November 2019 Exercise Thread - A Disney Cornucopia

+240

335/1400

Greetings from Disney’s Aulani Resort & Spa! Yep, we’re on Oahu. Just spent a few days on the Big Island and now we’re here at Aulani for the weekend. (I’ve been wanting to come here since I did the Disney beach thread last year!)

In honor of Fashion Friday, here’s a picture of the lei they give new arrivals. And a sunset pic, just because.

Attachments

• 81335904-6F40-48E0-A7A1-B55FCB50E049.jpeg
    81335904-6F40-48E0-A7A1-B55FCB50E049.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 6B75EEE5-C428-49D1-8F93-869F7E3A2E16.jpeg
    6B75EEE5-C428-49D1-8F93-869F7E3A2E16.jpeg
    141.3 KB · Views: 4
Happy Saturday, everyone!

And congrats to sophy1996 on turning Alice Blue! :jumping3:

Our "Weekend Workout" trivia this morning comes from a "Fun Facts" handout I received at the animation class at the old DisneyQuest:

1. Who was the original voice of Mickey Mouse?

2. What was the first cartoon with synchronized sound?

3. Those "flipbooks" you probably made as a kid (where you changed the picture a little on each page) were invented in 1868, and are also know as what?
....a) pantographs .....b) kineographs .....c) seismographs ....d) xylographs

4. What year did Mickey's dog, Pluto, debut?
....a) 1919 .....b) 1927 .....c) 1930 ....d) 1936

5. A very famous Disney character's voice actually came before the character. A man named Clarence Nash delivered milk to the first Disney studios on Hyperion Avenue, and could do a funny voice that Walt liked. Disney tried for years to come up with a character to match it, and ended up with ________.

1. Walt Disney himself
2. Steamboat Willie
3. b) kineographs ...(Pantographsare the conducting rods on top of electric trains, seismographs measure earthquake activity, and xylographs are engravings in wood, or the prints made from them.)
4. c) 1930 (the same year the Lowell Observatory identified that "other" Pluto)
5. Donald Duck

Last edited:

15 minutes for me (127/500) and congrats to Twilight Sparkle!! We have both reached Dinah Orange!

(The team is so close as well - just 84 minutes away!)

For Sunday, we have "The Ultimate Disney Princess Quiz" -

Click Here

It's rather long (50 questions) but you just scroll down (no clicking through a slide show) and there is some really interesting trivia included in the descriptions.

I got an 86%. Average (as of when I took it) was 74%.

Good morning on this Veterans' Day/Armistice Day/Remembrance Day.

Congrats to sophy1996 and the Team Nov. on turning Dinah Orange!! :cheer2: :tigger: :cheer2:

I'm adding 23 minutes of my own (150/500) and the team stands at 2,059 minutes!

For "Movie Monday," here is an article from the Nat'l Museum of American History entitled
"Mickey Mouse morale: Disney on the World War II home front" -

https://americanhistory.si.edu/blog/ww2-disney

and a clip called "Seven Wise Dwarfs" in which the familiar characters by war bonds -
(The song changes at about 1:15 from the stock footage to new animation.)

@ljcrochet, that "like" is how I keep track of which posts I've entered into my spreadsheet - not actually "liking" that your watch isn't working!

I wish I knew what to tell you as far as troubleshooting it, but I have no experience with them. I do have a fitness app turned on in my phone, but if you looked at it, you'd think I was a total slug! - I usually leave my phone on the counter or in my purse, so it doesn't record my activity at all. :rotfl:

(I turned on the app because it makes emergency contact info available to someone without my password.)

Happy Tuesday! For today's "Tuesday Tip" -

If the gift shop doesn't have what you need, ask! My DH uses a CPAP machine, and while you can use spring water in a pinch, it's best to use distilled. (That's a very difficult thing to pack, however!) Before our last Disney trip, I learned that they often keep some under the counter. He asked, and lucked out. :tink:

15 minutes for me = 165/500

Team total = 2,233 (29%)

I got 3/5 on Saturday's quiz. I'll have to update you all when I take the Princess quiz to let you know how I did... lol.

My parents came to Texas over the weekend to visit us and see our new home, so I didn't do much exercise. (My family likes to sit on the couch and watch Seinfeld.) But on Saturday we did walk around the town square for a bit. And today, I got off my bum and rode the stationary bike for 30 minutes. Afterward I tried to convince my husband to dance with me for about 10 minutes. He more or less just watched me with a look of bewilderment.

I'll add 60 minutes for the last few days.

320/600

Doing short walks these days - my legs are so not ready for Food and Wine next week 🥴. So, adding 90 minutes over the last week.
180/1000
I got 3/5 on Saturday’s quiz! And 80 on the princess quiz - I’m pretty shaky on the newer ones.
@Twilight Sparkle - two clock changes is kind of funny - I wouldn’t know what meal to have !! I was glad when the U.S. moved to the weekend after Halloween- it makes trick or treating a little better. But I’d prefer we not change at all. It’s just not necessary any more.
@sophy1996 - I’m sure you enjoyed Aulani! It’s so beautiful!
Stay warm, everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!