Nut allergies

AP1979

Earning My Ears
My kids are allergic to all nuts :( Any tips on restaurants that are great with nut allergies and ones to avoid? We are going in December and will have the dining plan. Is it true that you can't ask for allergy accommodations when doing mobile orders for the quick service locations? Does Disney have a place where they list all ingredients?

Thank you!

My kids are allergic to all nuts :( Any tips on restaurants that are great with nut allergies and ones to avoid? We are going in December and will have the dining plan. Is it true that you can't ask for allergy accommodations when doing mobile orders for the quick service locations? Does Disney have a place where they list all ingredients?

Thank you!

I have a severe tree nut allergy that requires me to keep an Epipen and you’ve got nothing to worry about. Basically everywhere has allergy menus that will tell you what’s safe in terms of Top 8. When you book ADRs you can note your allergy as well. I inform the cast member on check in. I haven’t been since mobile ordering started, but QS places have the allergy menus also.

On my last trip we ate at Les Halles in France and I asked the CM about the pesto on one of the sandwiches because I couldn’t be certain it was pistou or the standard Italian version with pine nuts (pistou is the Provençal kind that I can have because it traditionally excludes the nuts). She called back to the kitchen and they got out a gigantic binder that had literally every ingredient listed for the menu items and confirmed that I could eat the pesto. Was no bother at all either, they were incredibly nice and didn’t make me feel like a pain or difficult the way a lot of restaurants outside the bubble get.

In general I find Disney to be incredibly accommodating for food allergies, their parks are the one place I’ve felt very comfortable eating at. Substitutions are fine and they are happy to work with you. Before you go, if you have any questions or concerns I would suggest talking to Special Diets. Call them: (407) 824-5967. You can also email: specialdiets@disneyworld.com

My daughter also has nut allergies, and while I don't know about mobile ordering, I can speak to table service.

Every restaurant we have been to has treated us with the utmost care and respect. Cinderella's Royal Table and Teppan Edo come to mind, but the chefs at all of them have come out to discuss the type and level of allergy, to describe how the food is prepared as well as the ingredients involved, and to come to a conclusion about which foods will be served. All without making you feel like you're just being picky.

Just make sure you tell your server when they introduce themselves, and you'll have a great time.

Thank you so much for the detailed responses!! This info is so helpful! Glad to hear you both had good experiences!!

I have read but not used as such that you can not preorder with allergies. also be very careful everywhere at Disney as nuts can be anywhere. besides being sold at carts nuts can be brought in to parks by any guest and eaten anywhere. we ended up at ER one trip when a grandson touched peanut butter while in line for ride. we were riding one last ride before we went to eat dinner so was not from a meal

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter