December January & February Park Hours Update Watch/Discussion

With MK now open to 11pm when will they do the fireworks on 1/4? We are booked for the dessert party at 6:30 and wondering if they will still do the fireworks at 8 or will they change the time of the party?
MK doesn’t change the fireworks schedule. That’s why the schedule is set weeks in advance around the fireworks. Extending hours only affects the rest of the park.

Also just saw the extended MK hours for Thanksgiving/ Black Friday. I have an adults only trip planned during that time. Is it worthwhile to hop into MK on the late end of those hours? We have plans those two days at Epcot and DHS, but would hopping in to the MK around 10PM for a midnight close be worthwhile either or both of those nights?

If we can even do 2-3 major rides I would go for it, but if the parks are so crowded we can barely move we will just head back to the hotel.

Still no extra magic hours for HS beyond one hour, once a week (Sunday). This is crazy. We are now 2 weeks away from the hugely anticipated RotR opening and essentially no extra magic hours at HS for onsite guests.

Still no extra magic hours for HS beyond one hour, once a week (Sunday). This is crazy. We are now 2 weeks away from the hugely anticipated RotR opening and essentially no extra magic hours at HS for onsite guests.
Totally agree! I'm anxiously awaiting to see some hours added too.

Also just saw the extended MK hours for Thanksgiving/ Black Friday. I have an adults only trip planned during that time. Is it worthwhile to hop into MK on the late end of those hours? We have plans those two days at Epcot and DHS, but would hopping in to the MK around 10PM for a midnight close be worthwhile either or both of those nights?

If we can even do 2-3 major rides I would go for it, but if the parks are so crowded we can barely move we will just head back to the hotel.
I have only done this once in late November 2017, but figured I’d share. It was a rare night that MK did not have a party and they were open till midnight. I walked in about 11 and all headliners had long waits. It was packed.

I guess it wouldn’t feel all that strange if they had not gone totally nutso with the EEMHs and such. Now we’re up against the second “big moment” and the hours feel pretty lame. I’m suspicious.

There's no question they did go way over the top with the EEMH, both the extended duration and maintaining them all the way into November, even after it was obvious they weren't needed. It was a bad decision on their part. As a resort guest I'm not expecting anything that extreme but I think having a normal extra magic hour at HS every morning even just from the 5th through New Years would be reasonable. The anticipation for this ride combined with holiday crowds is going to make this a total cluster.

I have a theory about the way they have released hours lately, they are trying to steer people towards the less crowded parks early on (Between 6months to 30 days out) by making the hours at AK and EP appear the most favorable. But then within 30 days they ramp up the hours at DHS and MK dramatically with the hope that people who already made FP and dining plans at the first 2 parks won't change their plans last minute...

I have only done this once in late November 2017, but figured I’d share. It was a rare night that MK did not have a party and they were open till midnight. I walked in about 11 and all headliners had long waits. It was packed.
Thanks for sharing, we might roll the dice one of the two nights (Im thinking maybe after Epcot) if nothing else we will get to ride the monorail or maybe take the Beach Club bus and avoid the mad scramble out of Epcot if we watch from the back of the showcase

Thanks for sharing, we might roll the dice one of the two nights (Im thinking maybe after Epcot) if nothing else we will get to ride the monorail or maybe take the Beach Club bus and avoid the mad scramble out of Epcot if we watch from the back of the showcase
Want to clarify, I did enjoy my evening!

I think AK is open an extra hour on November 30 now too-unless I just didn’t update my written notes after the last round of updates.
I'm way behind so this was probably already answered but yes those were updated as well as a few other days that week. 11/27, 11/29 that I know of and possibly more.

I watch daily for anything about DHS in early December. We have been planning a big trip for two years and ROTR is a big plus for us. We arrive the 6th and are staying to the 15th. We are planning 2 mornings and two evenings at DHS and have been waiting on some type of announcement about extended hours for weeks. When Galaxy's Edge first opened, Disney posted all type of info on how to get in, boarding groups, etc. With ROTR there is nothing. I guess we'll keep checking daily until we get there two weeks from tomorrow.

I watch daily for anything about DHS in early December. We have been planning a big trip for two years and ROTR is a big plus for us. We arrive the 6th and are staying to the 15th. We are planning 2 mornings and two evenings at DHS and have been waiting on some type of announcement about extended hours for weeks. When Galaxy's Edge first opened, Disney posted all type of info on how to get in, boarding groups, etc. With ROTR there is nothing. I guess we'll keep checking daily until we get there two weeks from tomorrow.
We're in exactly the same situation, just need the info so we can act accordingly.

Can anyone advise on what happens if they go down the boarding pass route - is this done once you are in the HS park or done on MDE app or MDE website?

Well in reality the opening procedures were only posted for DL SWGE, for us here we had no info other than opening time, so this is a pretty similar situation.
CM get their schedules for opening day this Sunday so we're will know for sure what time they're opening the park

MK on December 15th changed to 8am opening

YES! This is one I was waiting for, thank you so much for posting! 7DMT FP are up for that extra hour already too! This was definitely a new update today, yesterday it still said 9am on Dec 15.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts