Nurse discount

Khanks99

Earning My Ears
I know this is wishful thinking, but does anyone think Disney will ever have a nurses discount?

I know swan and dolphin offer discounts on rooms, but no where else on property does. As a nurse myself who is in the trenches of the covid19 mess, I would love a discount for nurses so when this is all over we can decompress in the happiest place on earth. Stay healthy everyone, and wash your hands!

I can't take advantage of it, but those S/D Nurse discounts are pretty sweet compared to whatever discount you can find at a "Disney" resort. Thanks for your commitment and service!

Thank you! When we went to Disney last fall I called S/D and the discount was only $75 off of a $400 room, we ended up getting a much better fall discount through Disney and stayed at Pop. I'm thinking the discount wasn't much because of how popular fall is at Disney!

Thank you! When we went to Disney last fall I called S/D and the discount was only $75 off of a $400 room, we ended up getting a much better fall discount through Disney and stayed at Pop. I'm thinking the discount wasn't much because of how popular fall is at Disney!
Yup. Folks love staying close to Epcot for Food and Wine. S/D has (or had) a lot of conventions. When they're hosting a big convention, it can get pricey. When they're not, they can offer some good deals. Staying at Pop Christmas week for first time in 8 years. Looking forward to it!

I know this is wishful thinking, but does anyone think Disney will ever have a nurses discount?

I know swan and dolphin offer discounts on rooms, but no where else on property does. As a nurse myself who is in the trenches of the covid19 mess, I would love a discount for nurses so when this is all over we can decompress in the happiest place on earth. Stay healthy everyone, and wash your hands!

No, I don’t think they will. If I remember right, they did briefly offer police & fire discounts after 9/11. But now, there are so many people & lots of occupations impacted. I am an RN in my 60s working in a regional Children’s hospital. I don’t want you to think I am unsympathetic or that I don’t understand where you are coming from. But besides nurses & doctors, many other occupations (respiratory therapists & housekeepers especially) are being exposed in hospital. And then theres EMT, Police & Fire & even grocery store workers being exposed. Other essential workers like food production workers & shippers who are showing up to work every day & not getting to “social distance” to keep all of us fed, medicated & able to have what we need. They are worried about being exposed from coworkers or the public & they can’t stay home to shelter in place. Everyone is gonna need a break after this.

Just a few weeks ago there was a thread from a teacher who wanted targeted discounts too because they can only travel during breaks & she felt they are underpaid. Somebody always wants a discount for themselves. Personally I don’t care for discounts targeted to professions. Teachers in our area start at over $60K & go to over $100 K. Certainly able to afford a Disney vacation as much as anyone else in our area. And right now, an RN working in an ER in NYC city is certainly more at risk than one working in a private plastic surgeons office, for example. But both would be eligible for a nurse discount if one was offered. Disney offers public discounts so anyone can take advantage. Hopefully you’ll be able to book one of those soon. I know we’ll all appreciate the wonder of Disney even more when we get back. Take care of yourself! :flower3:

Swan and Dolphin used to have them. You have to call. It doesn’t hurt to ask.

I was just going to ask if anyone thought healthcare workers would get a discount. Would be awesome!

I am a nurse practitioner and I wondered the same thing. Disney has done military discounts for years- rightly so- but maybe they will for healthcare providers and frontline workers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!