My reaction was the exact opposite of yours. Those were the 2 things I was hoping to avoid!
On the "glass half full" side of things, if you are not interested on the F&W festival it will make getting any Epcot dining reservations you might want easier.

On the "glass half full" side of things, if you are not interested on the F&W festival it will make getting any Epcot dining reservations you might want easier.

I decided to push our trip out to the week after Thanksgiving to avoid it. I’m pretty bummed about it because my first resort choice wasn’t available and I ended up paying several hundred dollars more due to price increases.

I just have no desire to be there for F&W. I have heard too many horror stories about excessive drinking and the results of it. That’s just not for me.

While I expected our trip to be during F&W, it's nice to know we aren't there for the last weekend of it (like we have been the past two years). We enjoy F&W as do the kids b/c they LOVE the Remy scavenger hunt. We had no trouble at the booths when we went during the day. We went one evening on a Thursday and also had a blast.

I'm so excited that F&W will be during our trip! I feel like I can get my non-disney loving husband to fall in love with EPCOT and F&W couldn't hurt!

MVMCP tickets are on sale for those interested.
interesting. dates seem a bit different from past patterns, right? i feel like it always kicked off on a thursday and had sunday parties too? will help my jersey week trip for sure with less parties during my stay. although we usually pick to go to MK on a party night for slightly less crowds.

interesting. dates seem a bit different from past patterns, right? i feel like it always kicked off on a thursday and had sunday parties too? will help my jersey week trip for sure with less parties during my stay. although we usually pick to go to MK on a party night for slightly less crowds.

I'm very surprised that there's a party the Sunday before Thanksgiving. I still don't think we can swing it, though. We'll be at Universal that day and it seems like it might be too much. Decisions, decisions...

I'll be there the week of Veterans Day, and there are parties on 4 of my 5 days there! I don't mind, party days are low crowd days. But I'll definitely be avoiding MK on 11/13, it will be a madhouse.

OK well nevermind my above post LOL

Planning on 11/24 MVMCP! Going to leave Universal a bit early and get over to MK for 7pm. Decided to sleep in the Monday to make up for it.

Also booked a rental car for the first few days. I wish Southwest would release flights earlier than May23!

Looks like we'll be there during the gap between Halloween and Christmas parties. We were pretty sure that would be the case.

Entering state testing which means a lot of time proctoring which leads to a lot of thinking since ADR day is coming up relatively soon. I am working with some unknowns which is making planning out meals a bit tricky.

Arrive on a Wednesday night, late and leave on Monday mid-day. Toying around with 3-4 park days.

1. Hubby might already be at Disney a couple of days before me and the kids arrive. But, he won't know for sure until September and after FP day which is annoying (so I need to buy tickets before knowing this for sure). So I might just make the decision to only buy three day park hopper tickets and spend our first day relaxing at his resort before transferring over to Dolphin. To have a full day with the kids on my own sounds OK, but not thrilled about it. They will be close to 7 and 9, so they are pretty independent. I might be itching to go to the park though, and if the schedule is the same as last year, Epcot had evening EMH and that would be nice to head there at some point and stroll back to Dolphin (again, on my own with the kids). So - three park days or four??????

2. If we are on our own Thursday and DON"T go to the parks, should I try for Storybook Dining? I really want to experience it and I know the kids would love to meet the Queen and Dwarves. But - my son will eat about nothing there and it pains me to have to pay. But without DH there, it will be slightly cheaper.

3. Order of the parks - I can plan a bit better since the xmas party dates have been released, but I haven't seen EMH hours. I tried MDE this morning to see if I could add things to my itinerary (that's how I saw hours before it was released in the calendar), but the site is down.

4. We plan on doing the CLFP program, but with Star Wars opening and rumors of paid FPs or other paid experiences possibly coming, I'm undecided there as well.

5. I might be considering upgrading the kids tickets to Florida Resident APs since my dad is moving to Florida next month. But, it means he would have to meet us at the parks on that Thursday and it's really not that feasible due to his health. But, if it could work out, I go back to the - should I buy 4 day park hopper tickets or not?

So..............a lot of thinking. Thoughts welcomed!

Count me in for November, DH has a conference and we'll head down and have a vacation when he's done working. Staying at Yacht Club the 9th-13th. First time there but our favorite is Beach Club so we will be next door and have something new and exciting! We want to be close to F&W and perhaps Star Wars Land if we are brave enough to head over! Joining the thread as I'm sure I'll ask for input on days and plans, (and to MVMCP or not?!) My disboard friends have always pulled through! Will read through old posts now!
So very excited!:cool1:

We will be there on October 30th and stay until November 26th. We planed these dates with a potential opening of SW:GE at that time and hoped for the opening date to fall into. Sadly it didn't. The next big hope was that we get a chance for festival of the holidays at Epcot but that also starts 3 days after we leave. We still will enjoy 4 full weeks and take every opportunity to try something new. There are still plenty of restaurants we did not try yet so we will do some of that. The fun thing is that you cannot do such a long vacation without annual passes as Disney simply does not support anything longer than 14 days with their normal options. So we stay off-site in a rented house.

Very excited as the 180 days planing for restaurants starts soon :rockband:

I’m holding out on buying my Christmas party tickets until June. I plan to purchase an AP then and save $10 on the party tickets. It’s not much, but I’ll take it!

I’m holding out on buying my Christmas party tickets until June. I plan to purchase an AP then and save $10 on the party tickets. It’s not much, but I’ll take it!
Right now, everyone gets $10 off for buying tickets in advance, and then as far as I've seen the DVC/AP discount is only $5 off that, or $15 off total. That's what I paid this morning.

We will be there on October 30th and stay until November 26th. We planed these dates with a potential opening of SW:GE at that time and hoped for the opening date to fall into. Sadly it didn't. The next big hope was that we get a chance for festival of the holidays at Epcot but that also starts 3 days after we leave. We still will enjoy 4 full weeks and take every opportunity to try something new. There are still plenty of restaurants we did not try yet so we will do some of that. The fun thing is that you cannot do such a long vacation without annual passes as Disney simply does not support anything longer than 14 days with their normal options. So we stay off-site in a rented house.

Very excited as the 180 days planing for restaurants starts soon :rockband:
Very cool. I’ve looked at 4 week off site rentals since me and the kids are “off” in the summers. Maybe one day!

Hello,

This is my first solo trip and my first solo trip to Disney. I’m super excited but super nervous. I am arriving Nov. 30th and staying till Dec. 6th. Between those day should there be anything that I don’t want to miss out on. I feel like I research Disney constantly but I’m so worried I’ll miss out on something. This is my end of the year goal and my reward for all the hard work I have done. I need this to be amazing! Any tips is appreciated!

Right now, everyone gets $10 off for buying tickets in advance, and then as far as I've seen the DVC/AP discount is only $5 off that, or $15 off total. That's what I paid this morning.

You're correct. The AP discount is only $5, but I'll save $10 overall since I will be buying 2 tickets, for me and my husband. It's not a lot, but I was going to buy an AP anyway since I have 2 long trips planned for this year. I might as well take advantage of the (very) small AP discount. I didn't count the $10 advance discount since I never buy at the gate, but in all, I guess I'm saving $30. Not great but a savings is a savings. :)

Hello,

This is my first solo trip and my first solo trip to Disney. I’m super excited but super nervous. I am arriving Nov. 30th and staying till Dec. 6th. Between those day should there be anything that I don’t want to miss out on. I feel like I research Disney constantly but I’m so worried I’ll miss out on something. This is my end of the year goal and my reward for all the hard work I have done. I need this to be amazing! Any tips is appreciated!

:welcome:

Definitely plan on Festival of the Holidays at Epcot. Also, Hollywood Studios has a lot of fun Christmas things going on. If you have a chance you should take a trip over to the Grand Floridian to see their tree and gingerbread house.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter