November 10, 2018 - Disney Fantasy 7-Night Very MerryTime Western Caribbean

Is anyone else having trouble checking in? I’ve been trying about every hour since midnight.

I was able to check-in at 10:59pm CST, I was able to secure everything I wanted and a 10:30 PAT, except the Family Cabana of coarse! Happy I didn’t have any issues.

I didn’t get the DAYS I wanted for some ticketed events but not really a big deal since we aren’t doing any excursions.

Hi everyone! I’m Cindy and I’m happy to say my family & I will be joining you on the Nov, 10th Western Caribbean Cruise!! I’m glad I found this forum (Thanks Michelle). I’ll be traveling with my DH(Bill) and our two kids DD (17) & DS (15). This will be our 3rd Disney cruise. We are from the Rockford, IL area. I found cheap flights with Frontier out of O’Hare so we will be flying. We are staying one night before and one night after the cruise at Saratoga Springs. Ran into a little bit of trouble while booking the port excursions/activities, but fortunately I got everything scheduled that we wanted to do.

Hi everyone! I’m Cindy and I’m happy to say my family & I will be joining you on the Nov, 10th Western Caribbean Cruise!! I’m glad I found this forum (Thanks Michelle). I’ll be traveling with my DH(Bill) and our two kids DD (17) & DS (15). This will be our 3rd Disney cruise. We are from the Rockford, IL area. I found cheap flights with Frontier out of O’Hare so we will be flying. We are staying one night before and one night after the cruise at Saratoga Springs. Ran into a little bit of trouble while booking the port excursions/activities, but fortunately I got everything scheduled that we wanted to do.

Welcome Cindy! Glad to hear you were able to get everything you wanted even with the trouble on their site! It seems you weren't the only one. Which other Disney cruises have you sailed on before this one?

Welcome Cindy! Glad to hear you were able to get everything you wanted even with the trouble on their site! It seems you weren't the only one. Which other Disney cruises have you sailed on before this one?
Our first cruise was a 5 night Bahamas on the Wonder in 2009 and then the 7 night Eastern Caribbean/Fantasy in 2014. The kids absolutely loved both cruises. Occasionally, through out the years, I would ask them if they would rather do a cruise or visit WDW, they would always say a cruise. Isn't that funny?!?!

I ended up booking the Dolphin Encounter for DD11 and I and the Dolphin Observer for DH. I know they are going to try to sell us the ridiculously priced photo package with it but I'm going to stick to my plan of saying no. DH can take pics with his phone from the sidelines. I've always wanted to interact with Dolphins so I'm excited. That seemed to be the excursion she was interested in when asked about Starfish Point or snorkeling or Dolphin encounter.

I ended up booking the Dolphin Encounter for DD11 and I and the Dolphin Observer for DH. I know they are going to try to sell us the ridiculously priced photo package with it but I'm going to stick to my plan of saying no. DH can take pics with his phone from the sidelines. I've always wanted to interact with Dolphins so I'm excited. That seemed to be the excursion she was interested in when asked about Starfish Point or snorkeling or Dolphin encounter.
Just noticed on your list of family members that your pet's names are Beauty and Beast! :thumbsup2

Last edited:

DD broke us of our tradition of naming pets after Star Trek characters:rotfl2:

I really want to get a third cat, orange in color and name him Lumiere :rotfl2: A third cat didn’t fly with DH though, despite the perfect name.

Our first cruise was a 5 night Bahamas on the Wonder in 2009 and then the 7 night Eastern Caribbean/Fantasy in 2014. The kids absolutely loved both cruises. Occasionally, through out the years, I would ask them if they would rather do a cruise or visit WDW, they would always say a cruise. Isn't that funny?!?!

Our next cruise, we are hoping to cruise the Eastern Itinerary! :cutie:

I was thinking about this also, I have a DSLR that has a Zoom Lens and could take just as good of photos with my own camera I bet. I'll have to think this through though! DH really doesn't want to leave the boat AT ALL in Jamaica no matter what.

I was thinking about this also, I have a DSLR that has a Zoom Lens and could take just as good of photos with my own camera I bet. I'll have to think this through though! DH really doesn't want to leave the boat AT ALL in Jamaica no matter what.

I am doing Dolphin encounter in Grand cayman. I’m with your DH and don’t get off in Jamaica no matter what. The only problem is that we may miss Grand Cayman because it may be too rough to tender which will be fine with us and I will prepare DD for that.

I prefer eastern Caribbean but do Western once in a while. I love the mountains in the eastern islands. The seas can be a bit rougher though which is why DH likes Western but not sure why because DH doesn’t get sea sick. Out of all the cruises we have been on (we sailed Carnival and Princess prior to Disney) we have only had mild sea sickness on one cruise with 30 foot swells and gale force winds on a tall, narrow Carnival ship that rocked like crazy with winds pushing it. It was impossible to walk a strait line. :rotfl2: I got mild sea sickness that cruise as did the other two couples.

Last edited:
DD broke us of our tradition of naming pets after Star Trek characters:rotfl2:

I really want to get a third cat, orange in color and name him Lumiere :rotfl2: A third cat didn’t fly with DH though, despite the perfect name.
I love the naming of your cats, that's awesome! We named one of our cats Pepper, after Pepper Potts in Iron Man(that was when the first Iron Man movie came out) and we named our 2nd cat (who is black) Bagheera, from the Jungle Book.

We really enjoyed the port visits on the Eastern cruise! We toured the Fort in Puerto Rico and the Bacardi distillery tour. I believe DH enjoyed that one the most, LOL!!!

I am doing Dolphin encounter in Grand cayman. I’m with your DH and don’t get off in Jamaica no matter what. The only problem is that we may miss Grand Cayman because it may be too rough to tender which will be fine with us and I will prepare DD for that.

I prefer eastern Caribbean but do Western once in a while. I love the mountains in the eastern islands. The seas can be a bit rougher though which is why DH likes Western but not sure why because DH doesn’t get sea sick. Out of all the cruises we have been on (we sailed Carnival and Princess prior to Disney) we have only had mild sea sickness on one cruise with 30 foot swells and gale force winds on a tall, narrow Carnival ship that rocked like crazy with winds pushing it. It was impossible to walk a strait line. :rotfl2: I got mild sea sickness that cruise as did the other two couples.
We have been to Jamaica in the past(not via cruise) and we felt very safe doing the excursions(Dunns River Falls) that the Resort had to offer. I'm confident that Disney's excursions will be safe. I definitely would not venture out on my own anywhere. I'm actually more worried about Cozumel and the happenings back in March. Not to scare anyone, but if you haven't heard, there were bombs found on tourist ferries, so the cruise lines canceled excursions that required a ferry to get to where you were going. I'll see if I can add the link from the DIS Boards article...http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...l-excursions-in-cozumel-after-security-alert/

Last edited:
I had heard about the problems in Mexico so if we do get off the ship, it’s to walk around the shopping area right there but if the shop keepers become too aggressive, back on the ship I go. That’s what I don’t like about Jamaica and Mexico, the shop keepers are aggressive. They handed something to my brother in Mexico and insisted he pay for it and they wouldn’t take it back so he put it on a shelf and walked away. Guy was still insisting he pay for it.

I had heard about the problems in Mexico so if we do get off the ship, it’s to walk around the shopping area right there but if the shop keepers become too aggressive, back on the ship I go. That’s what I don’t like about Jamaica and Mexico, the shop keepers are aggressive. They handed something to my brother in Mexico and insisted he pay for it and they wouldn’t take it back so he put it on a shelf and walked away. Guy was still insisting he pay for it.
That's crazy! I'm planning on only shopping in the Grand Cayman. I've heard their duty-free shopping is one of the best in the Caribbean!! If for some reason we can't tender there then I guess Disney will get my business on the ship, LOL!!

Hi everyone. My name is Joan. Along with me and my husband, our son and his wife will be joining you all on this cruise. Hoping for a relaxing beautiful cruise. I tried to get us a cabana while on Castaway Cay, but they were all gone. :-) . We have not signed up for any other excursions yet. Looks like there are several others staying on the ship too. See you all soon!

Hi everyone. My name is Joan. Along with me and my husband, our son and his wife will be joining you all on this cruise. Hoping for a relaxing beautiful cruise. I tried to get us a cabana while on Castaway Cay, but they were all gone. :-) . We have not signed up for any other excursions yet. Looks like there are several others staying on the ship too. See you all soon!

Hi Joan :wave2:

I too am hoping this will be a relaxing cruise! Our last cruise was in May of 2016 and I had an almost 2 year old with me who hated childcare :faint: Not a whole lot of "me" time that trip! :cutie:

I did sign up for a Fire and Ice Pedicure, but that's the extent of "excursions" for me :rotfl2:

Hello, My family will be on this cruise (Myself, my wife, and our two sons (ages 10 and 7). This is our first Disney Cruise (but we are huge Disney fans and have been to WDW, Disneyland, and Disneyland Paris many, many times). With this being our first cruise we are happy to hear and learn any insider tips we can...of first question I noticed today when I found this link that many of you are already able to do check-in and signup for excursions and reservations....we were told we cannot log in until August 27th, do they tier it with certain people getting access earlier than others for one reason or another? If we are getting in late, any tips on getting things we still want to do, are there waitlists? Lastly what is the FE list noted here and is there an actual meet up on the ship of Disney fans...or just a way to see who is going in advance? More info for this newbie please.
Thank you!
Justin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!