November 2019 car rental watch

Keacc

DIS Veteran
I have been monitoring November prices twice a day since mid January. I also looked at every month between now and then looking for the sweet spot. I have made and cancelled numerous reservations. Yesterday I really scored! I had a chevy suburban with Alamo reserved for $682 for 7 days. Checking prices around 7pm, I got the suburban for $541 using my Costco membership. I have only seen a price that cheap on suburbans 1 month out. Today it is back up to $686.

With 8 of us, we will also have a 2nd car (std suv) with Alamo for $388. I got that price on Feb 4th and haven't seen it that cheap since.

Many people say to clear out your cookies regularly to get the best prices, but I haven't cleared mine and I get different prices all the time. Keep checking those prices. Some days they may change several times.

I have been monitoring November prices twice a day since mid January. I also looked at every month between now and then looking for the sweet spot. I have made and cancelled numerous reservations. Yesterday I really scored! I had a chevy suburban with Alamo reserved for $682 for 7 days. Checking prices around 7pm, I got the suburban for $541 using my Costco membership. I have only seen a price that cheap on suburbans 1 month out. Today it is back up to $686.

With 8 of us, we will also have a 2nd car (std suv) with Alamo for $388. I got that price on Feb 4th and haven't seen it that cheap since.

Many people say to clear out your cookies regularly to get the best prices, but I haven't cleared mine and I get different prices all the time. Keep checking those prices. Some days they may change several times.

I’m doing the same for a trip in April and December. I havnt seen much move in December but April I have, got a Burban for 7 days in LAX for 380 and our fl December trip is looking around 550 as well for 8 days.

I book through Costco app so the whole cookies hung is a myth I believe.

Checking Alamo prices today around 7am, the Suburban dropped to $524 using my Costco membership and AD8913MJR. We also have a Std SUV for $321.

Got a standard from Alamo for 9 days 11/10-11/19 for 288 using my Costco Membership.

Not the best steal I got, but this is still super reasonable.

20 day standard rental 11/13-12/3 hovering at $1022!
Crazy!
I paid $350 for 2 weeks in 2018.
This is using Costco ID and $30 off coupon.

I am also looking at early December, and standard car is ~$350 right now. Usually we get the same vehicle, or even go up to an intermediate SUV for around $200(sometimes even less) through Costco during the same time period...I wonder if pricing is just going up. I am glad that there is free cancellation with their car rental reservations, though. The past few years we have booked and the price dropped, so just gotta keep watching!

I've been pricing out Intermediate size cars through costco for Nov 29 - Dec 6th, and the cheapest I've seen is about $295. I was hoping to pay about half that.

We have an intermediate SUV booked through Costco at $296 for 11/9 - 11/16. A decent deal but I'll keep checking to see if it goes down before our trip.

I am also looking at early December, and standard car is ~$350 right now. Usually we get the same vehicle, or even go up to an intermediate SUV for around $200(sometimes even less) through Costco during the same time period...I wonder if pricing is just going up. I am glad that there is free cancellation with their car rental reservations, though. The past few years we have booked and the price dropped, so just gotta keep watching!

My sept/oct 8 night trip finally priced out in mid $250 range with alamo using APH & $25 code. Low enough for me to book a placeholder reservation.

Upcoming June /july trip followed the same pattern, for 8 nights it’s now $174

Pattern over last several rentals has been the same, a large drop in pricing @ approximately 3 months out. Followed by several smaller drops in pricing up to day prior to departure.

I’m hoping things follow suit for our Nov/Dec trip.

Can anyone share what coupon codes they are using? :flower:
Not sure how many of these work anymore. Carrentalsavers is for sure.

AD3868JST carrentalsavers $25
AD1Z77AAl $25 Allstate
AD8913MJR $30 vacations USA
AD2823JAZ $25
AD8698SDF $25 (mastercard only?)
AD2365FDN $30
AD2822SFF $25 EXPIRES 1/31/17?

Got this from a Groupon email:

AVIS: Up To 25% Off + Extra $25 Off - A433300

Used Costco. No codes. Mini van 7 days $404. Never paid more than $300. Hoping for a deal...

Still on the hunt for a better deal. So far I've got a compact for Nov 21-28 through car rental savers for $330. That's double what I've paid in the past, but I'm guessing Thanksgiving is raising prices. Happy hunting everyone!

Jumping on here. Just added a November trip. Still working on my Aug/September rental and waiting for some drops there. Haven’t booked anything for November yet, but prices look high.

Jumping on here. Just added a November trip. Still working on my Aug/September rental and waiting for some drops there. Haven’t booked anything for November yet, but prices look high.
Welcome aboard! Don't think I've ever been in a rental thread without you, we seem to go the same months each year. I'm going 11/14-23, and I've never had prices this high. The week BEFORE Thanksgiving?!?!?!

Welcome aboard! Don't think I've ever been in a rental thread without you, we seem to go the same months each year. I'm going 11/14-23, and I've never had prices this high. The week BEFORE Thanksgiving?!?!?!

Lol. Yep, we’re always planning a trip! We just added this one yesterday. We were avoiding WDW because of SW, so added a 4 night cruise. We arrive November 16 AK/jambo, leave on Monday the 18th, back on Friday 22nd and staying Friday night at BWV then home on Saturday 23rd. Only a week, probably the shortest trip for us in a long time. As for car rental. We leave in 3+ weeks and while September is generally low, it’s been a struggle to get a decent rate. It dropped one day one dollar and I was so ticked, I even rebooked it. Hope it gets better. Looks like our dates are similar! Btw, those $30 coupons don’t work anymore.....but always watching for a new one!

Have been checking my rates for my W&D race weekend trip. Crazy high right now so haven't booked anything. Dates as 10/31 - 11/4

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts