November 2019 TR thread & Recreation schedule in Posts 4-5- 6

Nice day today overcast and not as humid!
Looks like you have the only nice weather in the country. 20s here this morning (that's way below average for early November). I saw where Louisiana was even near freezing. Enjoy! And keep the pics coming.

j

Ok so we moved sites, now we have a sewer hook up! Yeh! We are in 1808 now. Had a blast at MNSSHP last night even with the crowds. I forgot a lot of stuff like getting a popcorn bucket, and my sorcerer card. All good we rode all the big rides by 700 pm and saw the villan show and parade. Left after that because the 8 yo was dead tired. New site is one away from the canal. 20191102_163105.jpg20191102_162957.jpg20191102_163003.jpg20191101_205555.jpg

Ate at the hoop de do last night, i will say the food was good and thw drinks were also. I had about 6 beers. The kido loved the show and we were right in front, so we had lots of interaction. Im so glad i book this!

Went to magic kingdom today, did most of the other stuff on our check list. Was a good day! We finally got the sorcerer cards, and played a few rounds. It was fun. Tomorrow is epcot.

Ate at the hoop de do last night, i will say the food was good and thw drinks were also. I had about 6 beers. The kido loved the show and we were right in front, so we had lots of interaction. Im so glad i book this!

Glad you liked HDDR, Sjm9911. It's food/drink/tax/tip/show all in one fee that delivers value in a format that is not common so we like doing it every couple of trips.

I wanted to ask your opinion about how quick Halloween decorations came down and folks left on Nov 1 or Nov 2. When I went to my only Fort Halloween in 2017, I was a little surprised at how fast the sites emptied out the next day and decorations came down. I bet over half the sites were empty on the afternoon of Nov 1 (a Wednesday as Halloween had been on a Tuesday that year). With 10/31 on Thursday this year I wondered if people might have stayed into the weekend or left decore up.

What say you?

Bama Ed

Most left the saterday after Halloween, half of the tent loop at least, im thinking the whole fort as thats they day i was able to upgrade my site.to a full hook up. The new loop was pretty empty as well on saterday. Some decorations stayed up till the 2nd, but most were packing up or starting too if they were still here. Some x mass stuff went up on the 2nd also. There is still lots up, but not like on Halloween. I think most came just for the TOT at the fort. The overflow lots were full as well as all the grassy areas on the way in, mostly with cars. I think the locals get the campsites and come just for the holiday. I spoke with a few that lived within an hour of the fort, most come every year and have been doing so for a while.

I think most came just for the TOT at the fort. The overflow lots were full as well as all the grassy areas on the way in, mostly with cars. I think the locals get the campsites and come just for the holiday. I spoke with a few that lived within an hour of the fort, most come every year and have been doing so for a while.

I got that impression too. For LOTS of local families, Halloween at the Fort IS their family Halloween tradition. But when it's over, it's over and they go home. They are there for Halloween, not a vacation.

So I agree with your observation.

Bama Ed

I got that impression too. For LOTS of local families, Halloween at the Fort IS their family Halloween tradition. But when it's over, it's over and they go home. They are there for Halloween, not a vacation.

So I agree with your observation.

Bama Ed
I counted over 125 rigs, lots with trailers parked in the grass around the car/cart drop off area. The over flow lot was totally full with cars parked in the middle grass areas. 700 loop was cleaned out by Sunday. Most left over weekend to get back to their normal life. Those near us said they do it every year. It's the reason resies are hard to get.

We went to MK late yesterday afternoon to see Elsa light the castle & it was packed. I heard some say they were here to see the castle light up for Christmas. We took our Halloween decorations down yesterday. MK had a lot of Christmas decorations up, looked beautiful! Cloudy & cool this morn.

Made it to Epcot today. Fairly cool this morning. Late lunch and a few Ale's in England. Good bangers and mash. Just made it from tram to car when the rain started. Man did it pour. Just now starting to sprinkle in the fort. Pretty quiet here this afternoon (wonderfull).

Lol, we just missed you. I drove there. We left as the rain started also. We didnt get to partake in the adult side of food and wine. We did get there at park opening and followed my plan( well it was a touring plan on you tube). We got in all the rides and shows. It was a good day. Yes it was considerably cooler. The plan worked. Not much for the country's, but you could do that after 3 pm lol

For anyone intrested, this is what we did. The plan was on you tube, and i followed it exactly. Worked perfectly. Brought our own lunch so ate in the park , the lunch spot was if we were near it and had time, we didnt. 20191104_195823.jpg

Ok people, did MK for the last time yesterday. It was hot! Got our FP in for the am, back to the fort to relax and lunch and back to MK for dinner at be our guest. It was packed , but we did get in about 15 mins after our reservation. Food was better then expected. The fillet was cooked perfectly, although not hot when it got to us , but warm. They did a great job on the allergy foods, as my daughter is allergic to tree nuts. The dishes for her came with a little stick that had the allergy sign on it. One didn't, the server took it back to make sure it was all good. For the first tine i used the extra fastpasses and the refresh method. This worked while in line for meeting arial, as we weren't moving in line , i was able to score a FP, and just go around everyone. Additionally, got extra FP for PPF, small world, buzz i could have got more but i was tired. 20191105_205805.jpg20191105_174019.jpg20191105_164253.jpg20191105_165727.jpg

We went to Epcot late afternoon yesterday. Rode the Living the Land & Soarin. I saved us a spot to watch the fireworks while Arnold went & got us some fish & chips. Later while waiting for the show to begin, we shared the pineapple ice. Cream. I love that & also the float. The walking & standing is hard for me since I Broke my hip in November 2018. Walking back to get on the bus just about killed me. We had to wait for a second bus to pick all of us up. Lots of campers @ Epcot yesterday. Tonight we have Mickey Christmas party. Cloudy here right now.

I will say the walking and standing is hard for people with good hips! And sorry i didnt get to spend more time with the dis members! Christan raynor , etc. The trip was awsome, the fort very nice, but i underestimated the walking and time needed to acomplish everything my daughter wanted to. I was out cold in bed by 9 pm some nights, up at the but crack of dawn making breakfast and lunches. I did enjoy meeting everyone i could along the way, i just didn't have the time or energy for more. Hopefully next year we can do less, because we already did it all, and atually camp!

We road by your site this afternoon & assumed you had left. Enjoyed the quick meet When U came by ToT night. See you next October!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!