November 2018 Car Rental Watch

Just got back from a 10 day vacation with limited internet, checked my rate, saved another $17. Now $248 Alamo standard, Nov 18-26 (Costco). Lets hope it keeps dropping!

Nov 6-10 got $212 all in for an economy car through Alamo. Pick up MCO, drop off Disney Car care center.

AD2823JAZ $25 off -- 7014627 Costco Saving codes because I wont be able to find them again... Thank you for doing the research!
icon_mickey_halloween.gif

Last edited:
My mid-size SUV with Alamo (Nov 10-17) just went down to $213 ($250 with taxes).

Hey guys, I just cancelled my Alamo of $212, for a Standard (priced with the upgrade coupon) for Nov. 10-13 and booked with EZ Rent A Car for FullSize $174!
Check out their prices. They seem better than Alamo right now for Orlando (MCO).

I keep checking, but so far the minivans I got on the Dollar sale are still the least expensive at $363 (including all taxes and fees) for the week that we're going.

Hey guys, I just cancelled my Alamo of $212, for a Standard (priced with the upgrade coupon) for Nov. 10-13 and booked with EZ Rent A Car for FullSize $174!
Check out their prices. They seem better than Alamo right now for Orlando (MCO).

Check the Trip Advisor report for EZ and Advantage at MCO. Horrible reviews.

This year we're going 11/24-12/5. Last year we rented a rented a Ford Explorer 12/3-12-11 from Budget. That cost me $285.29 (base rate of $195.43 plus fees and taxes). That worked out to $31.70/day

I haven't even seen anything close for our dates this year. The cheapest is an economy car (Chevy Spark or similar) is $58.32/day. Nearly twice what I paid per day last year for a much smaller car.

What the bleep is up with that? o_O

Mike

I saw that I had a new alert for this post and I was hoping beyond hope that someone had finally started to see price drops! Wishful thinking I guess!

I’ve been watching the hurricane coverage though and I can’t help but think that the storms and flooding will have an impact on these rates coming down. I suspect too many people in the southeast need rental cars right now..

I’m picking up oct 31st to nov 12. My rates were ok, but the last few days the rates have doubled! Hoping for a drop.

We are arriving in Orlando late on Nov. 24th. We are booked at the Poly 11/25-12/5.

The interesting part was we were going to rent 11/24-12/5. However, it turns out that getting the rental from 11/25-12/5 is ≈$125 cheaper.

We're getting a mid-size SUV for $371 for 11/25-12/5 with dollar.

The same mid-size SUV from dollar is $501 for 11/24-12/5.

That's typical of all the rental companies we checked. That's a huge difference for just one day. Proximity to Thanksgiving?

Mike

I have had an Intermediate SUV booked since June for $481 USD (resident of Australia so that’s all inclusive price)November 3 -13 checked a few days ago was down to $403 and standard was $418 so rebooked the standard
Checked yesterday and intermediate down to $280 and standard was still $418 so rebooked the intermediate
This is from Disney Car Care Centre

Rates are horribly high right now.....11/7 to 11/17 for $275 (which is HIGH). We travel this time every year, and I usually only pay around $180 for (10) days in previous trips. Just looked today and my same rental is pushing $300 now! I'm thinking it will come down closer to trip time, as it usually does.

My wife has a service through work called Plum Benefits which is where we got a mid-size SUV for $371 (11/25-12/5) from Dollar. Then we got an email from Dollar for 10% off and now we have the same mid-size SUV $361.93 only for 11/24-12/5 this time. This is the pay later price. I'm not sure why that extra day which previously was ≈$130.00 more is not included for less than previous quote but hey, I'll take it. :D

We got the email from Dollar because we signed up for discounts and other alerts. It worked out pretty well so I may try getting emails from the other rental companies.

Mike

Had an intermediate booked with Alamo (through Costco) for $278 for 11/4-11/12. I kept checking. Prices dropped and was able to grab an SUV for $235 last night. Looked again this morning, and got an intermediate car with Budget (again through Costco) for $189.

I’m so jealous. I pick up on oct 31 to nov 12. My rate is crazy high, but if I had picked up nov 1 it’s half the price. Ugh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts