NYC Magic Sailing Fastpass/Memory Maker question

Mdec96

Earning My Ears
Hello All,

We are in the home stretch for our Oct 6th Magic sailing from NYC and are confused about the whole fast pass KTTW/Paper ticket thing. I understand that we get admission to the parks and 3 magic fast passes as part of the cruise, but how does that work with the MDE app and the memory maker. We were looking to purchase the memory maker but as I understand it the memory maker is tied to the MDE via your ticket to the park. I have read from a few different places that the KTTW cards may not work with the MDE. If so does that mean that purchasing the one day Memory Maker would be a waste? Would we also not be able to obtain additional fast passes? I apologize if this has already been covered but any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Hello All,

We are in the home stretch for our Oct 6th Magic sailing from NYC and are confused about the whole fast pass KTTW/Paper ticket thing. I understand that we get admission to the parks and 3 magic fast passes as part of the cruise, but how does that work with the MDE app and the memory maker. We were looking to purchase the memory maker but as I understand it the memory maker is tied to the MDE via your ticket to the park. I have read from a few different places that the KTTW cards may not work with the MDE. If so does that mean that purchasing the one day Memory Maker would be a waste? Would we also not be able to obtain additional fast passes? I apologize if this has already been covered but any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.
There are 3 VIP Fast Passes attached to your KTTW card. Once you use all three you can pull additional FPs at the kiosks, but not by using My Disney Experience. I would think any other options available on MDE would also be unusable with the KTTW admission ticket.

If you want to use the Memory Maker, well, the one day Photopass, I think you just ask for a photopass card when you get your first photo taken. Then, you use that for all the remaining photos. Go into the Disney app and enter the photopass card number to activate it. Review a photo, then click on it to buy the whole day's worth of photos.

Now, I've only bought that daily once and it's been since March, so I may be rusty in how you do it, but I think that's it. We had tickets on our account, but I can't see why that would matter. The photos aren't linked to the tickets, just whatever account you add them to (in the app... only in the app).

Yeah, no MDE for the FPs we are being given....use up the 3 VIP fp's and then head to a kiosk in the parks to make more FPs

MJ

Last edited:

If you want to use the Memory Maker, well, the one day Photopass, I think you just ask for a photopass card when you get your first photo taken. Then, you use that for all the remaining photos. Go into the Disney app and enter the photopass card number to activate it. Review a photo, then click on it to buy the whole day's worth of photos.

Now, I've only bought that daily once and it's been since March, so I may be rusty in how you do it, but I think that's it. We had tickets on our account, but I can't see why that would matter. The photos aren't linked to the tickets, just whatever account you add them to (in the app... only in the app).

If you get a one-day PhotoPass, is it the same price (~$150? I believe?)?

If you get a one-day PhotoPass, is it the same price (~$150? I believe?)?
If you buy a Memory Maker at least 3 days ahead of time, it's now $169.99. That product is for multiple days, but could be used for one day, as well. If you don't buy it at least 3 days early, it's $199.99.

As of March, the Photopass one day pass was $59.99. Unless someone here has bought one recently, you might find more info on this on the theme park board. Anyway, you have to buy it from the app, not the computer website and you buy it after you've had your first photo taken (which is why I can't check the price or details for you). What I did was have that first photo taken, (wait about 20 minutes for it to load to the app), go to the app and view it (and this can be done after you're finished in the park, too), view a photo and it will ask if you want to buy it or buy all the photos. You'll choose to buy all the photos.

If you buy a Memory Maker at least 3 days ahead of time, it's now $169.99. That product is for multiple days, but could be used for one day, as well. If you don't buy it at least 3 days early, it's $199.99.

As of March, the Photopass one day pass was $59.99. Unless someone here has bought one recently, you might find more info on this on the theme park board. Anyway, you have to buy it from the app, not the computer website and you buy it after you've had your first photo taken (which is why I can't check the price or details for you). What I did was have that first photo taken, (wait about 20 minutes for it to load to the app), go to the app and view it (and this can be done after you're finished in the park, too), view a photo and it will ask if you want to buy it or buy all the photos. You'll choose to buy all the photos.

This is awesome information! Thank you so much! I never knew about the one day PhotoPass. I will look into it!

I recently wrote to Disney Photo Pass about the one day Photo Pass, this was their response:

Thank you for recent inquiry regarding the Memory Maker One Day!

Our new Memory Maker One Day product allows you to download ALL of your Disney PhotoPass® photos from one magical day at the Walt Disney World® Resort! This product is only available by signing into your My Disney Experience app via a phone or a mobile device. The One Day Memory Maker is $59.00 and provides you immediate downloads of your memories on your mobile device or computer.

To purchase Memory Maker One Day, sign into your account using the My Disney Experience App. Select a photo taken on the day you wish to purchase Memory Maker One Day. When you select the photograph, you will have the option to purchase “Unlimited Downloads of Your Photos for This Day”. You will also see the option to buy Memory Maker for your entire vacation, this option is $199.00. Upon completion of the purchase, the watermarks will be removed and you will be able to download, save, and share your Disney PhotoPass® photos. The Memory Maker One Day is a non-refundable product once it is purchased.

Please note that MagicBands are required to be worn in order to receive some content- like the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ Attraction videos. Any photos taken outside of this window will not be included in the download and will need to be purchased separately.

Thank you for contacting Disney Photo Imaging. We hope you enjoy your magical memories!

Sincerely,

Guest Support Team

I hope this info helps anyone else with the same question....

Yes, that's the one. But if you don't have a magic band, you can still use the service by asking for a photopass card from your first photographer. Use it like the old school way... just give the next photographer that card to link the photos. When you are done, use the app to add in your photopass card number (or go to guest services, if you're still in the park, to help you with this).

Yes, that's the one. But if you don't have a magic band, you can still use the service by asking for a photopass card from your first photographer. Use it like the old school way... just give the next photographer that card to link the photos. When you are done, use the app to add in your photopass card number (or go to guest services, if you're still in the park, to help you with this).

I wonder if you have a magic band on if you can register it and still get the videos? We have so many magic bands that I'm sure still work.

I wonder if you have a magic band on if you can register it and still get the videos? We have so many magic bands that I'm sure still work.
Your best bet is to contact someone from WDW to be sure. I believe the magic band, in your case, would simply act as a means to access your MDE account, but, not knowing their systems, I can't be sure enough to give you advice, other than try, but pick up the photopass card, as well.

Thank you for all the replies and info! It is unfortunate that we can’t use the MDE app for fast passes, we have never used it before but we’re looking forward to trying it out. I figured it has to be easier than running around the park! We were also interested in buying a magic band to get the ride videos. It sounds like that will still work with the app. From what I have seen that seems to be the only way to get the ride videos onto the app.

It is, but before you go to that trouble, view a couple on youtube. To my mind, most of the video is stock and then there's this little 3 second piece of your party on the ride and that's it. That said, at least for 7DMT, the magic band is also the only way to get the photopass photo for the ride, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter