NY Marathon

I am also in Orange, Wave 4 - Did my last long run this morning - 20 miler and it went amazingly well. Now time to taper.

The hay is in the barn. Have to avoid injuries and illness for 3 weeks.

We've got this!

Excited to find this thread. Did my first Dopey training with a half on Sunday followed by 20 yesterday as my last long run for NYC. I'm in Blue Wave 3 Corral D. Great to know runDisneyers will represent in NY!

Just decided to check in and see who here was running NYC...I am in Green Wave 1 Corral A, but am probably going to drop back to Orange Wave 1 Corral B to run with a friend. A nice benefit of moving from Green to Orange is that I get to run on top of the bridge, gotta take in that view!

A nice benefit of moving from Green to Orange is that I get to run on top of the bridge, gotta take in that view!

I was on top of the bridge last year and it was amazing. It was very windy, but I didn't care. I ran on the NYC side right by the rail and just took all the head/cross wind. I probably had a giant smile as I was running facing Manhattan most of the way... luckily I didn't run into anyone.

Last edited:
Ok, I finished the NYC Marathon run (virtual) today...I'm already dropping in the rankings severely - it sucked big time for me because I am still horribly out of shape after surgery and that surgery excuse is not gonna last much longer. :) Oh, and bloody hell, it was the coldest Halloween in history here in Houston (so much for global warming) - I probably could have flown to NYC and ran in better weather. But it is done and Strava confirmed I completed the challenge - so I think I am good to go for next years registration - pending full verification.

Oh yeah, and technically I finished before all you Sunday lazy runners!!! hehe

Oh yeah, and technically I finished before all you Sunday lazy runners!!! hehe

If you already finished and I'm already behind, does that mean I can just skip the race? Since there's no point in running it 3 days late?

Congrats on finishing! (And while it is warm in NY today, it's also dreary and slightly rainy, so you're not missing much)

Wow @Wendy98 . You are an amazing runner. Congrats on a great finish. Hope you're happy with it. Can anyone not be happy with 3:03!
I think you may be looking at 2018 results. I limped in yesterday with 3:21. I was right on pace until the half, slowed down because of the pain in my fibula (the one I broke during my May marathon), and around mile 18, I made a deal with myself to slow WAY down and take walk breaks. If I continued the way I was, I know my leg would be broken and I am not going through that again. If it really started to get severe, I was going to drop. I am pretty sure I had a stress reaction going on before I started and thought I might get away with it. Nope. I am home and icing and elevating it today. It isn't swollen, so probably just a stress fracture.

I think you may be looking at 2018 results. I limped in yesterday with 3:21. I was right on pace until the half, slowed down because of the pain in my fibula (the one I broke during my May marathon), and around mile 18, I made a deal with myself to slow WAY down and take walk breaks. If I continued the way I was, I know my leg would be broken and I am not going through that again. If it really started to get severe, I was going to drop. I am pretty sure I had a stress reaction going on before I started and thought I might get away with it. Nope. I am home and icing and elevating it today. It isn't swollen, so probably just a stress fracture.

Sorry to hear you are still injured. So down time in order, yes?

Sorry to hear you are still injured. So down time in order, yes?
I got home yesterday by 8 am and took a long walk in the early evening. It was very slow and a neighbor down the street asked what was wrong with me because I was limping (I swear I have a natural limp all the time anyway from my never ending foot problems). Today I managed 75 minutes at an easy resistance on the elliptical and took a short walk tonight. Running is out indefinitely.

I was going to do WDW Marathon in January, but may sit that one out (although I will still go to WDW!). I have Tokyo on March 1 and London at the end of April. Those will be goal races, so I do not want to get another injury that could take me out for 2-3 months. I am convinced it is just a stress fracture because a real break hurts so much worse.

I thought I was done with NYC after Sunday, but now I feel like I have unfinished business. I may or may not go back in 2020.

I thought I was done with NYC after Sunday, but now I feel like I have unfinished business. I may or may not go back in 2020.

I get this. I feel the same way about Boston. Not in the cards for next year, but I am considering Chicago or NY.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts