Nov17: Shhh…Don’t Tell the Kids , Husband or Podiatrist

2 Days till Disney, 2 Food & Wine Booths to Go: Thailand

In my PTR reports (and sometimes in my TR) I like to do some type of countdown. For this trip I am going to take a closer look at the menus of the 35 2017 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Booths (Why 35? To Celebrate Epcot’s 35 Years) and tell you what I am planning to sample and sip. My goal is to attempt to sample (but not sip, because I am not a beer or dry wine gal) something at each booth, which for some booths is way too easy because I want the entire menu and others I just want to bypass!

Food:
· Marinated Chicken with Peanut Sauce and Stir-fried Vegetables Seared Shrimp and Scallop Cake with Cold Noodle Salad
· Red Hot Spicy Thai Curry Beef with Steamed Rice

Beverages:
· Helfrich Gewürztraminer, Alsace
· Singha Lager

2.jpg

Another booth I am having a hard time with…maybe the shrimp & scallop cake. I am also trying to figure out why there is Gewürztraminer from France/Germany on the menu…not a very Thai wine. LOL But I love Gewürztraminer!

Hopefully we'll run into each other and you'll say hello!

Have a great trip!

Hopefully we'll run into each other and you'll say hello!

Have a great trip!

I would love to say hi...loved your Italy pictures. Made me want to go back so bad...DD will be there all summer on a dig in Rome and then probably the following spring for her honors college trip...she wants to do the Rome marathon, so maybe I will just have to slip over there and join her!

I have my own set of rules for this challenge so at each park I have to do the following (and be documented with a picture/video or it did not happen):

1. Selfie in front of Park Icon or Entrance
2. 1 Coaster Ride & 1 Other Ride
3. 1 Hidden Mickey
4. Picture with a character in each park or Stop for a Show (Either of these will be a huge challenge for me)
5. Eat & Drink Something Unique to that Park
Wow, that is ambitous and makes my 4 parks 1 day rule seems lame :rotfl2:. Good luck on your challenge.

My late afternoon and evening will be filled with MVMCP, plus lots of Christmas cookies and snow on Main Street. I pretty much plan just to roam around and let the moment lead me. I am going to stake out a good viewing spot for the parade and wishes…waiting with something peppermint in my hand. And of course this is my last night, I can sleep tomorrow on the plane so I fully intend to be the last one out of the Magic Kingdom!
Same, same, same. I love you plans, it's going to be a great night.

Wow, that is ambitous and makes my 4 parks 1 day rule seems lame :rotfl2:. Good luck on your challenge.

Same, same, same. I love you plans, it's going to be a great night.

Ha...I am taking advantage of the party to get this challenge completed. Being solo I can do a lot of single rider lines so no worries...and my idea of a show is pretty lax!

While I probably will not get to all of the booths, I am going to give it my best try! Disney has not disappointed me this year in the menus! Can’t wait till Sunday when I begin my quest!

1 Day till Disney, 1 Food & Wine Booths to Go: Wine & Dine Studio

In my PTR reports (and sometimes in my TR) I like to do some type of countdown. For this trip I am going to take a closer look at the menus of the 35 2017 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Booths (Why 35? To Celebrate Epcot’s 35 Years) and tell you what I am planning to sample and sip. My goal is to attempt to sample (but not sip, because I am not a beer or dry wine gal) something at each booth, which for some booths is way too easy because I want the entire menu and others I just want to bypass!

Food:
· Pulled Duck Confit with Cannellini Bean Ragoût and Zinfandel Reduction
· Seared Scallops, Truffled Celery Root Purée, Brussel Sprouts and Wild Mushrooms
· Trio of Artisan Cheese (Fromager Affirois de Excellence served with toasted Baguette, Point Reyes Original Blue served with Apricot Jam and Point Reyes Toma served with Honey)
· Artist Palette of Cheese and Wine (Trio of Artisan Cheese paired with Round Pond Estate Sauvignon Blanc, St. Francis Chardonnay and Recuerdo Malbec)

Beverages:
· Round Pond Estate Sauvignon Blanc, Rutherford
· St. Francis Chardonnay, Sonoma County
· Recuerdo Malbec, Argentina
· Eden Canyon “Jolie” Red Blend, California
· Meiomi Rosé, California

1.jpg 1a.jpg

While the Artist Palette looks like so much fun, but the scallop dish looks amazing!

See_ya_real_soon!.png
Well the day has come...I am now just under Tminus11 hours till my flight. In my hustle to finish packing last night, I forgot to check into my Southwest flight....imagine my SHOCK when I still was able to snag Boarding Group A!!!! That like never happens. WHEW

I appreciate those that followed along and commented...and all that lurked in here and there! I will be post across my social media platforms...Twitter & Instagram search for mylifeinears.

Watch for my Trip Report when I get back, I would love to have you as a part! Again, thank you for following along!

Last edited:

Well the day has come...I am now just under Tminus11 hours till my flight. In my hustle to finish packing last night, I forgot to check into my Southwest flight....imagine my SHOCK when I still was able to snag Boarding Group A!!!! That like never happens. WHEW

I appreciate those that followed along and commented...and all that lurked in here and there! I will be post across my social media platforms...Twitter & Instagram search for mylifeinears.

Watch for my Trip Report when I get back, I would love to have you as a part! Again, thank you for following along!
Just followed you on Instagram, can't wait to meet up. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter