Booked our flights as soon as SW announced them. We fly on points, flights for our annual vacation are the only thing I use the SW Visa for, so I don't even know what the cost would have been cash. And price went down by about 2,500 points total only a few days after we booked, so I'll take it, lol.

We got great times, flying in around 1pm Monday and out around 3pm Friday. Led me to go from 3 day to 5 day tix, we'll do a couple hours on arrival and departure day. We're at Pop, and looking forward to the convenience of Skyliner.

We were going to do a full day at HS, but between my concern about crowds at SW:GE (especially since EEMH ends a week prior) and the changes to the tiers, we may do 2 short days at HS using only our FPs and a few meet & greets, and spend our full days in the other parks.

I'd been eyeing off our flight for MONTHS on Southwest & was hoping the price was going to go down in the sale this week so never pulled the trigger. Finally decided we should - and the stupid flight we needed went up!
The night before's flight however - that was still cheap! Now we land at 1am; I've booked the Marriott Lakeside by the airport so we can just go straight to bed. We weren't planning to go to the parks on our arrival day (Oct 31) just dinner at Sanaa and enjoying AKL's Halloween activities. But now we'll have time for a park I think....
At this point, by the time we pay the nights' accommodation at the airport, and the extra day on our park hoppers - it's probably the same as the extra flight cost. But I figure an extra 12 hours of Disney magic is worth it.

So I’m going to be saving about $250 this trip Bc we are either going to stay our first night at my husbands conference hotel or stay at Dolphin in a room booked on points. My options are regarding my first full day where it’s just me and the kids (7 and 9. I have three options for budgeting this saved money:
Resort day (save the money)
Resort day with dinner at Artist Point Storybook Dining
Add a forth day to our tickets and take kids to a park. (Have to price out difference between 3 and 4 days. And/or we might get conference tix)

Wwyd?

So I’m going to be saving about $250 this trip Bc we are either going to stay our first night at my husbands conference hotel or stay at Dolphin in a room booked on points. My options are regarding my first full day where it’s just me and the kids (7 and 9. I have three options for budgeting this saved money:
Add a forth day to our tickets and take kids to a park. (Have to price out difference between 3 and 4 days. And/or we might get conference tix)

Wwyd?
Depending on what the rest of your vacation schedule is, I'd probably add a 4th day. That would give you a day in each park or a 2nd day in your favorite park. My kids would always take an extra park day over a character meal. But I've also learned that my kids need rest days. They can't do 4 long park days in a row. We can do 2-3, then they need either a resort day or a resort morning and a shorter park afternoon before we do more long park days.

Wwyd?

HEA Fireworks Dessert Party with the Plaza Garden viewing. Special treat and a relaxing way to watch the fireworks!

I was able to book our Thanksgiving dinner at Le Cellier yesterday thanks to TP. We dined here for Thanksgiving when our girls were small and Brother Bear characters were in Canada lol.

Depending on what the rest of your vacation schedule is, I'd probably add a 4th day. That would give you a day in each park or a 2nd day in your favorite park. My kids would always take an extra park day over a character meal. But I've also learned that my kids need rest days. They can't do 4 long park days in a row. We can do 2-3, then they need either a resort day or a resort morning and a shorter park afternoon before we do more long park days.
My original thought was to purchase 3 day tickets and if we were offered a conference ticket(even an after 2 one) we can take advantage of that and rest up and end the day in a park. We land very late the night before so I am concerned about a full park day the next day. But yeah, kids would def choose park over meal but I selfishly want to do that dinner!

HEA Fireworks Dessert Party with the Plaza Garden viewing. Special treat and a relaxing way to watch the fireworks!
Agree, it’s amazing! We did it two trips ago. Unfortunately my daughter really doesn’t enjoy fireworks and she cowered in a ball through the whole show.

I've been waiting for a Nov '19 thread! We're booked at Port Orleans French Quarter for Nov. 2-5. This is the first time we'll be going without our kids, and we can't wait to experience Disney as a couple! Our 2 previous trips have been at the Family Suites in AoA and ASMu and have revolved around our 3 kids' preferences, sleep schedules, etc.
We went in 2016 as a couple, our kids were in college then and it was our 1st trip in our entire marriage without them! We did 2 days in St Pete and 5 at WDW Port Orleans.We had a blast! We are going back this November w/our now-adult kids for my birthday and are excited.We told them its the last trip we will pay for for them, lol🤣🤣🤣Staying at ASMO, its our 6 visit as a family: Pop,POFQ,ASMO,ASMO,WL were our other trips plus 2 Disneyland trips at PP.Have a great trip!!!

Heading to WDW 11/18-11/23 for my birthday...didnt celebrate my big 50 last year as I had just lost my dad and was distraught...but we are going with our 2 adult kids to celebrate the 15th anniversary of our 1st WDW trip and my birthday. Its our 3rd trip to ASMO.We go all day so the room is no biggie, really like POR,but the kids wanted ASMO!Soooo excited!Doing MVMCP on 11/21 and hope to enjoy SWGE, too!Enjoy your trips, folks!!!

Oh my. SO excited to hit Hagrid's!! I think I wont tell DS7 about it, and let it be a surprise. :)
Wish I knew what Disney plans to do for SWGE after the 2nd so I can book my hotel at Universal. Right now I am leaving open all my days/nights except for the 19th, which is MVMCP.
Ugh, I hate not being able to start my planning details...:bored:

Oh my. SO excited to hit Hagrid's!! I think I wont tell DS7 about it, and let it be a surprise. :)
Wish I knew what Disney plans to do for SWGE after the 2nd so I can book my hotel at Universal. Right now I am leaving open all my days/nights except for the 19th, which is MVMCP.
Ugh, I hate not being able to start my planning details...:bored:

We will be at Universal for 3 nights before heading over to WDW. I am so excited about it. I love not having to plan anything. It's making me realize that I really don't mind taking a break from WDW for a bit. This Thanksgiving will be our last trip for a while.

We will be at Universal for 3 nights before heading over to WDW. I am so excited about it. I love not having to plan anything. It's making me realize that I really don't mind taking a break from WDW for a bit. This Thanksgiving will be our last trip for a while.
I do love the ease of a Uni trip. Heck, on Spring Break, we used points, got a throw away room for EP, and did both parks favs in 1 day.
My son prefers Universal. In November we will do 2 days I think. I am holding off on booking anything to see if DAH or EMM is offered for SWGE.
This new coaster sounds like a winner! Cannot wait! Wish we could hit it in July, just didn't fit that trip.

I do love the ease of a Uni trip. Heck, on Spring Break, we used points, got a throw away room for EP, and did both parks favs in 1 day.
My son prefers Universal. In November we will do 2 days I think. I am holding off on booking anything to see if DAH or EMM is offered for SWGE.
This new coaster sounds like a winner! Cannot wait! Wish we could hit it in July, just didn't fit that trip.

I feel like you might be waiting too long to book if you're waiting for those events.

I feel like you might be waiting too long to book if you're waiting for those events.
I am waiting to book my Universal hotels, I have everything for Disney booked, and then some. ;)
I'll cancel one of my split hotels when I know more. Right now I have 1 night at Pop, then CR 2 nights, then BWI CL 3 nights (2 nights and then 1 incase I cancel the lastnight for Uni)
I'd prefer to arrive Sunday and do Uni Sunday evening and Monday, then head to CR. I'm waiting to see if there is an EMM on that Monday, like they had before SWGE opening.
IF there is a DAH Friday night, then we'll do that.
IF neither, which is what I assume, then we'll decide if we start or finish at Universal.
If they add the EMH thru Nov, then we atleast will get that in Thurs.
I suppose I could book my Universal hotel for Sunday, and cancel if they announce the return of EMM for Monday.

Quick question, how are you getting to/from Uni /Disney? I am hoping to skip a rental car this trip. I saw some posts for a guy who does shuttle service, good reviews.

I am waiting to book my Universal hotels, I have everything for Disney booked, and then some. ;)
I'll cancel one of my split hotels when I know more. Right now I have 1 night at Pop, then CR 2 nights, then BWI CL 3 nights (2 nights and then 1 incase I cancel the lastnight for Uni)
I'd prefer to arrive Sunday and do Uni Sunday evening and Monday, then head to CR. I'm waiting to see if there is an EMM on that Monday, like they had before SWGE opening.
IF there is a DAH Friday night, then we'll do that.
IF neither, which is what I assume, then we'll decide if we start or finish at Universal.
If they add the EMH thru Nov, then we atleast will get that in Thurs.
I suppose I could book my Universal hotel for Sunday, and cancel if they announce the return of EMM for Monday.

Quick question, how are you getting to/from Uni /Disney? I am hoping to skip a rental car this trip. I saw some posts for a guy who does shuttle service, good reviews.

We start at Universal, so we are renting a car at MCO and returning it the day after we check in at POP. We are returning it to the car care center near the TTC.

We start at Universal, so we are renting a car at MCO and returning it the day after we check in at POP. We are returning it to the car care center near the TTC.
Yeah, I'm not overly excited about driving with just me and my 7 yr old. I did it in Jan from MCO to Royal Pacific, and when we pulled in and stopped, I realized just how bad I was shaking. :o
When I have my other kids, I feel more confident, strange, I know. I don't know, maybe after this trip in 2 weeks, I'll build up my confidence more. I mean, I just drove down in March as well, but it was with a car load of my kids/grandkids. When its just me and my son, I feel panic a bit...apparently. :laughing:

My BFF and frequent WDW traveling companion and I booked OKW for November 17-24. A two-bedroom but we're not telling anyone (it just worked out that way) because we don't want anyone to glom onto our best friends trip. We're so selfish. Tee hee.

I can't wait. Last trip was June 2018, also a full week (impossibly luxurious for us but I LOVE that this is becoming a trend!) and we stayed at BWV. Excited to be going back to OKW, my home resort, as it's been a few years and I miss it!

How am I going to survive the next 5 months???

Joining in after telling everyone we wouldn't go in 2019..... Staying at Pop Century Nov 23rd- Nov 27 then visiting our grandparents in Spring Hill, FL for the rest of Turkey week!

Welp our planes had to change due to the price of flights. It just wasn't possible to fly during the "holiday" so we moved the vacation up to Nov 14 to Nov 17. We won't get to see my grandparents for the holiday but we are planning to fly down in February to see the...who knows...we might be able to sneak in another Disney trip too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!