November 2018 Car Rental Watch

Hi everyone - We’re flying back home out of MCO the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I’m debating whether we should return the car at the Disney Car Center and take the Magical Express versus dropping off at MCO. Cost is about the same. Thinking it will be crazy at the airport so even if we drive would we need to arrive two hours early? Anyone with experience around Thanksgiving have advice? Thanks!

I was able to rebook with Alamo yesterday for a little less than the reservation I was holding with Dollar (2 minivans at $363 with Dollar and $359 with Alamo). I used the $25 off coupon and the American Express code for one van and the Visa for the other. The Costco code got them even lower, but we don't have Costco and I'm afraid to chance them asking to see the card.

I was able to rebook with Alamo yesterday for a little less than the reservation I was holding with Dollar (2 minivans at $363 with Dollar and $359 with Alamo). I used the $25 off coupon and the American Express code for one van and the Visa for the other. The Costco code got them even lower, but we don't have Costco and I'm afraid to chance them asking to see the card.
I do believe I read that they will ask to show Costco card for validation. So good thinking on that.

I also rebooked about 10.00 cheaper with AP code and 25.00 coupon. Hope it goes even lower.

As far as time frames go 2 years ago I had a booking at MCO with Alamo and the default time was 12 midday we landed late at night took shuttle to hotel then rang Alamo to see how long they held the booking they said 12 hrs I asked if I could change time till 9 am “sure sir we can do that” I said that’s fine oh but the price goes up $100 a week for the 3 weeks so I said if I get to the garage by midnight I get it at the booked price ? The answer was yes so back to Alamo garage I go already had done skip the counter week prior and there was no Mid size SUV left so got Standard for midsize price

Just a little over 2-weeks from our trip, and prices are HIGHER. They usually drop pretty drastically around this time, but now I'm getting nervous. Will be paying over $100 more from this same timeframe/rental from our trip last year!

Heads up - prices went down significantly for me!

I was able to get a mini-van for 6 days through Costco at Budget for $204.

Heads up - prices went down significantly for me!

I was able to get a mini-van for 6 days through Costco at Budget for $204.

Great price. I just checked for my dates and it's about the same price I'm paying currently with my employee discount at Avis.

Haven't booked yet, but have a trip from 11/1 - 11/5. Best price I found was through my corporate account with Avis. $209.76 for a full size. Way more than I want to pay. At least I get free resort parking since I made my hotel reservations before the March cutoff date.

Just checked carrentalsavers, and got a full size for $193.51 with Dollar. I'll take that.

Wow - I just checked on Costco and my rental (11/5-11/12 - pick up Mco drop off at TPA) is up a lot! Booked Alamo at $235 for midsize SUV...today Costco with Budget is $312 for Intermediate SUV! Not changing that! Ha!

I just rebooked with EZ rent a car. I had fullsize Alamo for $174 for Nov. 10-13 with upgrade coupon. But just rebooked with EZ for $128! Use coupon EZLIVING. Rates are low right now!

I just rebooked with EZ rent a car. I had fullsize Alamo for $174 for Nov. 10-13 with upgrade coupon. But just rebooked with EZ for $128! Use coupon EZLIVING. Rates are low right now!
I would check the reviews on them. They are not good. They have 2-3 stars on Tripadvisor, Consumer affairs and Yelp. I have seen the cheap prices with them but did not book after reading the reviews. Just thought I would let you know. I always check reviews with unknown companies before I book a car.

Just checked carrentalsavers, and got a full size for $193.51 with Dollar. I'll take that.

Not sure why but it seems with this reservation I will need to go to the counter and not straight to car. I looked up the code and it appears to be some sort of travel agency code. I even rebooked using the code directly through Dollar and it won't let me do "Early Check in". I hate waiting at rental counters so not sure if I'll take my chances with this or keep my Avis reservation. The reservation does have my Dollar Express number on it so I think I'll just try to go directly to the garage and see what happens.

Does anybody know how particular Alamo is with the time of rentals? Our flight time has changed quite a bit. Our original flight was going to arrive at 6pm, but now we are arriving at 10:45am. If I alter the times on my reservation, my price goes up. I don't want to show up though earlier and have no car. What to do?!!
Alamo will hold the reservation until midnight

Not sure why but it seems with this reservation I will need to go to the counter and not straight to car. I looked up the code and it appears to be some sort of travel agency code. I even rebooked using the code directly through Dollar and it won't let me do "Early Check in". I hate waiting at rental counters so not sure if I'll take my chances with this or keep my Avis reservation. The reservation does have my Dollar Express number on it so I think I'll just try to go directly to the garage and see what happens.
That is why I like alamo. Check in at home print my papers bring them with me and go directly to the car at MCO. Hand papers to worker at the exit booth and I am on my way. No stopping at the any of the counters.

Rebooked this morning on Dollar and got my price down to $181.90 (full size 11/1 - 11/5). Every little bit helps, but I sure miss those $100 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter