November Jersey Week

Minnie1156

<font color=red>No apology needed, just wanted you
:cloud9:Who from New Jersey is going to Disney for Jersey week? Week of the fourth I am staying at Art o f Animation
:mic:

I’ll be there - staying at the contemporary with my 2 teens.

I’m picking them up from school on Wednesday 11/6 and heading for the airport. We should land by 7:15 and get to the contemporary by 8 if all goes well. Fireworks at 9 and then California grill at 9:30. Super excited!!

My son’s school district only gets a half day for Tuesday (Election Day) and then off Thursday and Friday (convention), so it’s not quite as convenient as the other NJ schools. 🙄

I will be! Flying down on the 5th and staying at Contemporary until Saturday. Then moving to a house for a following week! 18 Days and counting!

I’ll be there - staying at the contemporary with my 2 teens.

I’m picking them up from school on Wednesday 11/6 and heading for the airport. We should land by 7:15 and get to the contemporary by 8 if all goes well. Fireworks at 9 and then California grill at 9:30. Super excited!!
That is a very aggressive schedule. WDW is at least a 30 minute drive , without any delays from MCO. It will take you at least 15 minutes to get to baggage claim or DME 7:15 is Scheduled landing. You still have to taxi to the gate. The average on DME IS 90 minutes from Deplaning, not landing. Good Luck

That is a very aggressive schedule. WDW is at least a 30 minute drive , without any delays from MCO. It will take you at least 15 minutes to get to baggage claim or DME 7:15 is Scheduled landing. You still have to taxi to the gate. The average on DME IS 90 minutes from Deplaning, not landing. Good Luck
As long as the flight is not delayed, we will be fine. This is our usual routine The flight usually lands a little before the scheduled time and we are at the gate by 7:15.

We don’t check bags and head straight for the taxi cabs. The ride takes 30 mins as you mentioned so we should be there right around 8 with an hour to relax before the fireworks start. It’s nice that when we land, the text comes in from Disney with our room number so we can go straight to our room.

The last time we did this in February, fireworks started at 8. That was an aggressive schedule for sure but we made it just in time. I think we were in the room by 7:55!! Lol

You’re right though... if we checked bags and took the DME, it would take a LOT longer.

Hopefully, our flight is on time!

Last edited:
We are. Right across Hourglass Lake at Pop. Our district gives us the entire week. I think they got tired of the poor attendance Monday and Wednesday when they only had election day and the convention off.

Our non-Jersey district has off Monday for a teacher work day and Tuesday for election day. It's not as long as we'd like, but it's the one and only block of more than 3 days off that's at an off time. All our other school vacations are around the major holidays or are during the heat of summer, so Jersey week is when a lot of people here do Disney.

Going Nov 7-13 and didn't realize we were going Jersey week. How bad does it get ? Touring plans has most days at 5 for the parks I picked.

We will be there 11/6 thru 10th, Family of 14, two BCV suites, 4 Jersey teachers! Tickets for 1st MVMCP on the 8th! 1st time we will be attending a party :D

It will be crowded, but it is, what it is!

Going Nov 7-13 and didn't realize we were going Jersey week. How bad does it get ? Touring plans has most days at 5 for the parks I picked.
The weekend may be busier since Veterans' Day is a Monday this year so people may have a 3 day weekend. The real effect of Jersey week is on airline tickets if you are flying out of one of the regions airports . In the parks you might notice more people wearing NYC or Philadelphia sports teams attire.

Me! I’m seconding guessing my ADRs and FPs but hoping for the best. My kids have off the entire week. Will be their first time! 🤩

FWIW You're actually coming in towards the end of Jersey Week, which runs the week of Nov. 4-8. My gf and I are going Nov. 8-13 (though not starting parks till Nov. 9). My experience with Vet Day weekend is it doesn't have a huge impact on crowds (there will be increased crowds, for sure, but not a huge impact IMO). For example, here in Charleston, SC, the schools are off Nov. 5 for an election day, similar to how it is in Jersey, but are not off on Vet Day. I think that's the case for a lot of schools, given how Vet Day is sandwiched in between Fall Break and Thanksgiving.

FWIW You're actually coming in towards the end of Jersey Week, which runs the week of Nov. 4-8. My gf and I are going Nov. 8-13 (though not starting parks till Nov. 9). My experience with Vet Day weekend is it doesn't have a huge impact on crowds (there will be increased crowds, for sure, but not a huge impact IMO). For example, here in Charleston, SC, the schools are off Nov. 5 for an election day, similar to how it is in Jersey, but are not off on Vet Day. I think that's the case for a lot of schools, given how Vet Day is sandwiched in between Fall Break and Thanksgiving.

That’s why I chose Veterans Day weekend for a last minute weekend trip as opposed to Columbus Day weekend. I get in early that Friday and leave Monday night. Food & Wine is still gonna be nuts with locals but my thought was not as many schools are off for Vets Day.

I'll be there but i extended it to 2 weeks. Lol. So , a bit of missed school for my 2nd grader. We will make up the school lessons by driving down and staying at fort wilderness. The lessons will be in geography ( as we drive), vocabulary ( as i respond to others driving) , cooking ( we are in a camper) and just general life lessons ( no , the next bathroom is in 35 miles, you have to hold it untill then). Have fun all!

For example, here in Charleston, SC, the schools are off Nov. 5 for an election day, similar to how it is in Jersey, but are not off on Vet Day. I think that's the case for a lot of schools, given how Vet Day is sandwiched in between Fall Break and Thanksgiving.

Our district in Virginia is the same. We have Columbus Day off and a 4 day weekend for election day (which is why we travel during Jersey Week) but Veterans Day is a school day. We don't have a real fall break, just the 2 teacher work days (including election day) that make it a 4 day weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter