Nyc hotels

sumismommy

Carewmommy
Are there any nice reasonably priced under 200 dollar hotels near the Nyc port, or a short uber ride away?

Under $200? Good luck! Seriously, not trying to be snarky, but staying in Manhattan for cheap is hard. Deals can be had across the water in New Jersey though. Do you have any hotel points you can redeem? We are getting an awesome 2-room suite at the Best Western Hospitality house for 32k points/night (cash rate is about $600/night).

For under $200, I'd look in NJ. There is a Hampton Inn and Hilton Garden in North Bergen that offers shuttle to port.

Are there any nice reasonably priced under 200 dollar hotels near the Nyc port, or a short uber ride away?

What time of year are you looking for?
We scored The Andaz on Wall Street for around $200 in September on a 3rd party site, maybe Kayak. It was a small room no view with a queen bed for 2 people. The Financial District is cheaper on weekends because they cater to more business clients during the week so they are less crowded on weekend and offer specials.
Right now in the dead of winter you can get deals all over the city, we have stayed at really nice hotels for way less in January.
Last January we stayed at The Dominick for 9 nights and 2 nights were free, that was a splurge for our anniversary but its a 5 star experience start to finish.

we stay near the Queensboro Plaza subway stop in Long Island City. it's one subway stop away from Manhattan, and a quick cab ride to the Cruise Terminal. Hotel prices are far more reasonable than in Manhattan.

For how many people? For 1 or 2? Yes. For a larger family? It's harder.

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express a few blocks away from the cruise terminal a couple years ago. I'm sure it was under $200. I actually do overnights in the city, often in mid-town/Hell's Kitchen areas (walking or quick taxi or uber to the port distance) frequently and don't pay more than $200 (don't pay more than $150 usually) but I'm usually solo or with 1 kid.

which holiday inn express?

For how many people? For 1 or 2? Yes. For a larger family? It's harder.

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express a few blocks away from the cruise terminal a couple years ago. I'm sure it was under $200. I actually do overnights in the city, often in mid-town/Hell's Kitchen areas (walking or quick taxi or uber to the port distance) frequently and don't pay more than $200 (don't pay more than $150 usually) but I'm usually solo or with 1 kid.

which holiday inn express?

It was on 48th St. Between 10th and 11th. It's literally a 2-3 block walk to the cruise terminal - a block and a half west and then 1/2 a block or so north depending on which pier.

You might try Brooklyn. Rates are generally cheaper there. And it’s an easy subway ride into Manhattan if you have time for sightseeing. But otherwise I would expect to pay between 250 and 300 a night.

You might try Brooklyn. Rates are generally cheaper there. And it’s an easy subway ride into Manhattan if you have time for sightseeing. But otherwise I would expect to pay between 250 and 300 a night.

Brooklyn - at least Downtown Brooklyn which is the closest to subway lines - is easily as expensive as a lot of Manhattan hotels now.

Check out W on Lexington or the Sheraton New York Times Square and Marriott Hotels in Chelsea. I've had most of them around 215$. Granted, we were just two adults but you might find good rates.

Also, if you are not too afraid of third parties or not knowing the name of the hotel before you pay for it, hot wire can get you good deals.

Closest we got was the Skyline Hotel. It was a couple of blocks from the port and you had a view of the USS intrepid. They also have a restaurant attached to the hotel. We enjoyed the food but it was pricey (as was everything in NYC).

Coming back to this thread to report on this hotel I've found. It's just across the water from the port of NYC and right beside the ferry dock, so easy to get to/from. Has suites so good for families, and is a new hotel. https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/lgark-residence-inn-weehawken-port-imperial/

Awesome! Adding this to our list! We are sailing out of NYC in October and also a family of 4. I think we'll be flying in and out of Newark so the night before our cruise we will stay near the airport and uber to the port in the morning. But when we get off the ship the plan is to stay in the area for all of Saturday before flying home the Sunday night (our cruise is Saturday to Saturday).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter