Status
Not open for further replies.

S.Martin

Earning My Ears
This is for those joining us from Puerto Rico to Miami On the November 7th Magic sailing.

I agree. I thought people have been prevented from booking similar B2B cruises in the past due to the PVSA. I'm surprised the OP was allowed to book these both.
Maybe he/she hasn't actually booked them yet? I know when one of the PC cruises ended in San Juan people weren't allowed to book the subsequent San Juan/Galveston cruise B2B for that reason.

Just confirmed with Disney that we are able to do the B2B because we are not American

Just confirmed with Disney that we are able to do the B2B because we are not American
I would question that. The law says "no foreign-flagged ship may carry passengers from one US port to a different US port without a stop in a distant foreign port". No mention of "only applies to US citizens".

While your 2 separate cruises, individually, are legal under the Passenger Vessel Services Act (cruises to/from Puerto Rico have a waiver), since you are doing back to back cruises, the PVSA sees your cruise as from New York to Miami, and is illegal under the law.

Did you just ask the person answering the phone? Or did you ask to speak to a supervisor (or someone higher up)?

Did you actually say "Why doesn't the PVSA apply?"

Disney is fairly new into this PVSA world (check out what happened with the first Alaska cruises from Seattle a few years ago). Even cruise lines that have done it for years also will mistakenly book people on cruises that violate the law. And the immigration people won't catch up to it (when they do) until much closer to the cruise causing cancellation penalties, air flight changes, a real mess for the passenger.

Last edited:
despite being told multiple times that we can do this sailing, we aren't going to risk not being able to reboard the ship. so have switch to a different sailing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!