November Trip HS...Toy Story Land and GE?

hollygolitely93

DIS Veteran
I anticipate the answer is...'no clue. still waiting to find out...' however, I want to be sure I haven't missed news or confident hunches.

Fast Pass window for November trip will open in three weeks. Trying to figure out the best strategy to deal with HS. I was planning on two mornings. I have SAVI and DROID reservations for GE spread out over the two days. I'm hoping something for Toy Story land like a pay-for-access event is offered to help offset the stress of the new FP rules.

Any info? (Not on GE specific...on Toy Story Land or strategies to navigate HS in general...)

Thanks!

Well I will tell you my strategy for Thanksgiving week. We have 1.5 days planned for HS.

First day will be an afternoon start: FP for ToT as our tier 1. Do shows and stand by on other things.

Day 2 will be morning start with TSL. It's day 6 of our trip, so I am hoping to get a Slinky FP. IF we rope drop we will go for ToT. I refuse to RD TSL.

We have GE reservations that afternoon.

If they decide to extend the extra extra magic hours we will probably take advantage of them to get more TSL time. It's really tough to plan that park right now.

Yes, 2.5 weeks until our FP day, too. Because of EEMH, I don't think we're going to know much about Smugglers Run wait times at a regular park opening and when they'll let people into GE. Our HS day is 11/5, so there will only be 2 regular opens to learn from before our HS day.

I'm making lots of assumptions about our HS day, but who knows if I'm right. We have a very short trip and only a morning at HS, which makes it more complicated. If the hours don't get extended at all, I'm hoping they'll open GE earlier than official opening, just like they do for Pandora. We're planning to get to HS on the first bus. I'm hoping we'll be able to get in and be among the first people riding Smugglers Run that morning. Then we have a 10 am Oga's reservation and we'll look around GE a bit. By 11 we'll do a FP in TSL. After that it gets complicated, since the new tiering makes it so hard to use our FP wisely. I'm guessing we'll have to choose between using our other 2 FPs and riding ToT.

I anticipate the answer is...'no clue. still waiting to find out...' however, I want to be sure I haven't missed news or confident hunches.

Fast Pass window for November trip will open in three weeks. Trying to figure out the best strategy to deal with HS. I was planning on two mornings. I have SAVI and DROID reservations for GE spread out over the two days. I'm hoping something for Toy Story land like a pay-for-access event is offered to help offset the stress of the new FP rules.

Any info? (Not on GE specific...on Toy Story Land or strategies to navigate HS in general...)

Thanks!
Well, the good thing about your FP window opening in three weeks is you'll at least get some feedback from folks going the 1st week of September.

And, otherwise, it looks like the best option is to make your FP for the Tier 1 ride as early in the day as possible, choose Star Tours, and then an Early Show. Then, you can book a 4th FP at another Tier 1 if it becomes available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter