November 2018 Discount Watch

What frustrates me is we also had a unique pin code available, which released today, and I thought that fed from a different batch of rooms, not the same as the open discount rooms, which are now not available.
I got so many PIN codes 1-2 years ago, and I haven't gotten a single one this year. :(

So when I checked our room reservation with the Magical Holiday Discount at All Star Movies, it came out to $1,541.37 compared to $1,268.87 that we already have. I looked closer at the reservation and it has an AP holder reservation shown. I do have an AP but I didn't think AP rates were out yet. Do they always have some AP rate available of you book early?

So when I checked our room reservation with the Magical Holiday Discount at All Star Movies, it came out to $1,541.37 compared to $1,268.87 that we already have. I looked closer at the reservation and it has an AP holder reservation shown. I do have an AP but I didn't think AP rates were out yet. Do they always have some AP rate available of you book early?

The AP rate isn't out yet, that's odd though your reservation said AP rate. The AP and FR rates come out a bit later. Don't cancel your reservation though, but wait until the AP rate comes out and then take the AP rate because it'll be MUCH cheaper

p07jmt82e68hmsnr.png

I'm on the phone on hold now for the 15% discount for FW Cabins from 11/25/18 - 11/30/2018. It said it is at least a 30 minute wait. We tried to modify the reservation a few weeks ago and there were no rooms available anymore so I do not want to cancel it and try to book it again.

Availability is such a poor word to use in this case, but I can not think of any better one to use. Using my reservation as an example, there are already a limited number of rooms since there are only so many floors in the Contemporary, and in turn only half of those rooms face the MK.

So for simple math's sake, let say there are 100 rooms that match that designation, Contemporary - Theme Park View - Main Building. That being said, when they release a deal like this, they set aside a percentage (unknown how it is figured out) of each resort's rooms for the sale. Let say 20% so that means 20 rooms are eligible. If the resort is not sold out, it is a first come/first serve basis. If that designation is already sold out, like mine was, it is a first come/first serve basis on who can change their reservations first.

Cancelling a reservation to rebook will not get you that discount slot if the amount of discounts are already "taken", and you run the risk of losing your slot altogether if they do not put it up right away for you to rebook, or someone else books it quicker. When you want to make a change like that, it is always better to call in and suffer the holds, so you do not lose what you already have.

What frustrates me is we also had a unique pin code available, which released today, and I thought that fed from a different batch of rooms, not the same as the open discount rooms, which are now not available.
This was just what was sort of explained to me when I finally reached a CM on the phone.
Availability is such a poor word to use in this case, but I can not think of any better one to use. Using my reservation as an example, there are already a limited number of rooms since there are only so many floors in the Contemporary, and in turn only half of those rooms face the MK.

So for simple math's sake, let say there are 100 rooms that match that designation, Contemporary - Theme Park View - Main Building. That being said, when they release a deal like this, they set aside a percentage (unknown how it is figured out) of each resort's rooms for the sale. Let say 20% so that means 20 rooms are eligible. If the resort is not sold out, it is a first come/first serve basis. If that designation is already sold out, like mine was, it is a first come/first serve basis on who can change their reservations first.

Cancelling a reservation to rebook will not get you that discount slot if the amount of discounts are already "taken", and you run the risk of losing your slot altogether if they do not put it up right away for you to rebook, or someone else books it quicker. When you want to make a change like that, it is always better to call in and suffer the holds, so you do not lose what you already have.

I called once today and reached (for the first time) a CM who was not especially friendly or willing to check around for a discount. I just said thank you and decided I would try again later. Another 20 minutes on hold or so- but long story short- WL had nothing left for discounts so I changed my week at WL to the exact same package at AKL and saved $700. I’m happy with That. I think my daughters will love AKL just from what I’ve seen online. Maybe next time WL.

Just got off the phone from trying to nail down a RO discount for our stay mid Nov at the Poly. Too late. Hope some of you have better luck than I did!

The AP rate isn't out yet, that's odd though your reservation said AP rate. The AP and FR rates come out a bit later. Don't cancel your reservation though, but wait until the AP rate comes out and then take the AP rate because it'll be MUCH cheaper

p07jmt82e68hmsnr.png
When, traditionally, do they release AP rates for the fall?

I ask because I have a 6-night stay booked at All Star Movies -- I just modified it to get the 10% discount just offered.

I am looking into getting an AP when we go, so wondering if AP rates (if available for the resort I am staying in) will be better than this just released 10% fall discount. How much (traditionally)? Just curious really.

From what I understand, you can book an AP rate without having an AP, as long as you get the AP on arrival (which I plan on doing).

I'm on the fence for the AP, but once I see how much of a discount I could get on my room (and then on dining once I am there) may help make that decision easier and help "pay" for that hefty cost.

(Long story short, I plan on getting an AP for a Nov. 2018 trip and a Oct. 2019 trip (basically two 4-5 day trips before my daughter turns 3 (while she is still free). I figure getting an AP for 3 family members is a ton cheaper than 4! Heh.

I ask because I have a 6-night stay booked at All Star Movies -- I just modified it to get the 10% discount just offered.

I am looking into getting an AP when we go, so wondering if AP rates (if available for the resort I am staying in) will be better than this just released 10% fall discount. How much (traditionally)? Just curious really.

From what I understand, you can book an AP rate without having an AP, as long as you get the AP on arrival (which I plan on doing).

I'm on the fence for the AP, but once I see how much of a discount I could get on my room (and then on dining once I am there) may help make that decision easier and help "pay" for that hefty cost.

(Long story short, I plan on getting an AP for a Nov. 2018 trip and a Oct. 2019 trip (basically two 4-5 day trips before my daughter turns 3 (while she is still free). I figure getting an AP for 3 family members is a ton cheaper than 4! Heh.
AP rates will come out around August, I believe. They're usually better, 20-35%, based on the resort & availability. That being said, I've really struggled the past few years to get a discount for the resort & dates I wanted. I would only get an AP if it's cheaper than buying regular park hoppers for your trips, and treat any discounts as a perk (instead of factoring them into "money saved"). Hope that helps!

Just got off the phones and was able to get $600 off our POR royal room stay in Nov. I’ll take any discount we can get

They will probably release them mid July or aug. I'm pretty sure AP's will get a discount on ASMo. I know ASMo at one point wasn't eligible for one of the discounts but I can't remember which one... That 10% was just released the other day though! however it is for all guests (AP or not) you would want the AP discount because you'll get a 15-20% off value resorts not 10% off.
Now this link is a gold mine. Most of these discounts are released every year just named differently :) https://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/

p07jmt826ggbhx2x.png

AP rates will come out around August, I believe. They're usually better, 20-35%, based on the resort & availability. That being said, I've really struggled the past few years to get a discount for the resort & dates I wanted. I would only get an AP if it's cheaper than buying regular park hoppers for your trips, and treat any discounts as a perk (instead of factoring them into "money saved"). Hope that helps!
This helps thanks ..

The main reason I am on-the-fence for the AP is I wanted to do what I did with my son and take my daughter when she is 2 .. and then RIGHT before she turns 3 to "maximize" the savings of a taking a free child. So I was planning on doing two 4-day trips with a potential 3rd trip to meet up with my sister's family in March (for a day or two) (That many days (buying park hoppers). Two 4-day trips is break-even in cost to an AP, so the discounts will probably make/break the decision .. because we don't "HAVE" to go on another 4-day trip within 11 months of each other .. but I sure would like to if it "saves" money. The AP savings, plus factoring in a free child (before she turns 3) ..

Here's hoping I can snag an AP discount at All Star Movies in a month or two!

Oh my godddddddddddddd. I've been on hold for 30 minutes and the hold music went away, and I absentlymindedly hit the "play" button on my headphones (thinking my music had stopped) which is also the "end call button". I hung up on myself because I'd been on hold so long I forgot I was on hold.

Anyone know if Disney releases additional rooms? I'm currently booked for All-Star Sports November 10-18 at rack rate. Apparently there are no rooms currently available for my dates for the promo. The discount would only be about $60 so while there are rooms available at Music and Movies I'm not willing to move for it lol. Just wondering if I should keep checking periodically.

What is the best source to stay on top of AP release offers? I swear I ever get any emails

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts