• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November after F/W--availability?

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
We are going in June, plan to go in April 2015, but now I want to do a 4 day/3 nighter in November because my daughter got into the CP :yay:. Have to see her in action, right? And use those PAPs!
I am looking at November 13-16. Food and Wine ends November 10, and Thanksgiving is November 26.
Our home is SSR but I still have never stayed at VGF, BCV, or OKW. How is availability in the "slow" time of November? For a studio? Ideally I would love to stay at VGF or BCV during the cheaper point season, which would save me more for spring break (when I wouldn't mind OKW or SSR). I can't book any of these until April and I want to see where my daughter is working (quick service but I don't know where yet) before I decide, but I wanted to ask the experts what the odds are!
Daisyx3

Our home is SSR but I still have never stayed at VGF, BCV, or OKW. How is availability in the "slow" time of November? For a studio? Ideally I would love to stay at VGF or BCV during the cheaper point season, which would save me more for spring break (when I wouldn't mind OKW or SSR).

You'll have better luck at BCV. Many of the nights are already booked at VGF. I was trying to change our BWV reservation over and it's already gone! Dang it, next year we'll plan better.

Last year I had no problems getting a BCV studio at the 7 month mark. You'll have to do it right at the date or even walk it. Good luck!

We were at Disney this past November 2nd thru 9th - which was right at the end of Food and Wine. We own at BCV, but did not book right at the 11 month mark, so we had to waitlist. The nights did come thru before the 7 month mark. Just FYI, right after we were leaving Disney, there was some sort of marathon that was taking place the next weekend.

The time starting the day after Veterans Day to the Sunday before Thanksgiving is one of the few times during the last quarter of the year when near park resorts can actually be reserved at 7 months out. You should have a good chance at BCV, BWV pool/garden, BLT lake view, and VWL, but a studio at VGF is questionable. Studios there are starting to be difficult at 7 months out even during lower demand times and that is a trend that is likely to continue when there are only 47 studios and all can be part of 2BRs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter