November-23-2018-7-Night-Bahamian-cruise-out-of-Galveston

kscip

Earning My Ears
Welcome to our cruise link! Just wanted to start this link to talk about the cruise and see if anyone is interested in participating in the fish extender. I've never done the fish extender so if someone can share ideas or start the process, that would be great! Looking forward to sharing ideas and learning from experienced Disney cruisers.

I have moved this to the Cruise Meets Board and added it to the 2018 Directory.

Welcome to our cruise link! Just wanted to start this link to talk about the cruise and see if anyone is interested in participating in the fish extender. I've never done the fish extender so if someone can share ideas or start the process, that would be great! Looking forward to sharing ideas and learning from experienced Disney cruisers.
I'd love to participate too! This is our first Disney cruise so we've not done it before. Looking forward to it!

Hello! This will be mine and DD (8) 6th Cruise. Taking grandparents for first time! First Merrytime for us all though!

Wasn't sure I was going to keep this cruise, so I haven't posted on this meet thread yet. Finalized all the plans yesterday, so now we're good to go!
I see that some are interested in a FE. If there is still interest, I can start a group here as I have done multiple DIS FE groups before. If you have moved on to the other site, no worries as this doesn't seem to be a popular cruise thread.

Last edited:
For those that don't know - FE is fish extender. There is a fish or some other item on the wall by your door. Disney uses it to deliver mail, we put an extender on it to receive gifts:flower3:. It is kinda like Secret Santa:santa:, although some people mark who the gift is from, it is not required. Essentially, you get a list of cabins, who is in the cabin and maybe their fave characters. It is up to you if you do a cabin gift or a gift pp in the cabin. Sometime during the cruise you drop off your gift in each FE and others do the same to yours. That is my simple version of a FE, you can look it up and get tons of info, gift ideas and how to make/purchase an extender. I never make groups of more then 10, the least would be 5. That means you would only exchange with 4 or 9 other rooms at the most. Unless you wanted to be in multiple groups.

We have not started a FE list as this thread is not active and we don't seem to have much interest. I will start one if we have interest, but I have a requirement.

1 - you must be at 10 posts so you can send/receive pm. I am not a huge fan of just putting your info(even without names) on a public site. The final list with all info is sent via pm here.

:wave2:If that did not scare you away from joining, I need info. You DO NOT have to use your name, it is not required, but I do need to know who is in the room. If it is mom, dad, a son and a daughter, it goes like this: mom is DW, dad is DH, son is DS and daughter is DD. Those are what you use unless it is something like 3 adult females and let it go at that. The only time your real name would be needed is if someone wants to make personalized gifts, and we will deal with that if it comes up.
Ok, after knowing all that, I only need 3 more things. Your room # is the most important! If there are kids in the room, I need ages as some people do gifts pp and want to give age appropriate items. The last info I would like is fave Disney characters for everybody. You do not have to give Disney only items for the FE, but some people try to find your characters to make it more special::yes::
I feel like I just wrote a book for everyone, so feel free to ask ANY questions. If you want to join the DIS boards ONLY FE, just let me know. And feel free to let me know of any allergies so I can put that in the list.

I am interested in joining the FE group. Where do I provide the information? I'm a novice at using message boards. It does not appear that I post it here. Also what does it mean that, "you must be at 10 posts so you can send/receive pm."

I am interested in joining the FE group. Where do I provide the information? I'm a novice at using message boards. It does not appear that I post it here. Also what does it mean that, "you must be at 10 posts so you can send/receive pm."
Unless you are comfortable putting info here, I suggest using pm as it is more private. Under your name on the right it has a listing that says messages and a #, the number has to be over 10 to use pm(DIS version of email).

I will post a generic list for the FE here but it will not show room numbers, that will come via pm. The list will show who is in the room and ages of children.
For example, mine would be:
Huskiesrule 3 adults
I may also put fave characters and allergies here, depends on if I am typing on my phone or desktop at the time.

Last edited:

Our 2nd cruise but first time participants of the fish extender. Would love to join!

We would love to join! Our 2nd cruise, first fish extender participant.
:welcome:You are up to 3 posts and to join the FE here you will need to get to 10. Feel free to post here until you reach 10.

There is a FE started elsewhere. No, I can't/won't give you a link as it is against the rules here. The FE I am starting is for DISboards only.

:welcome:You are up to 3 posts and to join the FE here you will need to get to 10. Feel free to post here until you reach 10.

There is a FE started elsewhere. No, I can't/won't give you a link as it is against the rules here. The FE I am starting is for DISboards only.

Thank you! Do I just post some semi-random things on here until I get to 10?

Per post #8 above, if you have moved onto the other social media site for their FE, it won't hurt my feelings. The DIS isn't as popular as it used to be and based on the very low activity on this thread it is highly doubtful there would be a group of 10 rooms interested in the FE. I don't plan on joining on the other site as the person running the FE group isn't even going on the cruise, but that is my choice. I've done the FE enough that if I don't this cruise, I will just bring along some pixie dust and still have fun:rainbow:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!