We got our flights today! We have a 6:10-8:55 am direct flight there and an 8:30-11:00 pm direct flight home and the price wasn’t too bad, especially considering we are flying home on Veterans Day. I love that we can take a later flight home so we can spend our last day in a park. We are going to The Wave for breakfast (hello, refillable mimosas!) and then spend the day at MK before heading to the airport. Yay!

Booked 50s PT for an early lunch on Wed before Thanksgiving - I know my family will want to see Galaxy's Edge. Hopefully we can get in at some stupidly early EMH, experience it all, have lunch, then escape to another park for the afternoon.

I'm hoping they're just not loaded yet bc the Candlelight Processional packages aren't ready...did anyone get Garden Grill or Biergarten for Thanksgiving day?

I'm stressing hard about flights home. I'm just going to have to wait and see if times and prices get better. I'm sick over what we are paying to get to Orlando.

I feel every post you make about the flights. The flights for us are killer. Absolutely killer. I haven’t booked flights yet because I’m still in denial about the cost. $1200-1500 for 2 people? That’s outrageous. Across lines,
the flights haven’t budged since I checked opening day.

I’m thinking we may be able to pay reasonable costs if we fly Delta and use some of my husband’s points. That’s a last resort though because I *hate* layovers and Delta doesn’t do nonstop out of PHX. Ugh.

I feel every post you make about the flights. The flights for us are killer. Absolutely killer. I haven’t booked flights yet because I’m still in denial about the cost. $1200-1500 for 2 people? That’s outrageous. Across lines,
the flights haven’t budged since I checked opening day.

I’m thinking we may be able to pay reasonable costs if we fly Delta and use some of my husband’s points. That’s a last resort though because I *hate* layovers and Delta doesn’t do nonstop out of PHX. Ugh.

I wound up paying $1800 for 3 people RT. It’s absurd, but the WGA fare on our way down there is already sold out. I am picky about times, so I had to just deal. Good thing we switched from WL to Pop.

We too pay a ridiculous amount on flights Bc we are from jersey and go during jersey week. We used miles for two of us and paid cash for two so it’s slightly better. But argh.

We just booked our plane tickets on Thursday we Soithwest opened up. We were able to get round trip from Philly to Orlando leaving at 7am on 11/5 and leaving Orlando at 10:30 pm on the 17th for $276, we added early bird to both flights so the total was $315 plus change round trip. I checked American round trip those same days and the fare was about 550 round trip then we would have had to pay $30 more each way for baggage

👋 Our crew (8 adults + 2yo DD) heads over for Nov 2-9, staying at POP. Just booked our flights as well and anxiously counting down!! Bummed we couldn't get a BOG dinner, but snagged a breakfast reservation. Otherwise pretty happy with our ADRs. Now, to plan FP strategy... 🤔

Booked ADRs almost a month ago, then tweaked as other people let things go. For now I've got everything set: we have flights, hotel reservations, and ADRs done. Our flights were expensive, but not as crazy as some of you are finding. We're going RT from DC for about $400 pp. We don't have much flexibility this trip (can't move our dates even a day in either direction), and it's such a short trip (4 days including travel days) that we wanted to make sure we have some park time on both of our travel days even if the flights cost a little more that way.

When all 5 of us go we're very cost conscious, but this is a first and only couple trip for me and DH, so we're willing to splurge a little. We'd even consider paying for an add on like EMM or DAH this trip, which we'd never do for the entire family. We weren't able to take a trip together for our 20th anniversary last year due to health issues in the extended family, so we're doing a big celebration for our 21st this year.

I wish we knew more about hours after November 2nd. We arrive the last day of EEMH--too late to take advantage of them--and if they're going to extend them or offer extended hours in another way it could change our plans a lot. Oh, well! Our previous 2 trips have been booked at 3 and 4 months, so this is the hazard of booking a lot further out, I guess. Still can't wait for November--we'll have a great time regardless because we're going to be in Disney and without the kids!

I am going with my husband and 3 year old from 11/16 to 11/23! Staying at POFQ. Really feeling the pain on these flights! I think it’s too late to change all our plans now, but do you think it would have been cheaper to fly on different days of the week instead of Saturdays? Or is it just the time of year?

I am going with my husband and 3 year old from 11/16 to 11/23! Staying at POFQ. Really feeling the pain on these flights! I think it’s too late to change all our plans now, but do you think it would have been cheaper to fly on different days of the week instead of Saturdays? Or is it just the time of year?

We've only flown to Orlando once, but that trip we priced it with different travel days and it did change the prices. Last summer, when we bought tickets for 5 for November, we saved about $500 by flying Saturday and Friday, but I can't remember if that was compared to Friday and Thursday flights or Sunday and Saturday flights. Either way, it was same airline, same airports, same class of ticket, and similar times.

You can absolutely try flying in on a different day, maybe Friday night? You'd have to see if it is cheaper and worth your trouble given the timing and perhaps needing to extend your hotel visit, or staying offside that first night and moving hotels.

We're going to be at Disney the week of Thanksgiving! We have a split stay at CBR and AOA. We're hoping to do the CP for the first time on the 29th. Our family is upgrading to AP's this summer. But from what I've read, there are no discounts available on CP packages right? Regardless, I'm excited about seeing it!

Not sure if you have seen the "news" but RnR and ToT are moving to Tier 1 as of SWGE opening. We are doing CL FPs as part of this trip and reports from that board have come in from people making their 90 CL FPs that are now into September and the CMs are confirming that this is true. I'm assuming this will continue for November.....but who knows these days!

ETA: I just realized that AK is going to be all decked out for Christmas! Tusker House will have a Christmas theme, too. YAY!
I need to read more about the Christmas stuff at AK. We are probably going to add it to either the morning we do Epcot or the morning we do HS (short trip) so maybe I should book a TH breakfast!

So we live in Alabama, and got plane tickets from Atlanta on Southwest (I know, it's not too far but my husband doesnt want to drive)! We got them for 3 of us, $53 dollars there (6:15 am) and $94 back (6:55 pm)! I'm super excited. Our return date is during Thanksgiving week.
That's crazy good. We are in Atlanta and we almost always drive (6.5 hours each way). My DH and I flew in May bc it was just us two and we paid $69 down and $79 back each. Not bad. However, because of delays and having to do ME to the airport, both legs, with airport time, took longer than our drive would've been. We are, however, flying again in October because its another adults only and we have vouchers for our troubles in May. I'm still waiting on flights to go down. Flight price was lowest for May around February so I feel like I still have time and I check all the time, just in case.

We are doing a Thanksgiving trip this year also but because it is all 4 of us, we will drive.

Not sure if you have seen the "news" but RnR and ToT are moving to Tier 1 as of SWGE opening. We are doing CL FPs as part of this trip and reports from that board have come in from people making their 90 CL FPs that are now into September and the CMs are confirming that this is true. I'm assuming this will continue for November.....but who knows these days!
I really hope this changes before November. We have two other trips before Nov but after SWGE opens, however one we won't book FPs at HS because its going to be a fly by just to see SWGE (Sept 1) and in October we are skipping HS, I believe, bc its adults only more for F&W and the Halloween party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter