November 2020

I am not getting cold feet but I can understand why some might! I haven’t told anyone that we’re going besides our parents. People are just too free with their opinions sometimes and not informed. I’m sure I have friends when they hear “Disney” they think crowded theme parks shoulder to shoulder with people. But we have done lots of research and been following Disney’s protocols since they reopened Disney springs and we feel comfortable being in the Disney bubble!

Last edited:
I am not getting cold feet but I can understand why some might! I haven’t told anyone that we’re going besides our parents. People are just too free with their opinions sometimes and not informed. I’m sure I have friends when they hear “Disney” they think crowded theme parks shoulder to shoulder with people. But we have don’t lots of research and been following Disney’s protocols since they reopened Disney springs and we feel comfortable being in the Disney bubble!
When we went in August, there were a few friends I did tell, along with my mom and adult DS. Some thought we were nuts and some were like "Awesome, have a great time!"
(Edited to add: I think my mom called me when we were in DHS - I remember being on Sunset Blvd and it was a lot of background noise - and that's when she found out we had included WDW in our FL plans...and she was excited for us.)

Hardly anyone knows I'm taking one of my DDs next week. Honestly, now that I think about it, I'm not sure I've told anyone outside of the family (they live in FL) we are meeting at AK one day?? Huh. I guess subconsciously I didn't want to explain myself lol

Thank you! I do have my Sept TR started as well but not linked in my signature yet if anyone wants to read it:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/c...y-sept-2020-trip-report-update-10-25.3815744/
Three if you count UNI in June! Are you in NYC? We're in the Hudson Valley and our school district is also currently 2 days in person and 3 remote for elementary with jr high and high school FINALLY going back in person 2 days in early November.

WE ARE PROBABLY NEIGHBORS!!!! hahaha - Hudson Valley here too. :love:
Right now my husband is not feeling the trip. I can't blame him - he is nervous about covid. Crossing my fingers since we still have 2 weeks to figure out.

I haven’t told anyone that we’re going besides our parents. People are just too free with their opinions sometimes and not informed. I’m sure I have friends when they hear “Disney” they think crowded theme parks shoulder to shoulder with people. But we have done lots of research and been following Disney’s protocols since they reopened Disney springs and we feel comfortable being in the Disney bubble!
Same here. The only people that know we are going are my parents (my mom is going with us), my sister, and my supervisor. I don't care if they know once we get back, I just don't want to hear it before we leave. We have done our research and made our decision and that's that.

I haven't said too much. My parents know we are going because they thought about coming along, but then my dad is a little too nervous and they decided to wait until next year. My in-laws still are coming with us. My brother knows. He really wanted to reschedule their May cancelled Universal trip the same week of Thanksgiving but DSIL wouldn't go for it (her mother turns 65 on Thanksgiving and so she didn't want to miss her birthday). My sister I haven't said anything too - she is one that is very judgmental. When I sent a group text asking about Christmas she is one that mentions they may not even get together with us because of everything. So unless my parents mentioned to her or DD to her cousin, they don't know.
I only mentioned Florida to someone at work when I was asked what I was doing with my time off and she about freaked out that I'm even considering going anywhere so I haven't said anymore.
I have had 3 friends in the past 2 weeks that have traveled to WDW and felt perfectly fine. They said their experiences they can tell the difference in how the parks are now but it was still so nice to go and get away.

I kept our July trip pretty close to family and co-workers only. I posted stuff on social media 14 days after we got back.

This trip I don’t care who knows since I’ve already been and can vouch for the safety measures Disney has put in place. I’ve been telling whomever.

November group! Opinions please:
We are trying to decide between a 1:35pm lunch at CRT or a 7:55pm dinner at CRT. Both are Sunday Nov 22nd. Park hours are 9am-9pm. I won't give our thoughts just yet as I'd like to hear anyone's opinion on which they would choose between those 2. Look forward to all the various input!

November group! Opinions please:
We are trying to decide between a 1:35pm lunch at CRT or a 7:55pm dinner at CRT. Both are Sunday Nov 22nd. Park hours are 9am-9pm. I won't give our thoughts just yet as I'd like to hear anyone's opinion on which they would choose between those 2. Look forward to all the various input!

I would choose the lunch for three reasons:

1. If you rope drop, by 1:00 the park will be full and you will be ready for a sit-down break. A long lunch at the Castle would be a perfect retreat.

2. Later in the day, if you get tired, you will have the option to leave the park early and not miss your ADR.

3. If you are game for staying in the park until close, the lines should be shorter during the last hour or two, and you can take advantage.

Happy planning, hope you have a great trip!

Straight from the official Disney website: Starting November 3, Guests with a valid ticket or Annual Pass and a Disney Park Pass Reservation for Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be able to access the virtual queue starting at 7:00 AM on the day of their reservation. This can be done before you leave your Disney Resort hotel or wherever else nearby you happen to be at that time. Just as we do today, the virtual queue will reopen daily at 2:00 PM for anyone who wasn’t already able to join a boarding group earlier in the day.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...-galaxys-edge/#/drawer=drawerEnteringStarWars

Straight from the official Disney website: Starting November 3, Guests with a valid ticket or Annual Pass and a Disney Park Pass Reservation for Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be able to access the virtual queue starting at 7:00 AM on the day of their reservation. This can be done before you leave your Disney Resort hotel or wherever else nearby you happen to be at that time. Just as we do today, the virtual queue will reopen daily at 2:00 PM for anyone who wasn’t already able to join a boarding group earlier in the day.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...-galaxys-edge/#/drawer=drawerEnteringStarWars
THANK YOU for the heads up!

Arriving at the airport one week and 30 minutes from now!

I like this change!!

Great news!

Nice!

Just got the official email about the Rise change. I might have missed it on the webpage but this cracked me up since it basically says, we don't want crowds LOL

"For people who receive a later boarding time or are waiting for the second round of virtual queue inventory, we encourage them to take their time in getting to the park. Go back to sleep, have breakfast, check out the pool and relax a bit before journeying over to Disney's Hollywood Studios."

Also, this is a big change, not sure how I feel about this part...we always have 2 or 3 phones trying.

"Please keep in mind, only one Guest per traveling party should attempt to enroll in virtual queue. Multiple Guests and devices attempting to enroll the same party could complicate securing a boarding group. As a reminder, in order to be eligible for the 2 p.m. virtual queue enrollment, all Guests in a party must already be inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!