in each park. Thankfully I will not have to worry about FP in AK, DHS and Epcot as 3 of my favorites also have single rider lines to take advantage of! I am having dinner with Gretchen & Jan that evening at BOG and need to schedule a 7DMT between dinner and Happily Ever After.

Tuesday-Conference/Epcot

Still waiting on my conference schedule for the day, but I am pretty certain I will be at Epcot that evening so I may or may not schedule anything…I think my focus will be more on eating than riding.

Wednesday-Conference

Nothing scheduled as we have a full day of conference happening, plus an evening event!

Thursday-4 Park Adventure

I have something planned special this morning and then afterwards I am not sure what I am going to do...but that night I have the Christmas Party. Going to go with the mood that day.

Finally sitting down and thinking about all of this makes me feel a lot better about the internet thing on Monday morning! Solo certainly has it’s advantages!

Last edited:

Being solo and really wanting to push myself to try new things I am not feeling a huge push to get FP+. I know that sounds crazy but I really just want to go with mood as much as possible. I can’t believe how freeing from my former COMMANDO park ways this feels.

What????? ;)

I really want to try Kali River Rapids, since in all my trips I have never take a ride. I know, totally shocking but I really hate being wet after a ride. So I might throw in a dollar store throw away poncho and try it out.

I've never ridden this either. It's been closed and I really don't care for water things and being soaked all day. Yep, I'm a baby when it comes to water rides! LOL!

I think we are on the same SW flight! LOL
That's too funny, I'll keep an eye out for you

I usually don't order top shelf, but the top shelf there is amazing (and strong).
Good to know.

Being solo and really wanting to push myself to try new things I am not feeling a huge push to get FP+. I know that sounds crazy but I really just want to go with mood as much as possible. I can’t believe how freeing from my former COMMANDO park ways this feels. Each trip I find myself moving more towards letting the magic happen instead of running from point A to point B and missing the details.
That's sounds so nice. I am hoping I can reach the point of not going commando, I'm not there quite yet.

Tuesday-Conference/Epcot

Still waiting on my conference schedule for the day, but I am pretty certain I will be at Epcot that evening so I may or may not schedule anything…I think my focus will be more on eating than riding.

Wednesday-Conference

Nothing scheduled as we have a full day of conference happening, plus an evening event
Curious why you think Epcot that night? The most recent FAQ email I thought said no need for park tickets on conference days, either way I hope you are right. To be at Disney and not go into the parks for two days makes me sad. Have you been to the conference before? This is my first time, so curious for any insight.

I have something planned special this morning and then afterwards I am not sure what I am going to do...but that night I have the Christmas Party. Going to go with the mood that day.
Interesting, can't wait to hear about your special morning. I'll be at the party that night too.

Sounds like a solid FP plan.

What????? ;)

I've never ridden this either. It's been closed and I really don't care for water things and being soaked all day. Yep, I'm a baby when it comes to water rides! LOL!

LOL...I am buying a dollar store poncho and I don't care what I look like. Time to finally ride this one...I am such a bad mom but when we went to WDW at Christmas a few years ago IT WAS FROZEN 5K like and DS#1 wanted to ride Kali so bad...so we let him...BY HIMSELF. They must have had the water turned down because he was pretty dry.

I know it is crazy how I USED to plan down to the minute on my trips, but this trip I am going to force myself not too...LET'S SEE HOW THAT WORKS FOR ME!

That's too funny, I'll keep an eye out for you

Good to know.

That's sounds so nice. I am hoping I can reach the point of not going commando, I'm not there quite yet.

Curious why you think Epcot that night? The most recent FAQ email I thought said no need for park tickets on conference days, either way I hope you are right. To be at Disney and not go into the parks for two days makes me sad. Have you been to the conference before? This is my first time, so curious for any insight.

Interesting, can't wait to hear about your special morning. I'll be at the party that night too.

Sounds like a solid FP plan.

Can I ask where you are from...I am assuming somewhere Texas or OK....

I think going solo helps the commando ways...again we will see how this works for me. I even dropped a couple of ADRs just so I did not have to rush around with a time in mind!

I figure that the conference will be over Tuesday night around 5ish...Epcot is open till 11 pm. So that makes the best choice. I really wish they would give us a schedule...I purchased 5 day tickets.

FastPasses Made!

Fastpass-Logo-web.jpg

FastPass selections were yesterday and judging by how much I slept Sunday night and what time I actually made my FP selections Monday morning you can tell that I have had a total mind set change since my first trip. Oh the horror of NOT laying awake in fear of messing up or my tickets not being linked (although I did have a slight worry about that)...and guess what I made them at 7:06 am and not 7 am!

hqdefault.jpg

Gone are the countless hours of trying to figure out how to do it all in a few short days. It was considerably hard for me to pick out FP for this trip because I so want to learn to go with the flow and being solo there is something freeing to not having to race from place to place making sure that everyone is happy all the time. In other words,

download (1).jpg

So what FP did I actually make?

I was not able to get Flight of Passage, but then again I was not expecting to and I had a back up plan in place, plus I understand I need to see the line theming. So I ended up with...

river.jpg

just to save time and not stand in line for it that morning. Honestly, this ride is doing nothing for me but I owe it to the mission/purpose of this trip to understand how Pandora works. Another boat journey just sounds so blah...

I also added 4 more attractions (2 on Monday and 2 on Thursday)...

other.jpg

All personal favorites of mine to pass the time for when I am not just enjoying the atmosphere and enjoying life inside the Disney bubble.

Can I ask where you are from...I am assuming somewhere Texas or OK....
We just moved to the DFW area from the midwest in June.

I think going solo helps the commando ways...again we will see how this works for me. I even dropped a couple of ADRs just so I did not have to rush around with a time in mind!
See I think going solo is unleashing my crazy commando, no kids to hold me back lol.

I figure that the conference will be over Tuesday night around 5ish...Epcot is open till 11 pm. So that makes the best choice. I really wish they would give us a schedule...I purchased 5 day tickets.
Okay I misunderstood, I thought you were thinking we would be doing something with the AEP in Epcot Tuesday night. I am on the same page as you though, AEP stuff done around 5, crossing my fingers, so I can go to the park after. I ended up with ten days tickets, because I am upgrading to an AP. It's getting so close, I am excited.

All personal favorites of mine to pass the time for when I am not just enjoying the atmosphere and enjoying life inside the Disney bubble.
Yay, sounds like you stayed true to a relaxing trip with few FPs, will you be writing a TR? I can't wait to see how it all works out for you.

Reforming my Bah Humbug Ways
It’s official, I bought my ticket today!

christmas-600x324.png

I have 1 rule when it comes to holidays…NO CHRISTMAS ANYTHING UNTIL AFTER THANKSGIVING! However, since Walt Disney World is the most magical place on earth I will make an exception to that rule because this girl is returning to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party again this year.

IMG_4126.JPG IMG_1528.JPG IMG_2183.JPG WFS496684.jpg

I can’t wait to stand in the middle of Main Street and watch it snow…I think I did that most of the party last year. I will also lay claim to my spot on Main Street for both the MVMCP Parade and viewing location for Holiday Wishes. You can beat that I will eat my share of Christmas cookies, too! But you will not find me standing in CRAZY long lines for characters…I don’t care how rare they are and please don’t even start me on my feelings about The Nightmare Before Christmas…so not a fan!

Seriously though, I can’t wait to spend my last night of these solo trip that needs to happen so I quite tinkering with my plans at the party!

Last edited:
We just moved to the DFW area from the midwest in June.

See I think going solo is unleashing my crazy commando, no kids to hold me back lol.

Okay I misunderstood, I thought you were thinking we would be doing something with the AEP in Epcot Tuesday night. I am on the same page as you though, AEP stuff done around 5, crossing my fingers, so I can go to the park after. I ended up with ten days tickets, because I am upgrading to an AP. It's getting so close, I am excited.

Yay, sounds like you stayed true to a relaxing trip with few FPs, will you be writing a TR? I can't wait to see how it all works out for you.

I am beginning to think that my commando is making a resurgance! I am now down to only 2 ADRs (from 6) and a bunch of my FP from yesterday were either changed or deleted as my list for other things that I want to do is growing. So much to do when you do not have a DH, kids or girlfriends to worry about! Don't worry we are still going to Bon Voyage!

I am sure I will write a TR after this, I have done it for all my trips except my DL that I just can't seem to write because DL really left a bad taste in my mouth! I am also going to post on my blog and FB pages updates, some in real time.

I love the Christmas party! And I always do some character M&G's, but Jan and I love meeting characters! I'm actually going to get in line for Jack & Sally while I wait for her to arrive in Orlando! She'll meet me in line! :)

I love the Christmas party! And I always do some character M&G's, but Jan and I love meeting characters! I'm actually going to get in line for Jack & Sally while I wait for her to arrive in Orlando! She'll meet me in line! :)

You are a much better friend than I am!

LOL...I sent Buffy and Debra off last year to stand in line for Jack. I think they were gone like 90 minutes...the entire time I soaked up main street! It was so amazing.

I will stand in line for the Beast Monday night...LOL!

Congrats on all of your FP! I did a solo trip once and I felt the same way…no need to rush around like a crazy person. I also think the more we go and the more trips I plan, the less I feel the need to do EVERY major thing EVERY time. If I don't see it this time, I'll see it next time :-)…(except for FOP, which I'm still bitter about NOT getting my fastpass for! :rotfl2:)

I am sure I will write a TR after this, I have done it for all my trips except my DL that I just can't seem to write because DL really left a bad taste in my mouth!

I'm almost afraid to ask because Disneyland is such a DREAM of mine. I'm such a super geek about it and read about the history of building it, listen to podcasts about it, etc. What happened that it left a really bad taste in your mouth?

You are a much better friend than I am!

LOL...I sent Buffy and Debra off last year to stand in line for Jack. I think they were gone like 90 minutes...the entire time I soaked up main street! It was so amazing.

I will stand in line for the Beast Monday night...LOL!

Well, I would have stood in the line one way or another. Stupid Southwest changing her flight time meant we would have a super long line or not meet J&S and that wouldn't do! ;)

Fortunately the Beast doesn't normally have an hours long line! :rotfl2:

I'm almost afraid to ask because Disneyland is such a DREAM of mine. I'm such a super geek about it and read about the history of building it, listen to podcasts about it, etc. What happened that it left a really bad taste in your mouth?

I'm kind of curious too. I grew up going to Disneyland. It really is like going home for me. I was so excited to take my kiddos there when we went in January.

I can’t wait to stand in the middle of Main Street and watch it snow…I think I did that most of the party last year. I will also lay claim to my spot on Main Street for both the MVMCP Parade and viewing location for Holiday Wishes. You can beat that I will eat my share of Christmas cookies, too! But you will not find me standing in CRAZY long lines for characters…I don’t care how rare they are and please don’t even start me on my feelings about The Nightmare Before Christmas…so not a fan!
I literally cannot wait for that either. The only things I care about are the parade, Main Street, and fireworks, so I am right there with you, although I am a Nightmare before Christmas fan, I just can't imagine waiting hours to meet any characters.

I am beginning to think that my commando is making a resurgance! I am now down to only 2 ADRs (from 6) and a bunch of my FP from yesterday were either changed or deleted as my list for other things that I want to do is growing. So much to do when you do not have a DH, kids or girlfriends to worry about! Don't worry we are still going to Bon Voyage!

See I think that's my problem too, I only have so much time to do the things I want to do and it's going to be crazy. I'm glad you haven't cut out the breakfast though :thumbsup2

I am sure I will write a TR after this, I have done it for all my trips except my DL that I just can't seem to write because DL really left a bad taste in my mouth! I am also going to post on my blog and FB pages updates, some in real time.
Oh no, sorry to hear your DL trip wasn't good. I will definitely keep an eye out for your TR. I also realized that I am following your business FB page because one of your posts popped up on my feed :rotfl:, I am assuming from the huge AT follow loop, so I guess I will see your updates there as well:wave2:.

I guess it is time to start getting plans on paper, even if I am trying to hard not to be crazy Solo Commando! Only

220px-Herbie-1138.jpg

Days till Disney. I loved the Herbie movies growing up...and don't mean the ones with Lindsey Lohan either! Try going back another 20 years prior to those movies!

I am sad about not getting to see him anymore on the Backlot Studio tours in DHS. I hope they are treating him well!

Congrats on all of your FP! I did a solo trip once and I felt the same way…no need to rush around like a crazy person. I also think the more we go and the more trips I plan, the less I feel the need to do EVERY major thing EVERY time. If I don't see it this time, I'll see it next time :-)…(except for FOP, which I'm still bitter about NOT getting my fastpass for! :rotfl2:)

Now that I offended everyone saying how much I disliked Disneyland...I better explain right. But let me say WE LOVED CARSLAND and will totally go back just for that!

Security check points were understaffed which result in crazy lines...and I go bagless!

What I hated was the unpredictability of the crowd levels what was supposed to be a 5 day was more like Christmas Day in the Magic Kingdom at WDW. I made touring plans and within a hour of park opening they were so off that we just literally through them away! The crowds were insane! I can normally handle crowds, as long as I have plan but with no plan we ended up being EXTREMELY frustrated most of the time. Then on top of it I HAVE NEVER WITNESSED SUCH RUDE BEHAVIOR at Walt Disney World. The line jumpers were awful, I mean literally jumping and climbing over walls, ducking under chains, pushing way through the line...and this is after we had been in line 30 minutes. I have met my share of rudeness at WDW, but this was beyond rude.

The Cast Members were not so friendly, even when you were friendly to them. I get that everyone has a bad day, but the whole park was having a bad day.

The park was dirty, I mean trash everywhere! Even the inside of dining locations.

In the end we felt more like we were at Six Flags rather than Disney Park.

I learned my lessons though, which is why we took this trip. I was able to help a friend plan a trip last summer and they had a wonderful time...of course I paid for ridemax and took into consideration everything that happened during our trip. DL will get another chance in a year or so. But I will be a WDW snob...LOL

Well, I would have stood in the line one way or another. Stupid Southwest changing her flight time meant we would have a super long line or not meet J&S and that wouldn't do! ;)

Fortunately the Beast doesn't normally have an hours long line! :rotfl2:

YOU CAUGHT MY HUMOR!

I'm kind of curious too. I grew up going to Disneyland. It really is like going home for me. I was so excited to take my kiddos there when we went in January.

I know you love DL and I am sure my next trip will be a lot better cause I know what to deal with!

I literally cannot wait for that either. The only things I care about are the parade, Main Street, and fireworks, so I am right there with you, although I am a Nightmare before Christmas fan, I just can't imagine waiting hours to meet any characters.

We will get a long great too...those are the only things I care about too! Oh and the Christmas cookies!

See I think that's my problem too, I only have so much time to do the things I want to do and it's going to be crazy. I'm glad you haven't cut out the breakfast though :thumbsup2

Oh no, sorry to hear your DL trip wasn't good. I will definitely keep an eye out for your TR. I also realized that I am following your business FB page because one of your posts popped up on my feed :rotfl:, I am assuming from the huge AT follow loop, so I guess I will see your updates there as well:wave2:.

I am trying to work on social media presence, but have not been very good lately!

Now that I offended everyone saying how much I disliked Disneyland

Get to explaining girl! :rotfl2:

I know you love DL and I am sure my next trip will be a lot better cause I know what to deal with!

I do, but I also think the experience there is totally different then that at WDW. My husband prefers the World to the Land. He did not care in the least we went without him to CA! LOL! But it's sm aller so if you're there during a crowded time (we were there MLK day and it was packed!) then I think it does have a different feel. I haven't had any experiences though with lack of magic or rude people really, at least not any more than I would experience at Disney World. Having my mom with me though in January...that made for an interesting trip... :rotfl:

I am trying to work on social media presence, but have not been very good lately!

As much as I do social media personally I always have a hard time with my presence work wise as I feel repetitive or uninspired a lot. Or life gets the better of me! I need to do better at posting for sure!

Wow, that's terrible. I'm sorry you had such a bad trip :sad1: What time of year did you go? I wonder if that makes a difference.

I have been obsessively listening to Michael Bowling on the Connecting With Walt and Disneyland at 60 podcasts and it's REALLY increasing my obsession with DL. If I ever get there, I would like to spend a bunch of time just examining the park, maybe take a couple tours. I'm so fascinated by Walt Disney and all he did, and by extension, his brother Roy. I would LOVE to go back to where it all started :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!