November 2017 pre trip and trip reports

Boomer1

DIS Veteran
Okay Ed I will start this much needed thread. Hi folks my name is Krista, known as Boomer1 here. My DH Tom and I are planning on being at FW from Nov. 1-9, 2017. We had originally planned to be there over the end of October and Halloween but this year we have decided to expand the farm to include a u-pick raspberries, blueberries and pumpkins; a sunflower maze and a farm stand. For this reason we will need to be on site into the later part of October.
We have a 5th wheel that we store in Clermont instead of towing from New Brunswick, Canada where we live. So the plan is to fly in on Nov. 1st and have it towed to FW waiting for us. Although we will miss Halloween at the Fort we will instead be celebrating Tom's 50th Birthday at WDW!
So who will be joining us in November?

I won't be there in person that week but I'll be following along with a trip report if your doing one

We will miss you on the October thread, but I'll be glad to have somebody elses trip to follow along on when we get home!

We will be there from 11/10-11/13. This is our annual birthday (me) trip and we always do the Food and Wine Festival. We are local, about 40 minutes away, and have a small travel trailer. We have a full hook up reserved and will request the 1700 loop. I am also trying to get Halloween weekend as we had a blast last year. Love November to camp, the weather is usually perfect and the crowds (sans Epcot for F&W) are pretty decent.

Okay Ed I will start this much needed thread.
Don't let Ed Bully you into the thread! :lmao:

Just Kidding. I love going to the Fort in November. The weather is pretty descent and the crowds aren't (generally) to crazy.

What? Tom's turning 50 while you're going to be there?

That is a lot going on for you back on the farm so no wonder you have to stay a little longer. But those plans sound very interesting.

I can post in this November thread too since I'm still hoping to be there for Halloween week into the first few days of November leaving for home that first Sunday.

And Paul, having met Krista, I could tell she was a natural born leader and just needed a nudge to get a November thread going. Now it's been done so thank you Boomer1!

So we got an August thread going, also September, October, and now November. Yea!

(as you can tell, the Alabama football theme can fit in anywhere).

Bama Ed

PS - Terri you will have a nice birthday trip I hope. I am looking forward to nice weather that time of year like you said.

Last edited:
We will be there Nov 28 - Dec 12. It's been awhile since we have experienced the Christmas events.

We'll be there November 5th-19th. WDW vets, but our first time at the Fort. It will be me, DW, DS10/11, DD8, and DS4. We'll be tent camping in either 1500 or 2000; hoping for 1500 or the back of 2000 to take the shortcut to the Meadows. DS's birthday is the 18th, and we just kinda talked ourselves into a trip this year when we realized the timing would work (I can't take off of work between Thanksgiving and Christmas). We have one night booked at Anastasia State Park on the way down to break up the drive a tiny bit, and then (hopefully) a quick two hour trip to the Fort on Sunday the 5th. I decided to tap out on another long drive for the eclipse this year, so I added the days off to the end of the trip... now I'm off of work from the 4th-23rd!

Looks like we have a good group of Disers at the Fort in November! Hopefully I will get to meet some of you for the first time and reconnect with others.
I will try to improve my writing and picture posting skills in the meantime.

Current plan is to be there Nov 25 till Dec 9. Slight change from the usual, normally check in before thanksgiving and pull out thanksgiving day. We are trying to accommodate a Beaver Rally that will be at the fort dec 3 to dec 7. Unfortunately work is crazy, we are hoping at a minimum we can still go to the fort even if we have to work remote the whole time. As usual during the two week stay, we do work be week and play the other, we just may have more work time.

Does this mean I need to start the dec trip report thread?

Current plan is to be there Nov 25 till Dec 9. Slight change from the usual, normally check in before thanksgiving and pull out thanksgiving day. We are trying to accommodate a Beaver Rally that will be at the fort dec 3 to dec 7. Unfortunately work is crazy, we are hoping at a minimum we can still go to the fort even if we have to work remote the whole time. As usual during the two week stay, we do work be week and play the other, we just may have more work time.

It does sound like you will need to.

Kris, you're another natural born leader. All you have to do is kick off an "Official" pre-TR and TR thread and people will flock to it.

I know you've got it in you.:teeth:

Bama Ed

Kris, you're another natural born leader. All you have to do is kick off an "Official" pre-TR and TR thread and people will flock to it.

I know you've got it in you.:teeth:

Bama Ed

You know i needed very little prodding to get it started. Done!!

Okay Ed I will start this much needed thread. Hi folks my name is Krista, known as Boomer1 here. My DH Tom and I are planning on being at FW from Nov. 1-9, 2017. We had originally planned to be there over the end of October and Halloween but this year we have decided to expand the farm to include a u-pick raspberries, blueberries and pumpkins; a sunflower maze and a farm stand. For this reason we will need to be on site into the later part of October.
We have a 5th wheel that we store in Clermont instead of towing from New Brunswick, Canada where we live. So the plan is to fly in on Nov. 1st and have it towed to FW waiting for us. Although we will miss Halloween at the Fort we will instead be celebrating Tom's 50th Birthday at WDW!
So who will be joining us in November?

We will be there! looking forward to all of the holiday stuff.

We'll be there! Nov 7-18 and we're all counting down the days! We normally go in Sept, but got the opportunity to do Nov and see the holiday decorations so we jumped at it! Glad to hear it's a good time to go. We love the Sept crowds but boy can it be hot! Plus last year we hit a hurricane on the way down so we're not too eager to experience that again. ;) We'd love to meet fellow disboarders if anyone wants to plan a get together! We usually try for 700 or 800 loops.

DW added an interesting wrinkle to our trip last night. She has a friend in Virginia (a Coast Guard wife). The friend's husband is going to be training in California for a MONTH around the time of our trip, so DW is going to take the kids and all of our stuff to stay with her for an undetermined amount of time before we leave for WDW. Instead of driving from Buffalo right when I get home from work on 11/3, now I will be flying to Richmond, VA to meet the family and all our camping gear; I arrive around 11:30 Friday night in Richmond, and we'll drive straight from there to our Saturday night camping reservation in St. Augustine.

It's actually a bit of a "head start", as we'll be arriving in FL earlier than if we drove from Buffalo starting at 6 PM. It does add a little uncertainty, though. All things considered, it's not too bad; we live very close to the airport, traffic and airport lines are rarely bad in Buffalo, and my boss will make sure I get done at a reasonable hour. I will have to figure out a new packing plan, though. When the rest of my family actually included me in their vacations :rotfl2:, it didn't matter where everything went. Since they're at least going to need clothes and stuff, I'll probably need to get more camping gear in the roof bag and more regular stuff in the trunk; I don't think DW wants to deal with the roof bag.

Should be an adventure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!