November 2019 no availability?

stephk1981

DIS Veteran
We have never booked this early before, we just booked our Nov 2018 trip a couple months ago.....but, Star Wars land opening made me think maybe I should go ahead and pay rack rate since we want a specific room. On the website this morning there was no availability in the room category we want ( AKL CL). Is this a glitch or is there really no availability!? I was on hold with WDW reservations for 45 minutes this morning before hanging up. Is it worth calling back to see or the room is probably not available right now? Thank you!

Everyone is going to chime in and say something about Fall is crowded and Star Wars might be open, but honestly I think their reservation system is just messed up. Yacht Club pretty much only had garden view available for all of 2019 and I saw that to be the case with a few hotels.

It's been weird for quite a while now.

Thank you! That makes me feel a little better. I will keep trying to call, but normally I hang up and try back if the wait is more than 10 minutes.

Thank you! That makes me feel a little better. I will keep trying to call, but normally I hang up and try back if the wait is more than 10 minutes.

Yeah, everyone seems to be having trouble. We are going in May 2020 and I'm going to book Yacht Club room only at 499 days just so I can be sure to get a room! I'm envisioning a frustrating phone call on January 2...:rotfl:

Yeah, everyone seems to be having trouble. We are going in May 2020 and I'm going to book Yacht Club room only at 499 days just so I can be sure to get a room! I'm envisioning a frustrating phone call on January 2...:rotfl:

Hoping you get through quickly!

I noticed this the other day as well and thought it was odd...but then I remembered Star Wars will be open :crazy2:

Hoping it's just a glitch in the system though...

Yeah I'm a little worried, but if it's not a glitch, the AKL room I wanted is already gone.... so I guess I need a plan b before I call anyway!

I think your 10 minutes wait time is terribly optimistic. I don’t think you will ever get through

I think your 10 minutes wait time is terribly optimistic. I don’t think you will ever get through

I have always had great success with low wait times on Wednesday and Thursdays around 10 am or 1:30 pm! Hopefully my luck will continue :)

I believe reservations have only been released through October 2019. You can book up to 499 days in advance. So Nov 2019 is not sold out yet, just not available for booking.

Yes, so 499 days... a trip beginning November 12, 2019 should roughly be what 483 days out? That's why I thought the dates should be out now. Other room categories are available for November 12 and on dates, you think possibly Disney just hasn't released the AKL CL prices and availability?

Yes, so 499 days... a trip beginning November 12, 2019 should roughly be what 483 days out? That's why I thought the dates should be out now. Other room categories are available for November 12 and on dates, you think possibly Disney just hasn't released the AKL CL prices and availability?
Sorry, should have been more specific. I was referring to what’s been released online. You should be able to call to book up to 499 days ahead, but online has only been released through October.

Sorry, should have been more specific. I was referring to what’s been released online. You should be able to call to book up to 499 days ahead, but online has only been released through October.
Yep, for whatever reason (and it could be due to Galaxy Edge), when they opened 2019 they only went through October.
So the rest is not sold out. It's simply not open for booking yet.
No idea what they'll do for you when you call. Do they book a firm reservation or a placeholder till it's open?

I didn't know the online bookings came out later, thank you for clarifying and letting me know! :)

Yep, for whatever reason (and it could be due to Galaxy Edge), when they opened 2019 they only went through October.
No idea what they'll do for you when you call. Do they book a firm reservation or a placeholder till it's open?

So glad to hear this, thank you!

It's a placeholder until the new room rates come out, then you rate goes up! So when I book for May 2020, I'll pay a deposit of whatever the rack rate is for the view we choose for 2019, then when 2020 packages come out - that will be my new price.

I don't know if I get a reservation number at that time or can put anything in MDE, but at least I know I'll have a room. I hope. :)

I just booked a Contemporary standard room this past weekend for Nov 16, 2019. We wanted Poly, but all but the 2 most expensive categories were gone already, according to the website.

Looks like November dates are bookable online. We are planning a week and a half trip from 11/20 thru 12/1/2019. Because our last day is in December I am not able to book online yet, if I change the last day to 11/30 I can see all sorts of bookable rooms.

The 499 days is from check-out date but you should still be in the window.

I think they are just not loaded yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter