Number of Days to Visit in October

Have you checked prices flying into Long Beach (LGB). It’s not much further than SNA and just as easy to navigate if it’s an option for you.
All the best.
No, I haven’t! The only airports I really knew about were SNA and LAX. I’ll look into it.

I should have also been clearer in my first post: it’s just me and the husband, so we won’t have to deal with kid schedules or anything like.

Does your opinion change if the three full days would be Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday? We would fly in Saturday pretty early- based on the flight, we’d probably get to the parks around 2 or 3, so not early enough for morning stuff, but it would be a fair chunk of time.

The extra day seems nice, but we looked into some options and didn’t really find any we wanted to do, other than maybe stick our feet in the Pacific. It isn’t enough on its own to justify the $1000 minimum we’d have to spend on extra hotel nights and park tickets, so it’s hard to swallow.

I would have liked to see an Angels game, but I don’t think they’ll be playing then, ha.

ETA: Is it common for better flights to be added? My impression of our home airport is that it’s not very popular (12 gates total, I think), not to mention it doesn’t even service some airlines
It makes it more doable than Sat-Mon. Plenty of people have a great time at 3 days and you can absolutely hit all the big rides, MaxPass will be your friend in taking some stress out of it, especially with the crowds your first day or two. Table service lunch is also a good way to take a break on crowded days.

No clue about your airport adding more flights, I have a similar airport and mine only ever seems to move flights and cancel flights lol.

A thousand dollars is nothing to sneeze at, but I would have to agree with GottaLovePluto. I would opt for the longer, more expensive trip as this is a long way to go for three days-you know you won't be able to do much on the travel way here-you will feel those East coast hours later that night.

I think the picture has been set for crowds, it will be crowded. We have found October to be busier than the summer for the most part and Mondays can be brutal, no longer a big get away day. Adding Gay Days to the mix and there will be a fair amount of peeps in the parks.

All that being said, you can see quite a bit in three days-MaxPass is a must. As long as you are prepared for crowds and not seeing everything you will have a great trip with either option. With only three days I would spend a little more and get park hopper tickets too.The parks are literally right across from each other, nothing like the miles between parks at WDW. With hoppers and MaxPass you can really make the most of three days.

October is a great time to visit and also a very busy time. Gay Days is awesome. Lots of very festive and happy guests. You can wear a red shirt on those days to fit in. There will be rainbow treats and souveniers available that weekend only. The only thing I don't like about Gay Days is the crowds! It's super extra crowded that weekend, not just because of Gay Days, but because of Halloween time and lots of schools have a fall break.

I'd plan for the longer visit. Additional things going on at that time, (that you need to book far in advance) the after hours Halloween party, Afternoon Tea at the Disneyland Hotel (weekends only) which will be Halloween themed and we are expecting a special nightime World of Color show during that time. If you like Halloween type stuff, you can keep yourself very busy. If you feel like the extended stay is too much Disneyland time, take a break and go see something else.

I just found out that we’ve been invited to a wedding Oct 12, so I guess the week long stay is off the table!

Currently debating between an Oct 5-9 trip with flights between our home airport and SNA, or at Oct 5-10 trip with flight to SNA and out of LAX. The second option flights would be $80 more, and it would only be one extra hotel night and park pass (we’d get the 5 day). I just haaaaate LAX so much, ha. I always fear I’ll get stuck in some absurd traffic. I guess we could always leave from the hotel at 8 am to make sure we make the 1 pm flight.

I just found out that we’ve been invited to a wedding Oct 12, so I guess the week long stay is off the table!

Currently debating between an Oct 5-9 trip with flights between our home airport and SNA, or at Oct 5-10 trip with flight to SNA and out of LAX. The second option flights would be $80 more, and it would only be one extra hotel night and park pass (we’d get the 5 day). I just haaaaate LAX so much, ha. I always fear I’ll get stuck in some absurd traffic. I guess we could always leave from the hotel at 8 am to make sure we make the 1 pm flight.
Would it be possible to end your last park day (stay as late as you'd like), then stay at a hotel near LAX? That would take care of any traffic worries in the morning, you'd be able to sleep without stressing, you can usually find reasonable/low rates by LAX (we like the Sheraton Gateway), you can drop off the car ahead (if you'll have a rental) and take the hotel shuttle, etc. Of course, I'm biased here -- anything for an extra park day!

Would it be possible to end your last park day (stay as late as you'd like), then stay at a hotel near LAX? That would take care of any traffic worries in the morning, you'd be able to sleep without stressing, you can usually find reasonable/low rates by LAX (we like the Sheraton Gateway), you can drop off the car ahead (if you'll have a rental) and take the hotel shuttle, etc. Of course, I'm biased here -- anything for an extra park day!
I am thinking about this! We won’t have a rental car, so transportation gets tricky. I know there are shuttle options to the airport as well as Uber/Lyft/cabs. Do you have a suggestion for those? I’m a bit overwhelmed from the options, ha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter